2023 Civic Type R Officially Revealed! Will Be Made in Japan!

Jebuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CBP Type R
Country flag
I love the front end of it! I wonder how the cooling will be with the new hood and the front honey comb grill. No more fake carbon lip kit which I like too. Interior looks amazing.

I still don't like the rear even with the wider fenders and spoiler.

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
For me, its the interior. The seats look great! The red carpet gives it that authentic R touch. The dash is perfect. As for the exterior.. lol not a fan. Tail lights and rear end I'm just not feeling..

BackslashBrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R (SGP)
Country flag
I love the front end of it! I wonder how the cooling will be with the new hood and the front honey comb grill. No more fake carbon lip kit which I like too. Interior looks amazing.

I still don't like the rear even with the wider fenders and spoiler.
My thoughts exactly, front end look extremely dope!! Rear end doesn't sit well with me lol, love the interior as well, I gotta give it to Honda on that.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
-wing should be body colored. Same with the mirrors.
-red carpets are ugly. Floor mats sure, but why the carpets?
-Are the front side vents even functional?!?!?

Black is the only color id have this car in

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really like the whole setup! The front end looks sharp and almost Acura like.
It took me a few minutes to appreciate the rear of the car.
The tail lights and bumper look almost Audi S8 while the spoiler and bumper combination make me think GT R3.
I’m hooked!

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW
Country flag
-wing should be body colored. Same with the mirrors.
-red carpets are ugly. Floor mats sure, but why the carpets?
-Are the front side vents even functional?!?!?

Black is the only color id have this car in
Interior is pretty much paying homage to the older CTR. And no the front vents are blocked off.

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si coupe, 2021 SGP Type R
the all-new 2023 Civic Type R recently set a new production-car front-wheel drive track record at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan, home to the Formula 1 Honda Japanese Grand Prix 2022, securing its legacy as the best performing Civic Type R ever.

Performance-Focused Engineering

A new lightweight and highly rigid body helps improve high speed stability and scalpel-sharp responses. Track-ready, Nürburgring-tuned and tested, Civic Type R's famously addictive driving...
Something is missing in this announcement. "track record at Suzuka", "Nürburgring-tuned". I wish Sabine was here to drive this car around the ring

RTC975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type-R
Country flag
I like it. My 60+yr old parents bought a 6sp sport touring hatch and I like the new gen civics a lot. Not enough to sell my FK8 but I have zero issues with the new car.

Every single one of them will sell for big money. Get ready for a lot of pissed off potential buyers, negative commentary and foot stomping over "never a dime over sticker" and the like. It's going to take COIN to transact on the new R.

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
I’m bias… I open my garage and get to stare at two FK8s… this would make me a sad panda to look at daily. It’s so… bland? That’s probably why many like it though which I get!

I love radical/ “ugly” cars. It’s just something about edges, wings, vents, etc that I need in life… plus those seats I’m sorry look no way as cool as the FK8s.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
It's gonna be an amazing car. Despite all the "MOST POWERFUL" marketing, it will most likely be an incremental improvement performance wise (like 15hp max).

I will say, as poser as it sounds, driving mine today made me realize how much I LOVE the hood scoop/bulge. My new 4runner will have an even more useless poser hood scoop but just seeing it from the driver's seat makes me feel cooler than I am. Disappointed they dropped it on this new one. Glad they dumped the goofy 20" wheels though.

Confirmed with this release that I'm happier keeping mine but I think the toned down styling will really open the door to a whole pool of customers that ruled the 10th gen out on looks alone, especially older enthusiasts. For that reason, I feel like these will be even harder than the 10th gen to snag at sticker.....but the 10th gens will continue to retain their strong secondhand market value for years.
Sponsored