2022 type r leak photo article

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
The back looks kind of sad and depressing......like a sad clown face. I know the more serious look will appeal to a broader range of people compared to our crazy busy rear but I bought a silly car to be silly and make me smile! Don't go the civilized route Honda, continue being childish with this car.

FK8 CTRs still sold out all over the place despite everyone bitching "ewww boy racer" and "omggg that winggg" when it came out. One of those people was me btw but it grew on me to the point of liking it. Wouldn't have mattered even if they didn't win me over, my car would have still never made it to the showroom floor before selling for at least msrp to someone else.

The front is straight up Accord Type R too and it seems like it got a tad bigger than the already too big FK8. Not going to make the same mistake I did with the FK8 and judge until I see it in person.....but based off the camo spy shots + the renderings (which look semi-consistent with the camo car), so far, not interested.

Then again, not really interested in most new cars anymore. Everything has gotten too techy, serious, and bloated.
Sponsored

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
and it's going to get worse over time.......We are losing what makes a driver car

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
and it's going to get worse over time.......We are losing what makes a driver car
So true. Was kind of annoyed they even added all the driver aids to the 2020/21. But like the new bumpers + updates enough to justify it.

Original plan was use my paid off GTI as my daily until it fell apart in the distant future and get a real keeper drivers car (aka S2000) now for the weekends. The R puts me behind on the S2K goal, but the goal remains.....

Hope everyone else goes and buys these self driving cars as they start getting more sophisticated so they can FINALLY get the hell out of my way when I'm blasting down the left lane with a smile on my face like a crazy person.

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
So true. Was kind of annoyed they even added all the driver aids to the 2020/21. But like the new bumpers + updates enough to justify it.

Original plan was use my paid off GTI as my daily until it fell apart in the distant future and get a real keeper drivers car (aka S2000) now for the weekends. The R puts me behind on the S2K goal, but the goal remains.....

Hope everyone else goes and buys these self driving cars as they start getting more sophisticated so they can FINALLY get the hell out of my way when I'm blasting down the left lane with a smile on my face like a crazy person.
I do this everyday when passing teslas when they are in the left and right lanes. Starting to get old though and kinda wish I had a self driving car. 8k though is too much for my blood to get a software upgrade. People on Tesla forums brag about how the model 3 performance is doing faster lap times than a type R, honda needs to give us electric motors or something for instant torque. 45-50k for a civic is ridiculus, it is only going up from here
Sponsored