2023 Civic e:HEV | Would you consider it, now or later?

sventhecivic

First Name
Gaetano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
Country flag
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2023-honda-civic-hatchback-ehev-hybrid-europe-insight/

Might be old news, but it’s developing to me.

I’m curious about other people’s opinions. I feel like the states usually get the short end of the stick with new cars (especially with standard features), and I’m a little disappointed that the Civic e:HEV won’t be offered here (yet).

I guess demand for hybrid hatchbacks is lower here than Honda would seem fit enough to offer it as an option. But if they did offer it, would you consider it? Would simply offering a hybrid option of a Civic get enough attention from buyers that Honda might realize “Oh hey, this is a good market for it!”

Personally I haven’t gotten enough life out of my Civic yet (and am still paying for it), but I know my next car should be either electric or a hybrid at least.

So, would you buy it? If so, why
Sponsored

OP
OP
sventhecivic

sventhecivic

First Name
Gaetano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
Country flag
I would too! I’d trade my Civic for it, because I think Honda has a really good handle on the driving experience. Even if it’s a partially electric vehicle, it’s probably incredibly fun to drive on curvy roads.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I dont know if i would consider this particular model over another and what not, but i can confidently say i would NOT consider buying or leasing a new vehicule that isnt at least plug in hybrid with at least 50 miles of electric range at this point...or something that use very little gas and can move mostly on electric power...so yeah.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Hell yes, 50+mpg and make it 0-60 6 sec or less. I will be sold.
Sponsored