Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think the supercharger kit currently being developed will be priced at 4k and should give an additional 90-100hp
I guess the clutch isn’t the weak point on those cars, yeah?
Sponsored

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Already decided on grams 57dr in white
Gonna go 18x9.5 +38, might rock it with the oem tires for a little but that’s a lot of stretch. it’ll clear without fender shaving w oem tires but I plan to eventually shave/roll slightly so I can fit 245/255

but thanks man I’m so excited for this platform. Also I forgot to add in the previous list but one lil thing I like so much about the car is that the fans heat up really quick. I get cold p easy and w the civic it always felt like centuries to warm up, w the brz after 10-15 seconds the cabin already Heats up which is a blessing during winter
Are you gonna run coils first? I've seen some people having problems rubbing/ ruining their bag. I'm thinking I will go 8.5 on the width and +40 offset, but not sure.

Also that's great news on warming up. The Civic took forever to warm up, but thats a Honda thing ?. Living in Wi, I def need that heat and excited for the quick warm up. But I won't need it till next winter... Since June is my delivery date

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess the clutch isn’t the weak point on those cars, yeah?
don't think so, I'm pretty sure many gen 1 owners ran mods fine on stock clutch. Maybe when going turbo/sc would def need to consider it. 10th gens just had so much torque

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you gonna run coils first? I've seen some people having problems rubbing/ ruining their bag. I'm thinking I will go 8.5 on the width and +40 offset, but not sure.

Also that's great news on warming up. The Civic took forever to warm up, but thats a Honda thing ?. Living in Wi, I def need that heat and excited for the quick warm up. But I won't need it till next winter... Since June is my delivery date
Yes! Coils were built to order, coming in on Saturday. Exhaust is coming in on friday along with my side markers, might just throw them all on this weekend if I have the time. Gotta throw on my winter steelie set too lol, might as well make it look good and lower it

Ugh I thought about the same but I just don't want to run 8.5 wide lol, love the looks of 9.5.

Gonna see how I feel as time goes on but I'm pretty set on the specs I mentioned before with some 245 tires

also what issues were there with rubbing/ruining bags?

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Yes! Coils were built to order, coming in on Saturday. Exhaust is coming in on friday along with my side markers, might just throw them all on this weekend if I have the time. Gotta throw on my winter steelie set too lol, might as well make it look good and lower it

Ugh I thought about the same but I just don't want to run 8.5 wide lol, love the looks of 9.5.

Gonna see how I feel as time goes on but I'm pretty set on the specs I mentioned before with some 245 tires

also what issues were there with rubbing/ruining bags?
Sorry my bad it was stock wheels with bags rub. You should be fine! I've been looking on Facebook marketplace for some steelies/ winter tires combo. For my winter tires I would love to get some sparco terras. Love the look of the white ones.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry my bad it was stock wheels with bags rub. You should be fine! I've been looking on Facebook marketplace for some steelies/ winter tires combo. For my winter tires I would love to get some sparco terras. Love the look of the white ones.
Ahhh okay i gotcha I had no idea, when I met the guy who (i think) had the first bagged 22' brz he said he didn't run into any issues but maybe he just didn't know yet

those sparco terras look killer.. seen pics of a few people that actually got those as a winter set in the brz groups and it looks great especially the white ones on a WRB

but yeah I've seen people max out their neomax/bc coils and they can turn full lock without rubbing which is great, I might just max it out or maybe drop about 2.5 inches. This thing looks soooo good when lowered

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah partly the reason I went BRZ. I do like the GR86 front bumper more and the black side mirrors but I don't think they'll be available for some time.. also toyota dealers are much harder to bargain for MSRP so i expect a markup which I will not pay.

Planning on painting the lower black trim of the BRZ front bumper to color match my World Rally Blue which I think will make it look much better/more aggressive
So just want to add to this in case anyone is debating between the twins

From everything I've seen in groups, Toyota dealers are an absolute nightmare right now to try and pre order. Many screenshots of Toyota dealers not even knowing what the GR86 is or confusing it with the Supra, majority of Toyota allocations are indeed in automatic (since majority of sales for gen 1 86 was auto) and you can't custom pre order, you can basically just have "wants" and they will try to find something in allocations to accommodate that.

