2022 Civic Type R at MSRP?

CTR39322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR(sold) DE5 Acura Integra
Country flag
Yep, it’s big, probably heavier than the civic si with the same power train. Hopefully they don’t put in a cvt on the automatic ones.
Sponsored

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
I think there is going to be a lot of disappointment when the new CTR finally is revealed, like it already happened with the SI, integra and TLX type s.
Well the disappointment with the SI was that the gauge cluster wasnt digital, it made less power, and no longer had heated seats. Styling is night and day with the 11th gen vs the 10th gen. I like both honestly. There were probably a few more things I missed.

Im curious what the next CTR will be like but I am not sure what all they can downgrade on the car like they did with the SI. Maybe remove the lane keep or adaptive cruise? It'd seem silly to remove the drive modes and adjustable dampeners. It already doesnt have heated seats too.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Found one local to me which said they would but also said they would charge for accessories that were installed. They told me they don’t order the the cars Honda just sends them already specked. Doesn’t seem right to me but never dealt with ordering from Honda. Also wouldn’t take a deposit
This is how American Honda does the Type R's. At least how they did the FK8s. They don't make enough of them (8k per year, worldwide for the FK8s) to have any options. And they are in demand so dealers can't order what they want, they just get them assigned to them. The dealers don't even get to pick the color in the USA. Other markets have different processes (to some extent).

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Integra looks massive for what it's supposed to be a successor to. Looks about honda accord sized?
prob just looks deceiving. you can totally spot the same roofline as the civic hatch, which is part of why i personally think it looks bad. Just a civic with a different butt and face like ILX in the past. This one's a little more weird with a total departure from the Acura design language in the rear.

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R - Boost Blue; 2024 Civic Touring - SGP
Country flag
Maybe remove the lane keep or adaptive cruise?
Yes, please.
While they're at it they can delete CMBS.
Spend the money saved on a decent entertainment unit.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
I don't get why people are opposed to LKAS and CBMS. I've never found either to be intrusive, plus they can be turned off with a simple switch. And it lowers your insurance costs even if you turn them off. It's like asking a car not to come with seatbelts, pointless at best.

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't get why people are opposed to LKAS and CBMS.
If you never had the system (CMBS) try to cause an accident then you might think it's a good thing.

Twice the CMBS in my wife's Accord (same as the CTR) has caused a very close call for me when I forgot to disable it. (CMBS needs to be shut off every time you start the car, unlike LKAS, etc.)

I know how to drive. I've never had an accident in 59 years of driving. I really don't need or want some nanny electronics lurking in the background and doing something I don't expect.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
If you never had the system (CMBS) try to cause an accident then you might think it's a good thing.

Twice the CMBS in my wife's Accord (same as the CTR) has caused a very close call for me when I forgot to disable it. (CMBS needs to be shut off every time you start the car, unlike LKAS, etc.)

I know how to drive. I've never had an accident in 59 years of driving. I really don't need or want some nanny electronics lurking in the background and doing something I don't expect.
LOL its just a beep that tells you that you are close to hitting someone and need to brake....not a big deal. I dont understand how you almost got into an accident

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
LOL its just a beep that tells you that you are close to hitting someone and need to brake....not a big deal. I dont understand how you almost got into an accident
It's not just a beep.
It applied the brakes very aggressively. I barely stayed out of the way of the car behind me.
That happened twice.
In neither case was there a reason to apply the brakes at all. The system just 'thought' there was.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
It's not just a beep.
It applied the brakes very aggressively. I barely stayed out of the way of the car behind me.
That happened twice.
In neither case was there a reason to apply the brakes at all. The system just 'thought' there was.
I turn off brake assist when in town / starting the car. It doesn't know wtf is going on and I don't need it to figure it out for me.

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
It's not just a beep.
That happened twice.
My mk7.5 GTI had a brake collision warning system or whatever its called - it would just beep when it thought I was going to rear end someone. I dont remember if it ever actually applied the brakes but I want to say it did.. ? Its been a while since I had the car.. anyways it would beep at me when I would be driving on back roads when I would dip down, like it saw a rock or something and thought it was a car. Either way I agree, I dont care for the nannies unless they're going to actually work and not cause more issues like making me piss my pants on backroads at some crazy beeping and red lights.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Interesting Mine isn't as aggressive...I don't get any sudden stops or brake applied.

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, Type R 2021
Country flag
It's not just a beep.
That happened twice.
happened to me twice. both times i was driving like a dick cutting a tighter than comfortable space through 2 cars opening while accelerating aggressively. (In the 2019 sedan)

Did I curse at the car for doing this? yes. But also it made re-think the way i drive. Anyway once I understand how the system works it hasn't caused me any issue. so far.

I'm not implying anything in regards to how it happened for you. But overall I think the system's safety benefits outweighs the need for speed and what defines as a "fun" driving style.

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm not implying anything in regards to how it happened for you. But overall I think the system's safety benefits outweighs the need for speed and what defines as a "fun" driving style.
Two lane road. Speed limit 55 MPH.
Straight stretch with a dashed yellow passing zone center line.
Pulled out and passed the car ahead. When I crossed the center line moving back into my lane, it hit the brakes, hard. There were no other cars visible ahead in either direction.
Pushing the accelerator didn't do anything.
All I was doing was watching what the car I'd just passed was doing. Fortunately, he avoided me.

Same type of road. Same speed limit approximately (might have been 50 MPH).
Car ahead pulled into the right turnoff lane that ran alongside the travel lane. That turnoff lane was a full width lane. So, here there were three full-sized lanes. I was in the middle one.
My car once again got all over the brakes as soon as I got 'close' to the turning car. Once again I had to worry about the car behind.

That did it for me. Unless I forget, CMBS is off.
Sponsored