2021 Wake the Dragon?

SichuanHot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Howdy CivicX community. With the new year upon us and things still in a weird state of limbo for many people, I am curious to know whether there will be a 2021 Wake the Dragon event? From what I gather the 2020 event was quite bungled as I was unable to attend. Hopefully this event can continue!
Sponsored

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I predict even darker spring after this so very dark winter. :drool: :drool::drool: Covid-19 was a child's play compared to the covid-20 mutant that has been already released. :eek: No chance for such nonessential superspreader events in the coming years. :doh:

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
LMAO, superspreading from within your car to other cars.

You are correct, it will be dark and that is why more light needs to be shed. There should be more driving events worldwide, not less.

I am running a few events myself this year because the time is finally ripe for the car enthusiasts to take the world for a ride!

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
I'm hoping for it and saving vacation days for it. Count me in since I have family close.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
LMAO, superspreading from within your car to other cars.

You are correct, it will be dark and that is why more light needs to be shed. There should be more driving events worldwide, not less.

I am running a few events myself this year because the time is finally ripe for the car enthusiasts to take the world for a ride!
Agree with you, but I predict the covid terror :crazy:will continue or even intensify. I don't make any plans.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agree with you, but I predict the covid terror :crazy:will continue or even intensify. I don't make any plans.
As much as I'm a pessimist and realist...We do have vaccines now and people are taking them so I think things will start to lighten up in the spring/summer. Could be way wrong though!!!

I really would love to take the trek from upstate NY to experience some TRUE driving roads so I'm also being optimistic here ?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No dates have been set yet. We do intend to continue the event but we would love to bring it back the way we were able to run the event in 2018 and 2019 as it was much better overall in comparison to the 2020 event where we had so many limitations.

Scrapdog

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R , 11 Civic Si , 01 S2000 , 99 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I cant wait for this! I hope we get dates soon enough to plan ahead. The few things we DO know? Fontana is open? We technically can have a "banquet" elsewhere state approving , etc.. Outside dining /social distancing could work in the baseball field if done correctly. .Group drives can be limited , and Saturday roll out we are all in our cars not really together anyway . Just some thoughts

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I cant wait for this! I hope we get dates soon enough to plan ahead. The few things we DO know? Fontana is open? We technically can have a "banquet" elsewhere state approving , etc.. Outside dining /social distancing could work in the baseball field if done correctly. .Group drives can be limited , and Saturday roll out we are all in our cars not really together anyway . Just some thoughts
Fontana Village is back open and that is a big help for us. Though, I believe they are still operating under their temporary agreement so I'm not sure how long things will stay the way they are. Much better situation than last year though.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Meanwhile, The Dragon is wistfully longing for the civicx meeting....

Honda Civic 10th gen 2021 Wake the Dragon? cv-5755

Honda Civic 10th gen 2021 Wake the Dragon? cv-5760

Honda Civic 10th gen 2021 Wake the Dragon? cv-5905

Honda Civic 10th gen 2021 Wake the Dragon? shoppin

OP
OP
SichuanHot

SichuanHot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
No dates have been set yet. We do intend to continue the event but we would love to bring it back the way we were able to run the event in 2018 and 2019 as it was much better overall in comparison to the 2020 event where we had so many limitations.
This is all great news! I'm looking forwards to a hopefully more featured event like it was back in 2018 and 2019.

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
cant wait! did this years ago with the fg2 crew in my si and it was a blast. even better (easier than from NY) now having moved to charlotte :drive:

Neo3151

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's hoping. Imma try and get the time off again this year if something does happen. With a lot going on this year plus just getting done relocating and now having to find a place to live more permanantly I'm definitely down to do it since last year didn't work out sadly if my job will allow me the time off.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, since my Fontana deposit was going to expire, I’m going to head down for a few days at the end of March and just tickle the dragon a bit. Planning on being there 3/29/-4/1 if anyone is going to be there at the same time.

2NDW1FE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2008 S2000 CR
Country flag
^ditto...I'll be in Fontana 4/5-4/10 if anyone's around and interested in cruising. Had to scratch that itch! LOL.
Sponsored