• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Actually nobody calls it a launch edition, at least not on the GR Corolla forums which I am a member of. I'm just cross shopping the CTR and the GRC at this point. I'm first on 3 dealer lists for a GRC, just waiting on the CTR reveal to make a decision.
Same here ;)
Sponsored

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
USA-367, 2011 Civic Si
HPJ is an employee of Honda, and he has historically been reliable with info like this. I would bet the house we are going to see a full, unwrapped reveal July 20th of the 11th gen CTR. HPJ was one of the first reliable sources to confirm Boost Blue for the 2020 refresh FK8 as well as the Phoenix Yellow CTR LE in 2021. I put a lot of stock into his word anyway

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
HPJ is an employee of Honda, and he has historically been reliable with info like this. I would bet the house we are going to see a full, unwrapped reveal July 20th of the 11th gen CTR. HPJ was one of the first reliable sources to confirm Boost Blue for the 2020 refresh FK8 as well as the Phoenix Yellow CTR LE in 2021. I put a lot of stock into his word anyway
I’m pretty sure he isn’t a Honda employee. If he was, Honda wouldn’t let him just announce this reveal date like that with nothing official from corporate. I don’t doubt that he has connections to Honda employees for his sources, though. He is a good source of info but personally I find his videos to be too fanboyish.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
USA-367, 2011 Civic Si
I’m pretty sure he isn’t a Honda employee.
We can agree to disagree, but I am 100% certain HPJ is a fully employed Honda marketing rep. Not just any average journalist or shmo off the street gets to go see their CTR being built at the Swindon factory and then shipped to their local dealer:

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
He definitely doesn’t seem like the type of guy that would make a statement like that, without some kind of knowledge.

OP
OP
Midnight-VTEC

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Jason has worked for Honda for most of his adult life. When he started making videos they started sending him to other dealerships to educate staff. Whether or not he is still employed by Honda I am not sure… but he definitely has good connections.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I guess if the Type R debute is July 20th, that could mean they might be on the road by early October…maybe even late September, if we use the Si as a comparison. It debuted October 19th and by the very end of Nov early Dec, they were starting to trickle out.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Any s2k owners here planning on adding (or swapping to) the upcoming CTR?

I’m wondering if it would make sense for me to own both.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris