2021 Type R?

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
It’s unfortunate to see so much disparity in inventory between the U.S. and Canada. Here in the U.S., the Type R is still arriving at dealerships with Boost Blue as the most available color I’ve seen so far.
Sponsored

slow_delsol

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I saw a 2020 black CTR for sale on Kijiji on the east coast. It had around 30k on it and the dealer was asking pretty much MSRP of a new one.

slow_delsol

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have an update for those of you waiting for a 2021 CTRin Canda. Spoke with my dealership today for an update on my build. Apparently dealers received a bulletin from Honda recently . Due to extreme weather condition in various parts of the world that Swindon receives parts from there will be a one month delay to production. I was originally quoted a March build date with a April-May delivery date. That has been changed to a May-June delivery date. Something to do with the supply chain of chips for the cars.

OP
OP

NFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I have an update for those of you waiting for a 2021 CTRin Canda. Spoke with my dealership today for an update on my build. Apparently dealers received a bulletin from Honda recently . Due to extreme weather condition in various parts of the world that Swindon receives parts from there will be a one month delay to production. I was originally quoted a March build date with a April-May delivery date. That has been changed to a May-June delivery date. Something to do with the supply chain of chips for the cars.
Great, another month of wait...

Simplex123

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 SGP FK8
Country flag
I've emailed a few local dealerships in BC already, but do you guys know if the 2021 is still available to be ordered in Canada? I also see the 2020 on the official Honda website for some reason as well.

I'm actually looking for a later date in the summer like July/Aug as that's when my current lease ends. But if this is the last chance I may have to look at other options. If I trade in my current lease it's gonna carry over negative equity.

Quip

First Name
Paper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rallye Red
Country flag
Down here in California there’s a plethora of over MSRP 2021’s for your choosing. Lol

slow_delsol

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I've emailed a few local dealerships in BC already, but do you guys know if the 2021 is still available to be ordered in Canada? I also see the 2020 on the official Honda website for some reason as well.

I'm actually looking for a later date in the summer like July/Aug as that's when my current lease ends. But if this is the last chance I may have to look at other options. If I trade in my current lease it's gonna carry over negative equity.
Honda sent a bulletin to dealers back in October to stop taking back orders on 2021 type R’s. The plant is done producing them as of May. The plant permanently closes in July. Unless you find someone that changed their mind and gave up their deposit, no dealer is going to be able to order one from the factory this late.

slow_delsol

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Honda.ca recently updated their website. It now lists the 2021 Type R as “Sold out.” Probably should of listed it months ago but interesting none the less.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2021 Type R? D764BD13-8920-4683-91AA-BC00B1DC8062

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Glad I was able to get mine before they are all gone. Anyone who is on the fence with buying a brand new one, this is your last chance!

slow_delsol

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I personally know of only 2 people in all of Canada(both Ontario) that have received a 2021 Type R(non LE) from their local dealership. March and April are the last two months the UK Swindon plant was producing Type R's. My sources informed me less than 100 were being sent across Canada to dealers. They had an ETA for either May or June. I have no doubt Canada is going to receive a wave of them at the start of summer but they are all pre-sold units that had deposits on them a long time ago. The Honda Canada inventory system won't like show any right now because they likely still in the production process or haven't left the UK yet. I have received a couple recent emails from dealers in Alberta that confirmed they were receiving an allotment and had someone backout of their deposit because the wait was just too long. They had the same ETA of May-June which seems to be a consistent answer from all dealers I've spoken to.

There was another production delay due to a shortage in chips again last month. I really hope that doesn't equate to fewer Type R's being produced before the plant closes. It's frustrating to see the USA getting a constant flow of new units but Canada is getting nothing. I was willing to buy out of province and have it shipped but they're none to be had country wide. I have been watching auto trader and Kijiji almost daily since January.

slow_delsol

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
https://paultan.org/2021/04/08/fk8-civic-type-r-production-to-come-to-an-end-in-july/

“The company added that customers that managed to place their orders previously will receive their cars over the next few months, with final shipments expected to arrive in stages from May to November, from the Honda UK Manufacturing plant in Swindon.”

The article is referring to the Australia market. It is perhaps some hope for us Canadian that have orders placed and are still waiting.

FK8YYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Patiently awaiting for my 2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
For all of you wondering.

Honda Canada took pre-orders up until Nov 2020.
All those pre-orders were confirmed in Feb 2021, in case someone changed his mind. As Honda Canada had to confirm with Swidon the actual order number, color, etc.

All confirmed orders in Feb 2021 will be fulfilled. Delivery will start from May - July.

Dealers should be receiving some in May. Mine is arriving in Mid/Late May. And I got a VIN too.

Anyone who did not pre-order and wants one. Good luck.

Tabaresu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PMM Civic Type R
Country flag
I should call for my VIN, mine was confirmed. I figured it would be May or so almost there......

FK8YYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Patiently awaiting for my 2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I should call for my VIN, mine was confirmed. I figured it would be May or so almost there......
If you confirmed, your dealer should at least have a build number or reference number by now.
If they can provide you a VIN it means that your FK8 has been built and there should be an ETA.
Sponsored