CTRDON

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Country flag
Does anyone out there know of a dealership willing to write a purchase contract on a 2022 Civic Type R at MSRP?
Just sold my 2019 CTR to Carvana for $44.3K and am looking to avoid all the potential dealer markup games next year. Thanks much!
Sponsored

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
...or if the 2022 CTR will exist, ever. More likely a '23, which is what we're targeting.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Does anyone out there know of a dealership willing to write a purchase contract on a 2022 Civic Type R at MSRP?
Just sold my 2019 CTR to Carvana for $44.3K and am looking to avoid all the potential dealer markup games next year. Thanks much!
Start making calls and putting down deposit(s).

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
No, no dealers are selling 2022 CTRs at MSRP. 2022 CTRs do not exist.

Wait until Honda actually announces that they are going to exist before you try to buy something. I believe the hints are that Honda will announce the Gen XI CTR next summer. Which would indicate they might be available at the end of next year.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Your one and only hope would be to have a relationship with a dealership and try and get one secured for that before release. In this day and age who knows what kind of markups are going to go on the new ones with shortages and such. But it's also a polarizing car, either you love or hate it so there may be some available just have to wait and see.

SGP_TypeR

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
I think it comes down to simple economics. The dealerships lack inventory, therefore, lack revenue. A lot of these mark ups now aren’t because of greed. I wouldn’t be surprised if they need it due to the lack of sales volume.

Additionally, if they have to pay over msrp for a used one, why would they sell a new one at msrp when many are willing to pay over msrp?

I already started calling around. Dealers near me don’t know when they receive info about their allocation and don’t know what the landscape will be like then.

As an aside, seems a bit odd to be able to sell your used CTR over msrp and think you can get into the new one cheaper, easily, or at all. Dealers check the prices of the cars for sale around them, it’s how they competitively price.

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R - Boost Blue; 2024 Civic Touring - SGP
Country flag
MSRP isn't an interesting price point for me.
When I bought my CTR in April 2021, all I cared about was the dollar difference between my trade (2017 WRX) and the OTD price of the CTR. I didn't care how the dealer wrote up the sales sheet or what they called the items on it, just the size of the check I needed to write. That check was helped by the fact that my state has no sales tax.
I went to the dealership with a figure in mind for the difference I was willing to accept. After about 1/2 hour of low-key haggling we were only $400 apart, so I took the deal.
I don't know what the situation will be when the 2022/2023 CTRs are available, but I wouldn't get hung up on 'MSRP'. The net of the whole transaction is more important.

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU, 981S, F430
Country flag
Found one local to me which said they would but also said they would charge for accessories that were installed. They told me they don’t order the the cars Honda just sends them already specked. Doesn’t seem right to me but never dealt with ordering from Honda. Also wouldn’t take a deposit

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
When I bought my CTR in April 2021, all I cared about was the dollar difference between my trade (2017 WRX) and the OTD price of the CTR. I didn't care how the dealer wrote up the sales sheet or what they called the items on it, just the size of the check I needed to write. That check was helped by the fact that my state has no sales tax.
I went to the dealership with a figure in mind for the difference I was willing to accept. After about 1/2 hour of low-key haggling we were only $400 apart, so I took the deal.
I don't know what the situation will be when the 2022/2023 CTRs are available, but I wouldn't get hung up on 'MSRP'. The net of the whole transaction is more important.

When people say MSRP (without all the other bullshit markups) and doesn't include tax + reg. Otherwise each location will have completely different price points.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Found one local to me which said they would but also said they would charge for accessories that were installed. They told me they don’t order the the cars Honda just sends them already specked. Doesn’t seem right to me but never dealt with ordering from Honda. Also wouldn’t take a deposit
That's horseshit - Type R's only come with one configuration - any other bits they add for $$$ is at the dealership level. That's where they sell you made up shit too like Nitrogen floor mats or special microbonding paint film for another 2grand. Anything other than the car is them making a profit, which is fine if you find some value in their additions - however a dealership will charge 600 for a tint job that cost them 100.

SGP_TypeR

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
Exactly my sentiment as well. If I go to trade in my CTR on the new one (highly likely), if I get a fair deal all around, I’ll be happy. I can’t expect a dealership to give me an astronomically high trade value but charge msrp and vice versa. Say the new 2023 was available now and it was a few K difference, I’d do the deal without question.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think there is going to be a lot of disappointment when the new CTR finally is revealed, like it already happened with the SI, integra and TLX type s.
Integra looks massive for what it's supposed to be a successor to. Looks about honda accord sized?
Sponsored