First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't trust most shipping these days. Fedex keeps having delays. They caught that Fedex driver throwing all those packages off that bridge a couple months ago. Luckily it seems USPS and UPS are still reliable for the most part. Hopefully your packages start moving, otherwise I'd call customer service about it.
usps reliable? thats the first time ive heard that they always loose my shit...
Sponsored

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
jesus yeah I can't believe I haven't that's actually nuts

imagine a brand new exhaust though just floating down a river..

or a set of TE37's floating down LMAO :cry:
i mean they wont be floating lmao

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have to ask, why buy 2 cars that are basically identical?
Yeah like rhino said there's a some differences in suspension which makes the 86 more tail happy as opposed to the brz. im sure its a very subtle difference but it's notable if you drive it back to back.

exterior styling differences between the both and also brand name + different experiences when dealing with the two dealers can sway people too

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
usps reliable? thats the first time ive heard that they always loose my shit...
yeah my local usps guy is super chill, honestly i can't remember the last time they messed up one of my deliveries. whenever i deal with DHL or Fedex its always a nightmare though ive come to just accept it lol

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah my local usps guy is super chill, honestly i can't remember the last time they messed up one of my deliveries. whenever i deal with DHL or Fedex its always a nightmare though ive come to just accept it lol
ive never had anything go good with shipping company's(missing bumpers, suspension, body panels, and even small thigs) but usps has always been the worst and they aggravate me big time

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah like rhino said there's a some differences in suspension which makes the 86 more tail happy as opposed to the brz. im sure its a very subtle difference but it's notable if you drive it back to back.

exterior styling differences between the both and also brand name + different experiences when dealing with the two dealers can sway people too
woot! if only people listened to me most of the time they think im crazy!

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I have to ask, why buy 2 cars that are basically identical?
few subtle differences on the body of the vehicle and interior some will prefer the 86 and some will prefer the brz and it also most likely has to deal with the fact of who gets what first
Can't decide which one I want ?. I get my $500 back in both so I guess I'm crazy

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
this is not a bad option right now
Yeah i was surprised to get pretty much all positive words when I told people I was switching over lol, the negative comments were mostly people that thought the new gen brz has the same exact motor and was "slow"

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can't decide which one I want ?. I get my $500 back in both so I guess I'm crazy
If I had a choice right now with equal time frames, I would pick BRZ. If both options were available back then that I would've gotten the 86.

The more research I've done into the twins really convinced me that I made the right choice.

Also my exhaust just came in!!!!!

Going to the shop right after work because it's too damn cold for me to even consider doing it outside... gonna post some exhaust clips tonight

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
If I had a choice right now with equal time frames, I would pick BRZ. If both options were available back then that I would've gotten the 86.

The more research I've done into the twins really convinced me that I made the right choice.

Also my exhaust just came in!!!!!

Going to the shop right after work because it's too damn cold for me to even consider doing it outside... gonna post some exhaust clips tonight
I'm stuck between the two. What research have you done that made you happier with the BRZ?

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Got the exhaust installed! Here's some revs, will get some better footage once it's not freezing outside and also give the car a wash lolol

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm stuck between the two. What research have you done that made you happier with the BRZ?
So here's what my thoughts were that made me sway to getting a brz over an 86
1.) Heard toyota dealers are a nightmare to deal with, I figured it'd be harder to get MSRP
2.) Toyota does not build to spec, so you will just have to hit the lottery and hope you get the color/spec you want at your local dealers (higher trim manuals are insanely hard to get right now so I was right, most manuals being allocated are base models and most automatics being allocated are the higher trim)
3.) Wait time was too long for me, needed to get rid of my old Si asap while the market was hot
4.) I have more comfort servicing the car at a Subaru dealer over toyota
5.) Subie wave
6.) subie rumble, although they are the same cars I'd rather have that rumble on a subie logo
7.) Wanted to try a new color, figured WRB was perfect for me. The neptune blue is nice on the 86 but way too loud
8.) Subaru dealers were a breeze to work with, I've called all the ones in my area and they were all knowledgeable about the car and were happy to give me info on it, all the toyota dealers either lied to me about markup or had no idea what I was talking about. Also got 1k off msrp, many people are having an easy time getting MSRP or lower with the BRZ compared to the 86.
9.) I don't like how the highest trim 86 is forced to come with the duckbill spoiler. Although I initially liked it, I rather have a blank slate to work with.
10.) I liked the interior of brz better (red stitching, 86 interior looks too plain)
11.) Historically, resale value is better with the BRZ
12.) BRZ was said to be much more stable and have precise handling compared to the 86 which is more tail happy, however I doubt anyone would really notice the difference unless you drove it back to back but for the ones that did they said it was definitely noticable

Although I initially liked the 86 looks more, I'm glad I went with BRZ. Front bumper styling has grown on me a lot and it looks a lot more sleek/mature compared to the 86. Both are fabulous cars and basically the same, can't go wrong with either it just comes to personal preference

lynx124

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
So here's what my thoughts were that made me sway to getting a brz over an 86
1.) Heard toyota dealers are a nightmare to deal with, I figured it'd be harder to get MSRP
2.) Toyota does not build to spec, so you will just have to hit the lottery and hope you get the color/spec you want at your local dealers (higher trim manuals are insanely hard to get right now so I was right, most manuals being allocated are base models and most automatics being allocated are the higher trim)
3.) Wait time was too long for me, needed to get rid of my old Si asap while the market was hot
4.) I have more comfort servicing the car at a Subaru dealer over toyota
5.) Subie wave
6.) subie rumble, although they are the same cars I'd rather have that rumble on a subie logo
7.) Wanted to try a new color, figured WRB was perfect for me. The neptune blue is nice on the 86 but way too loud
8.) Subaru dealers were a breeze to work with, I've called all the ones in my area and they were all knowledgeable about the car and were happy to give me info on it, all the toyota dealers either lied to me about markup or had no idea what I was talking about. Also got 1k off msrp, many people are having an easy time getting MSRP or lower with the BRZ compared to the 86.
9.) I don't like how the highest trim 86 is forced to come with the duckbill spoiler. Although I initially liked it, I rather have a blank slate to work with.
10.) I liked the interior of brz better (red stitching, 86 interior looks too plain)
11.) Historically, resale value is better with the BRZ
12.) BRZ was said to be much more stable and have precise handling compared to the 86 which is more tail happy, however I doubt anyone would really notice the difference unless you drove it back to back but for the ones that did they said it was definitely noticable

Although I initially liked the 86 looks more, I'm glad I went with BRZ. Front bumper styling has grown on me a lot and it looks a lot more sleek/mature compared to the 86. Both are fabulous cars and basically the same, can't go wrong with either it just comes to personal preference

Hey congrats on the car! You 100% made the right move.
Sponsored