• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Silverx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
That looks quite good, can't wait!

With this teaser they also added an image of the original 86 Integra RS so they're definitely going for nostalgia here

86-integra-rs.jpg

Integra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
While I'm liking what I'm seeing, I'd prefer a coupe. I know 4 doors sell better but I have no need for 2 extra doors and would prefer the sleeker styling.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
That looks quite good, can't wait!

With this teaser they also added an image of the original 86 Integra RS so they're definitely going for nostalgia here

86-integra-rs.jpg
Yeah agreed! Really like how they went back to their roots on this one. Lots of people have the concept of Integra=2 door. I’ve seen and had conversations with people that retcon the 4 doors and the first 2 gems and just focus on the 3rd Gen models. Sad that some don’t read up on the model.

KIKUTWO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Carless
Is this the reason there will be no hatchback Si in the US?

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Is this the reason there will be no hatchback Si in the US?
That’s what we suspect. This will fill the void between Si and Type R especially the Type S model.

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Car(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
I'll never understand the hate for 4 (or 5 for that matter with hatchbacks) door vehicles, people hated it with the Jeep Gladiator, Ford Raptor, etc, now this. Personally I would never buy any of those if they were just a 2 or 3 door. I mean I'm all for options so why a 2 and 4 door isn't an option on most vehicles when it should be is obviously for production cost reasons but otherwise not sure. If the Civic Type-R was a 2 door I would never buy it, everyone is different but that is just my opinion

Integra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
I'll never understand the hate for 4 (or 5 for that matter with hatchbacks) door vehicles, people hated it with the Jeep Gladiator, Ford Raptor, etc, now this. Personally I would never buy any of those if they were just a 2 or 3 door. I mean I'm all for options so why a 2 and 4 door isn't an option on most vehicles when it should be is obviously for production cost reasons but otherwise not sure. If the Civic Type-R was a 2 door I would never buy it, everyone is different but that is just my opinion
I personally feel 2 door designs usually look better. I still feel that way with the Si. I've never seen a production 4 door(non-hatch) Si that I like. They always change something on it for seemingly no reason vs the coupe that makes it look dumb or clunky to me.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Car
I personally feel 2 door designs usually look better. I still feel that way with the Si. I've never seen a production 4 door(non-hatch) Si that I like. They always change something on it for seemingly no reason vs the coupe that makes it look dumb or clunky to me.
I have an Si coupe and I would heavily consider the Integra to replace it, if it was available in a coupe (and pending actual details on design/materials/specification).

As it stands, I won't get rid of this for anything except another coupe. Or maybe a motorcycle. But I won't be buying anything with more than 2 (or 3, I guess for liftbacks) doors as my personal primary car.

Coupes are sexy, streamlined, and fun.

PN_man

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Si (Lunar Silver)
I had an early 90s Integra sedan, and a first year (2002?, 2003? - I'm getting old) RSX-S. Now I have a Civic Si sedan, but I really wanted a hatchback. This looks perfect for me. Even my Subaru driving wife likes the idea of this.

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Car(s)
Exactly my point, everyone is different, so instead of hating on the clearly more practical option which is a 4 door, why not hate the fact that there isn't 2 options. Every car should have a 2 and 4 door option imo, gives not only everyone what they want, but also more variety on the cars you see on the road, but let's be real here, if for some reason they could only make ONE (which is not the case, they just do it for some other reason) it makes the most sense to make a 4 door, I might like the 4 door better, but being non-biased, a 4 door is just more practical for the average person. Again not saying they shouldn't have a 2 door, just in that very specific scenario, fact is a 4 door is more practical, so I guess what I am saying is, even though I like the 4 door better, It makes more sense to just offer a 4 door, than just offering a 2 door. However, as I've repeated probably 4 times now, BOTH SHOULD BE AN OPTION!!!

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Car(s)
I have an Si coupe and I would heavily consider the Integra to replace it, if it was available in a coupe (and pending actual details on design/materials/specification).

As it stands, I won't get rid of this for anything except another coupe. Or maybe a motorcycle. But I won't be buying anything with more than 2 (or 3, I guess for liftbacks) doors as my personal primary car.

Coupes are sexy, streamlined, and fun.
Just more reason proving my point, people are different, and there SHOULD be 2 options for every car, 2 door, and 4 door.