Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-subaru-wrx-first-look-review/

A lot of manufacturers are going to interesting new styling like hyundai and now subaru.
Honda went backwards on the 11 th gen.
what do yall think?
The infotainment looks like they ripped out of the 2022 Dakota; I'm more curious as to what the STI will look like. I don't agree with the tame look of the current 11th gen, but i hope that's only going to be for the generic models and not the more sporty models such as the Si and CTR.

OP
OP
SmokeGhost

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
The infotainment looks like they ripped out of the 2022 Dakota; I'm more curious as to what the STI will look like.
i think this gives an idea at what the sti may look like.
but yeah sti or bust.
the power bump is less than I thought maybe the sti as well.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Some of it looks cool and new. Other parts i’m just left scratching my head…

That gauge cluster looks like it’s from a 2014 Hyundai. That plastic fender cladding makes it look like a mini crosstrek.

There isn’t much i’d be excited about if I were a subaru fan anticipating the redesign of this platform. So much black plastic going on in that rear diffuser. No significant power increase.

The seats look comfy, i guess?

Every company is embracing the manual transmission again as if it wasn’t nearly extinct 4 years ago. This is a good sign. #savethemanuals has had an impact.

Last edited:

OP
OP
SmokeGhost

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
I wonder if the cladding is a two tone deal. Maybe get a colored option.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
Putting a full size tv sideways in the center console was bold move. /s

I like the general design of the exterior I guess, but all that black plastic reminds me of when Ford ruined the Mustang in 2010. Getting those bits painted would be mod #1 for me.

Other than that I'm interested in what improvements they've made to their cvt offering.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
Front bumper fog area looks like they stole straight from the 10th gen hatch/Si sedans. The rear tails also look very similar to the 10th gens "C" shape design.

Really not a fan of all the exterior plastics. It definitely adds to the "ruggedness" theme that Subaru is introducing with some of their Wilderness package vehicles. The only issue I see is the type of buyers for the WRX are not the same as their other models, so why introduce the same type of styling.

It will be interesting to see where the STI goes from here to differentiate itself from the WRX. Maybe no ugly plastics on the exterior, a big bump in power, bigger wheels/brakes, and of course it can't be a STI without a rear wing.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
All that black plastic is hideous especially on the fenders. Otherwise the styling is not too bad. Looks like they cheaped out on the gauge cluster too. For the money this will probably retail at, I'd be more interested in the Elantra N assuming it's close.