2023 Civic Type R Officially Revealed! Will Be Made in Japan!

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Looks like ill stay with my fk8 i knew I wouldn’t like this 11th gen so i went and got me a nice ceramic white Elantra N and i got to say the tech is crazy nice and the looks of the car is outstanding.
Sponsored

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
I'm not digging the look on this new Gen- it doesn't look unique like what our 10th Gens look like.

Sure it has a more racer-boy look, but it's unique and when I'm driving down the road, nobody has to look 3 times to know I'm in a Type R.

For this new model, I anticipate many Civic owners to slap-on aftermarket wings, hoods and possibly Red Decals along with rear lights to mimic the real-deal.

@RepyT is gonna love the carpet- it's RED!

At the end of Raiti's Rides video review, you can clearly see that they've incorporated the ugly front-end mug from the Accord/CRV in this new model. 😬

Last edited:

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Looks like ill stay with my fk8 i knew I wouldn’t like this 11th gen so i went and got me a nice ceramic white Elantra N and i got to say the tech is crazy nice and the looks of the car is outstanding.
I'll wait for N 74 Vision. Hyundai coming out with crazy retro stuff and I dig it

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Maybe I’m the weird one but the uniqueness and radical look of the FK8 is what drove me to getting one. It stands out, and I always get that look or nod of appreciation from people, friends or strangers, looking at it. And you feel behind the wheel what you see when you look at it from the outside. I’m not really sure how you can look at this one and say “WOW.” I don’t want to piss on anyones parade, if you like the toned down look, then good for you. Just feel like they really took a big step back here. The FK8 wows you, this one mehs you.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Maybe I’m the weird one but the uniqueness and radical look of the FK8 is what drove me to getting one. It stands out, and I always get that look or nod of appreciation from people, friends or strangers, looking at it. And you feel behind the wheel what you see when you look at it from the outside. I’m not really sure how you can look at this one and say “WOW.” I don’t want to piss on anyones parade, if you like the toned down look, then good for you. Just feel like they really took a big step back here. The FK8 wows you, this one mehs you.
👏

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's the Honda europe press release FL5 Press release europe
Seems like the new type R has a different turbo with different blade count and shape to increase power along with a revised exhaust system.If power to weight ratio has been increased and this type r weighs more then the previous fk8 then it must have a lot more hp then +5hp..?

EuropeanCTR

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8
Country flag
Havent been here in a hot minute. But the notification about the 11th gen, eh, gotta say the styling really doesnt do it for me. Neither the Wing, outside or the interior.

Interior wise its cool and all, id kill for a S2000 gauge cluster.

What kills it for me? The Infotainment Screen. Same that is a big downside on the Yaris GR. If im sitting low, i dont want a screen thats obscuring my view.

For those that want this look, good for you!

For me its just a, dont get me wrong, "Wing make it look cool"

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
My opinion doesn’t change.
Its very subdued/bland and will blend in to traffic which i think most people like about it. They made the spoiler black so its hard to see, for example.
The designer is a lady so i guess the reason for its “safe” design.

the gauge cluster is awesome like in the mustangs. Main thing i like about it.

i will pass this generation and wait for the next one. Hopefully electric or hybrid by then.

all in all it will sell well despite being more limited than before.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
That Wing on the rear looks horrible....doesn't flow with the car like the FK8, but i do love the interior. It looks better than the FK8 interior.

Also i feel cheated that this car will have the build quality of Japan, and we got Swindon UK :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
Honda does its back and forth pendulum swing again, from wild to mild. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Me, I think the new one is kind of like the new Acura Integra. Looks...ok. I kind of dig the wild look of my 2020; it's the only car I've owned where people constantly wave, give a thumbs up, and chat me up at gas stations and parking lots. For a 60+ dude, it's kind of cool to get that sort of props from young drivers I gotta say. They ignore the guys with far more expensive cars like so many folks my age drive....

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Havent been here in a hot minute. But the notification about the 11th gen, eh, gotta say the styling really doesnt do it for me. Neither the Wing, outside or the interior.

Interior wise its cool and all, id kill for a S2000 gauge cluster.

What kills it for me? The Infotainment Screen. Same that is a big downside on the Yaris GR. If im sitting low, i dont want a screen thats obscuring my view.

For those that want this look, good for you!

For me its just a, dont get me wrong, "Wing make it look cool"
Not sure why the obsession with putting a large bright screen right in your sightline. None of my cars have it thankfully but those times are changing and it's harder to avoid.

VashTheStampede

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, FK7, EG2
Country flag
it’s a pre-production model with a generic VIN - I’m going to go ahead and call this clickbait by HP Jason. One of two things is true here:

1) The rumor about extremely limited production is true and it will be made in Japan and exported to the world

Or

2) There will be two versions of this car - one for America made in Indiana or Ohio, and another for the rest of the world. (If this is the case, I would expect a lot of these to be floating around the US with higher volume production.)

A Japanese production civic just doesn’t make a lot of monetary sense for the US - but if that’s the case, good for Honda. My pandemic FK8 has some embarrassing QC issues that even my FK7 doesn’t have.

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R - Boost Blue; 2024 Civic Touring - SGP
Country flag
Not sure why the obsession with putting a large bright screen right in your sightline. None of my cars have it thankfully but those times are changing and it's harder to avoid.
Me either.
It was the first thing that made me say, "Whoa. I don't like that" about this car.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
To each their own.

Hard pass for me for so many reasons/
Sponsored