As of now, apparently Subaru/Toyota are not accepting any more pre orders right now I believe because that's all they wanted to allocate for now. I believe this was as of 1-2 weeks ago, people have posted confirmations that they are unable to order one now.

Some of the first GR86 have landed in the US this past week, some were auto and I think I only saw 2 manuals. If you want a manual GR86 it will definitely be a big headache trying to land. Seems like Toyota dealers are also less willing to do MSRP even though some are, I think a good amount had dealer add-ons or a few thousand markup.

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
So just want to add to this in case anyone is debating between the twins

From everything I've seen in groups, Toyota dealers are an absolute nightmare right now to try and pre order. Many screenshots of Toyota dealers not even knowing what the GR86 is or confusing it with the Supra, majority of Toyota allocations are indeed in automatic (since majority of sales for gen 1 86 was auto) and you can't custom pre order, you can basically just have "wants" and they will try to find something in allocations to accommodate that.

As of now, apparently Subaru/Toyota are not accepting any more pre orders right now I believe because that's all they wanted to allocate for now. I believe this was as of 1-2 weeks ago, people have posted confirmations that they are unable to order one now.

Some of the first GR86 have landed in the US this past week, some were auto and I think I only saw 2 manuals. If you want a manual GR86 it will definitely be a big headache trying to land. Seems like Toyota dealers are also less willing to do MSRP even though some are, I think a good amount had dealer add-ons or a few thousand markup.
I was quoted 10-12 weeks for a 86 (April) and June for my allocated BRZ. Both are gonna be MSPR.
-Wisconsin

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was quoted 10-12 weeks for a 86 (April) and June for my allocated BRZ. Both are gonna be MSPR.
-Wisconsin
Awesome that you got msrp for both! I think it's definitely area dependent too, seems like lots of people in cali are struggling for msrp

ugh also my exhaust/japan side markers might be lost which kind of sucks.. Was supposed to get them in on the 7th but they have been stuck in North Carolina without any tracking updates.. trying to be hopeful but at the same time losing hope lmao, don't know how you lose a huge ass exhaust :spaz:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't trust most shipping these days. Fedex keeps having delays. They caught that Fedex driver throwing all those packages off that bridge a couple months ago. Luckily it seems USPS and UPS are still reliable for the most part. Hopefully your packages start moving, otherwise I'd call customer service about it.

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Awesome that you got msrp for both! I think it's definitely area dependent too, seems like lots of people in cali are struggling for msrp

ugh also my exhaust/japan side markers might be lost which kind of sucks.. Was supposed to get them in on the 7th but they have been stuck in North Carolina without any tracking updates.. trying to be hopeful but at the same time losing hope lmao, don't know how you lose a huge ass exhaust :spaz:
Yeah I think that the big cities like NY, Cali, Chi, Texas are getting scammed right now. Feels bad.
Yeah idk how you lose an exhaust and side markers. I know I order sunglasses for my fiance they got lost then randomly showed up. So let's hope the best for you ?.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't trust most shipping these days. Fedex keeps having delays. They caught that Fedex driver throwing all those packages off that bridge a couple months ago. Luckily it seems USPS and UPS are still reliable for the most part. Hopefully your packages start moving, otherwise I'd call customer service about it.
Threw packages..... off a bridge????? WHOS MANS??????

that's actually so crazy lmao, yeah I always trust stuff from USPS they have been 100% with me, it's always the damn fedex <_>

Yeah I think that the big cities like NY, Cali, Chi, Texas are getting scammed right now. Feels bad.
Yeah idk how you lose an exhaust and side markers. I know I order sunglasses for my fiance they got lost then randomly showed up. So let's hope the best for you ?.
yeah it definitely seems like it. Ordered a widescreen 34 inch monitor for my dad for christmas 2 weeks ago and it made it all the way to my local carrier facility then was out for transit, then mysteriously "got lost" and never made it. We did also get hit with a decent amount of snow recently so I'm thinking maybe east coast has some delays, but few days without tracking doesn't seem good to me. They emailed me saying that if it's 1+ week then I can look into filing a claim. Pain.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
-Wisconsin
I have to ask, why buy 2 cars that are basically identical?

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have to ask, why buy 2 cars that are basically identical?
few subtle differences on the body of the vehicle and interior some will prefer the 86 and some will prefer the brz and it also most likely has to deal with the fact of who gets what first
Sponsored