2021 Wake the Dragon Newbie Drive and the Fridays are for Franklin Drive. August 27th, 2021

Bama Dave

First Name
David H.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #5484 PMM, 2008 S2K NFR
Country flag
This will begin at Fontana Village in front of the Wildwood Grille around 8:00am. I will following the S2000 newbie group down NC 28 to the dragon and the end at the large paved parking lot (called the gravel lot) on the other side of the dragon. Please post up your first name and a picture of the car you will be interested in going. I have a tail gunner to keep the group together. Please drive at your own pace or comfort level (NOT A RACE COURSE) Afterwards I will head back to Fontana Village and lead a drive that we have been doing with the S2000 group for years starting at the Wildwood Grille around 11:45am with a 12:00 noon departure. The restaurant is Cafe Rel' in Franklin, NC which only takes cash or checks. So please remember that. Cafe Rel' is located in the Hot Spot gas station on NC 28 in Franklin, NC. Please top of your tanks before you park behind the gas station. After lunch we will hit another fine mountain road heading back to Fontana. You are more that welcome to join either drive. I would like to keep this down to around 8 to 10 cars. Logistics reasons. Again post up your first name and pic so that I have an idea of whos in the group drive. I also have a post on the FB page. First come first serve. Two way radio channel 4. Cell Phone service is very limited in the mountains. Please have a full tank of gas before this group drive. A good rule of thumb is to always full up the night before. I have a PMM CTR. Later BD.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SouthSideBeef

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR86
Country flag
Not sure if I'm gonna join you on the newbie drive, but I'll definitely join the drive to Franklin. I'll post up a full pic of my car when I get a chance.

OP
OP

Bama Dave

First Name
David H.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not sure if I'm gonna join you on the newbie drive, but I'll definitely join the drive to Franklin. I'll post up a full pic of my car when I get a chance.
You are good man, Steven correct with an Rally Red Civic. I'll look for you back at Fontana around 10:45am on friday morning. Thanks

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
the gravel lot that overlooks the dam?? i have pics on my old myspace of the dragon, i cant log into it but i can view them www.myspace.com/tylerisyourgod (middleschool shit)

OP
OP

Bama Dave

First Name
David H.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
the gravel lot that overlooks the dam?? i have pics on my old myspace of the dragon, i cant log into it but i can view them www.myspace.com/tylerisyourgod (middleschool shit)
The large parking lot on US 129 on the TN side before you go on the dragon towards the TN/NC state line. Hope this clears things up .

OP
OP

Bama Dave

First Name
David H.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have revised the departure time for heading to Franklin. Should have time to stop and check Deals Gap or Kilboys Place after the newbie dragon run. Time to get to Fontana from Deals Gap roughly 20 minutes.

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Tyler kitting
Honda Civic 10th gen 2021 Wake the Dragon Newbie Drive and the Fridays are for Franklin Drive. August 27th, 2021 20210817_152823
Sponsored