Kaizer343

First Name
Savaze
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r 2021
Country flag
Calling all Honda mechanics or technicians!! I just have to address the type r 2021 model infotainment sucks soo much ass and dick, that I just need to know, does the 2022 civic 12 speaker infotainment system work with the 2021 civic premium speaker version.
Sponsored

dem2757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
I am not a Honda tech or Honda mechanic but no - it is completely different. You’re only solution is doing aftermarket LOC on the stock system and just going that route at an audio shop.

spdmn75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
Just go aftermarket. Are you looking for better sound or the AV interface?

OP
OP
Kaizer343

Kaizer343

First Name
Savaze
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r 2021
Country flag
Just go aftermarket. Are you looking for better sound or the AV interface?
I want to make sure I still have the same functions on the type r, like lane keep assist, acc, tpms, and same audio. But yes I do want a different interface. The amount of times it crashed on me and I’m stuck without any music or listening to people on the phone speaker is annoying. Especially when I got people in my car lol. I just read up on some forum saying I might lose functionality in the civic stuff and maybe audio. And I thought the new 2022 civic has a premium speaker system with all the same functionality that it might be a good idea to swap them and see if it works.

spdmn75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
Im going to add a Pioneer floating deck with the Metra kit. This will also add wireless apple car play. My 2020 unit has probably crashed about 30 times in the last 18 months

kostas

First Name
Kostas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch 1.5 Sport Plus
Country flag
Calling all Honda mechanics or technicians!! I just have to address the type r 2021 model infotainment sucks soo much ass and dick, that I just need to know, does the 2022 civic 12 speaker infotainment system work with the 2021 civic premium speaker version.
I had the same though :cool:
One problem for sure is that the climate controls and temperature are not in the HU. So even if it was possible, you wouldn't have temperature display in the HU....
Sponsored