MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
If you never had the system (CMBS) try to cause an accident then you might think it's a good thing.

Twice the CMBS in my wife's Accord (same as the CTR) has caused a very close call for me when I forgot to disable it. (CMBS needs to be shut off every time you start the car, unlike LKAS, etc.)

I know how to drive. I've never had an accident in 59 years of driving. I really don't need or want some nanny electronics lurking in the background and doing something I don't expect.
If a car brakes and the car behind hits them, its the following driver's fault. Not a happy situation to be rear ended, regardless of cause, but almost every time it happens it is the fault of the following car. Doesn't matter if CBMS caused the car to brake.

Regardless of if someone knows how to drive or has accidents or not, collision avoidance systems work. Statistically. It's why insurance companies give discounts for them. I'm glad for them. It means I'm less likely to get hit and injured or killed by another driver.

Sure, I'm all for drivers having the ability to control the cars behavior (i.e. turn the system off, I do every time I get on the track). But I also don't have a problem with them defaulting to on. It's like being against DRLs or auto headlights. I mean if you can't remember to turn on your headlights at night, should you really be driving? I'm sure you are comfortable turning on your own headlights when needed right? That's not much different than turning off collision avoidance is it?
Sponsored

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, Type R 2021
Country flag
Two lane road. Speed limit 55 MPH.
Straight stretch with a dashed yellow passing zone center line.
Pulled out and passed the car ahead. When I crossed the center line moving back into my lane, it hit the brakes, hard. There were no other cars visible ahead in either direction.
Pushing the accelerator didn't do anything.
All I was doing was watching what the car I'd just passed was doing. Fortunately, he avoided me.

Same type of road. Same speed limit approximately (might have been 50 MPH).
Car ahead pulled into the right turnoff lane that ran alongside the travel lane. That turnoff lane was a full width lane. So, here there were three full-sized lanes. I was in the middle one.
My car once again got all over the brakes as soon as I got 'close' to the turning car. Once again I had to worry about the car behind.

That did it for me. Unless I forget, CMBS is off.
So the car detected ghost objects? I can see why that would be concerning. Glad the car behind you reacted well.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
If a car brakes and the car behind hits them, its the following driver's fault. Not a happy situation to be rear ended, regardless of cause, but almost every time it happens it is the fault of the following car. Doesn't matter if CBMS caused the car to brake.

Regardless of if someone knows how to drive or has accidents or not, collision avoidance systems work. Statistically. It's why insurance companies give discounts for them. I'm glad for them. It means I'm less likely to get hit and injured or killed by another driver.

Sure, I'm all for drivers having the ability to control the cars behavior (i.e. turn the system off, I do every time I get on the track). But I also don't have a problem with them defaulting to on. It's like being against DRLs or auto headlights. I mean if you can't remember to turn on your headlights at night, should you really be driving? I'm sure you are comfortable turning on your own headlights when needed right? That's not much different than turning off collision avoidance is it?
This logic is flawed. You must not ride motorcycles…. The objective is to avoid accidents - regardless of fault.

These systems are designed for the lowest common denominator of driver. These systems are ACTIVE and nothing like seat belts, DRL, auto headlights, etc.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
This logic is flawed. You must not ride motorcycles…. The objective is to avoid accidents - regardless of fault.

These systems are designed for the lowest common denominator of driver. These systems are ACTIVE and nothing like seat belts, DRL, auto headlights, etc.
The systems are best for the lowest skilled drivers in the worst situations. But they work better than the vast majority of drivers in most situations. Statistics prove it.

Besides, a highly skilled and conscientious driver who can out perform these systems certainly is skilled enough to remember to turn them off right? Sure, it's a nuisance, but it's a single button, not much of a challenge for a skilled and aware driver.

But I really don't want to get into some aggressive argument. We can all have different opinions and experience with these systems. My opinions are based on positive experiences with Honda Sensing and bad experiences with Tesla Auto Drive, but are first and foremost driven by safety statistics.

SGP_TypeR

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
Part of the reason I didn’t buy a CTR in 2019 was due to the lack of the adaptive cruise, etc. I love having it on road trips and other performance cars had it at similar price points. I went for the better equipped car at the time.

First Name
Hong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DC5, FK8, GE8, GK5
Country flag
Integra looks massive for what it's supposed to be a successor to. Looks about honda accord sized?
It's an ILX rebadged.
Just imagine the side "INTEGRA" words were gone, it looks like an ILX. *SMH*

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's an ILX rebadged.
Just imagine the side "INTEGRA" words were gone, it looks like an ILX. *SMH*
2022 Acura Integra motto:

“The Dreams of Power”
-Me

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Careful about premature dealer "promises" about selling at a certain price. I had 3 promise to sell me an LE at sticker. One ended up sticking to their word but I was second in line (knew this beforehand) so the other gentleman got it for MSRP.

The other two, both of which I had a good relationship with, flaked on the price when they actually took delivery. Not sure what happened with either of those cars but I know one sat on the showroom floor with a silly price for the longest time.

You can try talking to them ahead of time but even sales managers bullshit to keep your interest. Expect a similar battle like the FK8 involving many phone calls and dealer shenanigans before getting this new one for MSRP. But, like the FK8, I am confident it will be possible in many states.
Sponsored