• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2023 Civic Type R Spy Shots (Compiled June 23)

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
I was hopeful too but now I think we’re looking at later in July at the earliest as the CRV appears to be on track for a July 12 announcement date (as reported by Motor1). I keep referring back to this “product cadence” screenshot leaked in this forum a while ago and everything has progressed in line with it since the fall.
9DC8B9A4-5475-4D0A-8B48-89697173CC34.jpeg
Ooh, that's a good grab!
Sponsored

Lamotrigine

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GE8
I was hopeful too but now I think we’re looking at later in July at the earliest as the CRV appears to be on track for a July 12 announcement date (as reported by Motor1). I keep referring back to this “product cadence” screenshot leaked in this forum a while ago and everything has progressed in line with it since the fall.
9DC8B9A4-5475-4D0A-8B48-89697173CC34.jpeg
rip, turned from rock hard to flaccid now…

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Rather disappointing not to see it revealed at the Goodwood Festival.
Would have been a great opportunity to unleash it to the world. Honestly can’t think of a better time and place.
Too bad
Considering Goodwood was basically a love song to 50 years of M, I’d say it would have been the worst time. Honda would have played 2nd fiddle to all things M.

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
Considering Goodwood was basically a love song to 50 years of M, I’d say it would have been the worst time. Honda would have played 2nd fiddle to all things M.
Disagree completely

It didn’t stop Porsche with their new 963 and not to mention the countless new EV cars. Goodwood is about the celebration of automotive culture and Motorsport period

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
Disagree completely

It didn’t stop Porsche with their new 963 and not to mention the countless new EV cars. Goodwood is about the celebration of automotive culture and Motorsport period
Amen

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Disagree completely

Ahhh…so they debuted the Type R there? Oh wait…

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Also, I agree with the premise of Goodwood, but the Porsche 963 is an LMP race car, and some of the EVs, like the Polestar 5 are Tesla Plaid conpetition… I just feel like Honda is waiting to do a reveal on its own, not at an event with tons of other exciting cars… don’t really understand how me saying that takes away from it being an event that celebrates automotive culture and motor sports? Otherwise, every car ever would be debuted at Goodwood.

Lamotrigine

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GE8
The new FL4 e:HEV UK reviews are up. Honda is very confident with the new hybrid set up and said it’s so good that they would like to put it into the CTR. Next gen CTR could be nuts

mills_\nm/

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HRV
The new FL4 e:HEV UK reviews are up. Honda is very confident with the new hybrid set up and said it’s so good that they would like to put it into the CTR. Next gen CTR could be nuts
Do you think it would be implemented into the 2024 version? Or Honda will wait until the 12th gen?

Lamotrigine

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GE8
Do you think it would be implemented into the 2024 version? Or Honda will wait until the 12th gen?
Tbh I am not sure too lol. Probably next gen. Unless they have the need to do it during the mid cycle refresh for emission purposes

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I cannot imagine one year into the life of the new 11th gen, they decide to hybridize the Type R. 12th gen for sure.

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
I cannot imagine one year into the life of the new 11th gen, they decide to hybridize the Type R. 12th gen for sure.
either 12th gen or if they get weird with it they could release at Type RR Mugen like they've done in the past
Sponsored