Yomny

First Name
Yomny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
Surprised there’s still no general discussion, track/racing or any other R specific subforum.

Is the new ctr performing any better under track conditions or is heat still an issue? Supposedly some of the new changes helped alleviate the temps under the hood.
Sponsored

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
I've only had my 2020 on track once, and it was on a cold day. Can't really draw any conclusions from that, but there was no overheating. I'm going to road atlanta at the end of June. That will be a true test.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Surprised there’s still no general discussion, track/racing or any other R specific subforum.

Is the new ctr performing any better under track conditions or is heat still an issue? Supposedly some of the new changes helped alleviate the temps under the hood.
There have a been some threads and discussion on this. If memory serves, the short answer is yes, the heat issues still exist. The upgraded radiator helps, but isn't a perfect solution; the new grill likely doesn't help much.

OP
OP
Yomny

Yomny

First Name
Yomny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
Hmm, figured the small change to the grill wasn’t going to be great help but certainly didn’t know about the new radiator. Let us know how it goes for you all on these events.

Typer27

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
i dont have any first hand experience with 2020+ cars but it mainly depends on ambient temps. plenty of 2020 owners has heating issues here in cali and nothing was changed for 2021 so i assume it will still have issues if the ambient temps are high.

it also depends on how fast you are and the power you are pushing too.
Sponsored