2021 Type R?

E_Honda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Should all allotted CTRs in Canada have a VIN by now? I put a deposit in September and reached out to the sales rep few days ago but he said he had no info. He did confirm that I had an allotted unit but not sure when it's coming.
Sponsored

Presentpeak14

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Hi, if it can reassure anyone, i preordered my CTR 2021 back in september and i'm going to pick it up today. (QC)

slow_delsol

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I get better information when I speak with the sales manager than my actual sales rep. I assume the manager has direct access to whatever Honda database they use for ordering cars. The sales rep focuses their time and energy on making new deals. They could car less after the sales agreement is signed. I usually call once a month for updates. I’m going to call May 1 and see what kind of news they have. I did notice a dealer in Manitoba has one 2021 advertised for sale that is set to arrive in two weeks.

FK8YYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Patiently awaiting for my 2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I get better information when I speak with the sales manager than my actual sales rep. I assume the manager has direct access to whatever Honda database they use for ordering cars. The sales rep focuses their time and energy on making new deals. They could car less after the sales agreement is signed. I usually call once a month for updates. I’m going to call May 1 and see what kind of news they have. I did notice a dealer in Manitoba has one 2021 advertised for sale that is set to arrive in two weeks.
Sales reps does not have access to the Honda database. Typically a manager can access that information.
I cant speak about your rep, but if the manager does not provide them update, they are as clueless as you are. Some reps gets update from the manager to keep the customer posted.

FK8YYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Should all allotted CTRs in Canada have a VIN by now? I put a deposit in September and reached out to the sales rep few days ago but he said he had no info. He did confirm that I had an allotted unit but not sure when it's coming.
Not all unit for Canada has been made as the timeframe for delivery is May-July.
Some vehicles with May/June ETA are not even made yet (no VIN)

Tabaresu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PMM Civic Type R
Country flag
If you confirmed, your dealer should at least have a build number or reference number by now.
If they can provide you a VIN it means that your FK8 has been built and there should be an ETA.
Yeah just been so busy keep forgetting to call, plus I injured my foot so I haven’t even been able to drive for 2 weeks.

OP
OP

NFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Got a called from my salesperson just now for the first time ever. He said Honda Canada has allocated few Rs (that were originally for showing) available for dealerships but wants a premium over msrp. Basically if I don't want to wait then I could pay few grands. If not, mine won't arrive until end of year or this time next year. Sounds sketchy enough to me that they just want to put a markup on it.

slow_delsol

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Sketchy indeed. Swindon closes down in July. It shouldn’t take more then a month or two for them to arrive at the dealer after they’re built. Swindon isnt going to close down in July and have built cars sit in an empty plant in the UK only to start shipping them out in the fall to Canada. I would seriously question your dealers source for information.

As far as paying a premium, I’m paying one for mine. It was one of the only dealers that could actually guarantee me allotment of a 2021. I’m okay with it given the ridiculous jump in prices of used ones in Canada right now. I’m willing to pay that premium for a guaranteed unit at this point. I’m not putting a deposit for a back order unit at MSRP that might never happen only to be stuck buying a used one for the same price.

FK8YYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Got a called from my salesperson just now for the first time ever. He said Honda Canada has allocated few Rs (that were originally for showing) available for dealerships but wants a premium over msrp. Basically if I don't want to wait then I could pay few grands. If not, mine won't arrive until end of year or this time next year. Sounds sketchy enough to me that they just want to put a markup on it.
This doesn't sound right. I am not sure if Honda Canada still needs a FK8 for showing... Even if they want to show, it won't be the regular FK8 but the LE instead?
I am sure they are more focusing on the 11th gen Civic now.
Sounds to me like your dealer wants you to back out of the deal so they can sell it to someone else at a higher price?
Yes, it usually takes 1-2 month for shipping after production. Swindon is closing after July. I don't think there is going to be any 2021 model year arriving at the end of the year or in 2022?

E_Honda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey Guys!

I got a call from my dealer saying that my 2021 CTR PMM has arrived and I can pick it up in a few days. Hopefully this means all you guys can get yours soon as well. I put a deposit in early September btw.

Another interesting thing I saw today. This is a trailer carrying two white CTR (those two are in the front) and a Sonic Grey which is weird because that color was not offered in Canada for the 2021 model.

I'm located in Toronto

Good luck to all of you!

Honda Civic 10th gen 2021 Type R? 2021-04-27 19_51_36-2021_0427_131122_116.MP4 - VLC media player

slow_delsol

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I spoke with my dealership today. They confirmed my Type R is built and it sounds like it’s on its way. They are going to call me in a few days to give me a better idea when it will arrive.

Tabaresu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PMM Civic Type R
Country flag
My PMM came in on Tuesday, I’m off to pick it up tomorrow morning. Turns out there was also a freakin LE on the same truck going to the same dealer. It is spoken for but sitting in their show room, not gonna lie low key hoping the buyer backs out lol and I can do some negotiating. That yellow is dope but for real congrats to who ever the new owner is if your on here message me we will have to meet up with our R’s!

FK8YYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My PMM came in on Tuesday, I’m off to pick it up tomorrow morning. Turns out there was also a freakin LE on the same truck going to the same dealer. It is spoken for but sitting in their show room, not gonna lie low key hoping the buyer backs out lol and I can do some negotiating. That yellow is dope but for real congrats to who ever the new owner is if your on here message me we will have to meet up with our R’s!
Good luck with negotiation.. Your dealer will laugh at you, especially for a car that sold out on 4 min, all 100 units. Supply and demand. I am sure prices will go up and not down. There are many people who are willing to pay more.

By the way, have you seen on AutoTrader how much current LE owner wants for them? Last time I saw two ads north of $80,000+

Tabaresu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PMM Civic Type R
Country flag
Good luck with negotiation.. Your dealer will laugh at you, especially for a car that sold out on 4 min, all 100 units. Supply and demand. I am sure prices will go up and not down. There are many people who are willing to pay more.

By the way, have you seen on AutoTrader how much current LE owner wants for them? Last time I saw two ads north of $80,000+
Well nobody laughed lol. Turns out it was the GM’s car he had gone onto the personal site and managed to be one of the lucky few (at least so he says) we had a great time chatting about the cars and looking over the LE. I have a good relationship with these guys, he plans to keep it at least for now. I agree prices for the FK8 will continue to go up especially if the 11th gen is as bland as the new civic sedan is. Even Honda staff don’t think it will be as special.

slow_delsol

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
My car arrived. I pick it up on Monday
Sponsored