what do you think of the gr86?

• Total voters

lynx124

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
IMO the '22 86/BRZ is the move to go over the Civic Si X. When I got my '19 Si Coupe it was between my car and the BRZ/FRS of the time, and although it looked cool the drive was a huge let-down. Simply put, driving the old-gen BRZ/FRS felt like I was driving a modified economy car being pushed to its limit, but the '19 Si felt more intentional in it's build. That being said, the Si is FAR from perfect, but at the time, I felt it was a better choice and I got a much better deal on it. (This was immediately pre-covid and therefore pre-whateverthefuck-this-car-market-is)...

NOW, however...the '22 BRZ/86 is the way to go without a shadow of a doubt. ESPECIALLY since Honda (IMO) absolutely shat-the-bed with this new Civic XI. The new BRZ/86 drives better, is faster, better balanced, stiffer, sounds better, looks hella better, has a gearbox that feels just as good, and is RWD...(i could keep going)...for slightly more than the new POS honda is selling...
Sponsored

JMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Honda Accord
Country flag
Why would it be boring? Driving any car on the edge is fun. But personally I would choose the car that is exceptionally better in every way in regards to performance. I've had great times in my turbo fwd shitboxes. my Cobalt handled quite good and was substantially faster than my old mans 17 Camaro SS. My Neon SRT4 handled like ass stock because it wasnt an ACR.... but in 2011... I was putting the hurt on BMW M3s, Mustangs etc. My 16 Focus handled great. I murdered every single BRZ around the track. One of the easiest cars to drive on the edge have ever driven. They're all fun to drive. I prefer cars that perform with a good bang for buck, the 86 is not that
Hard to believe that a Cobalt was faster than a '17 Camaro SS

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
If the gr86 had the same silhouette as the previous gen it would be perfect in my eyes. It looks too BIG just like the 10th gen civics (and all new cars) but I'm sure if I bought one I'd love it anyways lol

NightFuryEXT

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 1.5 Turbo EXT Coupe
Country flag
Hahaha.... to say it politely I absolutely walked him on 25psi and beat him handily at 18psi. Car was stock engine, 56mm/76mm compressor and 64x56mm turbine wheel .63AR hot side. Was moving 43lbs/min at 25psi... should be low 400s ish at the wheels on pump 94 is what I was using. So.... yeah I absolutely murdered dad's 17 SS fiftieth anny, along with many other cars. Lol

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Had to look up cobalt. That would be embarrassing.

NightFuryEXT

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 1.5 Turbo EXT Coupe
Country flag
Had to look up cobalt. That would be embarrassing.
It was an absolute blast. Bought the car with presumably a popped engine. Ended up putting in a used engine with some ARP head studs, a 4.05 LSD trans, Zzp intercooler, TiAl wastegate made an external dump tube, Comp stage 4 ceramic clutch, made my own down pipe, a Garrett 56mm turbo... drove it around on 245 Mickey Thompson ET Streets. I was total 7100 canadian into the car (about 5k USD) and had fun, light, shitbox that really hauled. It was a blast hurting feelings of Corvettes, Mustangs, Camaros, C43 Benz, M3, M2s...buddies dad had a Ferrari F430 and I would always bug him to go but he said he couldn't because if he lost, he would never live it down. Video is only on 15psi, Wastegate spring pressure 0 to 180k with a trash launch, eventually had it up to 25psi, was getting my tune made before my boost controller showed up. Basically put the car together over a weekend and a texas Mickey of whiskey.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2022 gr86 IMG_20200805_155811_328

Honda Civic 10th gen 2022 gr86 IMG_20200630_140917_813

Amazon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Cobalt SS
Country flag
Camaro SS's weigh 3700lbs and put down around 400-410whp stock. A 25psi FBO Cobalt SS puts down around 320-330whp and weighs 2900lbs. Power to weight is in the Cobalt's favor. Mine made 330whp on 26psi and I've beaten Scats, Mustang GT's, Camaro SS's and tuned CTR's. If a car traps around 115-116mph, a tuned Cobalt can probably beat it.

Consider how potent a current FBO/tuned GTI is, then shave off 250lbs and add NLS, that's a Cobalt SS. They're also track beasts, so going straight isn't the only thing they're good at. I call it the poor man's Type R lol.
Sponsored