2022 CIVC live debut

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha, you guys are idiots. The 11th gen looks way better. 10th gen with its fake vents and over designed by a 10 year old lines. I imagine the si and R will look much better as well, i would feel like an idiot had I just bought a new R
Not sure why you came off so strong, seems like the fake vents really hit close to home for you eh

Looks are subjective but I respect your opinion, people either love or hate the styling, at least it makes the car unique and stand out. 11gen looks like literally every other car on the road and will get drowned out easily imo
Sponsored

wewong

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
I don't dislike the new design. It's definitely a more grown up design to appeal to the general public. At the end of the day, Honda will need to have sufficient sales on the mass-market cars in order to continue to offer models like the Type R and Si with a manual gearbox. As much as I like the design of my current CTR (and the upcoming CTR LE), I think the current gen will eventually look dated, much like any other car brands on the road these days.

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
^ @wewong If the 10th gen didn't have the reviews and recognition that it has I could see this, but it does so I disagree. It came out aggressive in both design and styling. Now it looks like an apology to those who don't like to stand out amongst the crowd.

BostonCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R 2013 Toyota Corolla
Country flag
11th gen looks good to me, I think a lot of the people that are saying they are glad they bought a 10th gen R may reconsider once the next gen Type R hatchback is revealed. We should get improved interior and infotainment, possible bump in power with a much more aggressive look over the civic sedan that was unveiled. I look forward to seeing the next gen R.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I’m thinking the next Type R should have another 50 HP give or take?

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
I think it's a really cool entry level model for the Type-R to build off of. Time will tell

blackhawk867

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21436
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
RIP to the best cupholder setup in any car ever. 10th gen civic really nailed that and it's sad to see them get rid of it

golfer883

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Country flag
^ @wewong If the 10th gen didn't have the reviews and recognition that it has I could see this, but it does so I disagree. It came out aggressive in both design and styling. Now it looks like an apology to those who don't like to stand out amongst the crowd.
lol, the reviews pretty much all knocked the crazy design, however, they all praised the drivability.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
RIP to the best cupholder setup in any car ever. 10th gen civic really nailed that and it's sad to see them get rid of it
Yeah, the 10th gen did have a really good cup holder design. I'm curious how the cup holders on the right hand side will fare with a MT car. Technically I wouldn't elbow bump any cups if there were two large cups in the front with the new setup :p

alvav

First Name
Leonidas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Acura NSX
I heard a while back the Type R was coming Hybrid dont be scare the NSX it has gas and electric.
yes, bit the ICE in the NSX is a nice, robust V6, whereas (if we are to believe the rumors), the Type R hybrid drivetrain will use the 1.5L engine as the ICE.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Will need to see the Type R edition to judge really hard to say tbh. It's a nice safe design and looks fine - it's perfect for a Civic. I do like how aggressive the current Type R is though, so happy in that regard that I have one as that over the top aesthetic appeals to me.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
yes, bit the ICE in the NSX is a nice, robust V6, whereas (if we are to believe the rumors), the Type R hybrid drivetrain will use the 1.5L engine as the ICE.
Where you get this from? I don't see Honda ditching the 2.0T from the Type R if they were to go hybrid. Just add 50, 75, maybe 100 HP motors to the rear. If they go 1.5T, which currently outputs 210 to the wheels, they'd need to strap at least 100 HP motors to the rear just to match the power of the Type R. It wouldn't be enough to offset the added weight too. They probably could push the 1.5T to like 225 or 250, but I really don't see them ditching the 2.0T.
Sponsored