2021 Type R?

NFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Just wondering if anyone here has recently picked up a 2021 Type R and when did you order? I keep seeing folks from the other side of the border taking delivery. I still haven't received a VIN# from my salesperson so wanna make sure I'm not waiting for nothing.
Sponsored

slow_delsol

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
When did you place you order?

I put a deposit on one at a local dealer in January. They informed me this week that Iā€™m still on the back order list. The last Honda rep I spoke with informed me that March and April will be the last two months the type r will be in production before the Swindon plant closes down. The number of type Rā€™s coming to Canada are less than 100(LE model not included). If you donā€™t have a vin by the end of April itā€™s a safe bet you probably arenā€™t getting one.

The dealers that are getting them places their orders before fall when Honda sent out a bulletin to stop talking back orders. Some dealers will still take your deposit money and string you along.

OP
OP

NFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
When did you place you order?

I put a deposit on one at a local dealer in January. They informed me this week that Iā€™m still on the back order list. The last Honda rep I spoke with informed me that March and April will be the last two months the type r will be in production before the Swindon plant closes down. The number of type Rā€™s coming to Canada are less than 100(LE model not included). If you donā€™t have a vin by the end of April itā€™s a safe bet you probably arenā€™t getting one.

The dealers that are getting them places their orders before fall when Honda sent out a bulletin to stop talking back orders. Some dealers will still take your deposit money and string you along.
I placed my order in early Oct. The ETA went from 'as soon as Dec' to Feb to 'when it gets warmer'. The salesperson is actually a friend's friend though so I'm hoping mine just happens to be one of the very last few ones.

slow_delsol

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Iā€™ve only heard of one non-LE 2021 CTR making it to Ontario back in October. I havenā€™t seen any other dealers get their 2021ā€™s yet. I usually monitor quite a few different sales websites daily and seen a single one listed yet.

tobi_zero

First Name
tobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic
Country flag
Same here. i placed my order last Nov and until now there's no VIN and update when will my Type R will arrive. I'm losing hope now. How come theres so many Type R coming in the US than here in canada? It's already unfair we only get to choose black and white for 2021 while US gets all the color still..

tobi_zero

First Name
tobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic
Country flag
Same here. i placed my order last Nov and until now there's no VIN and update when will my Type R will arrive. I'm losing hope now. How come theres so many Type R coming in the US than here in canada? It's already unfair we only get to choose black and white for 2021 while US gets all the color still..
correction CW and PMM are the only colors for 2021 in canada..

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
If you donā€™t have a vin by the end of April itā€™s a safe bet you probably arenā€™t getting one.
CW and PMM are the only colors for 2021 in canada..
Correct.

Your best bet is to import from the US, find a babied pre own, or have better luck rolling into a 11th gen R

slow_delsol

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
At the beginning of January 2021, When I first started looking for one I sent emails out to every dealer in my province. No dealers had any in stock. There was only 2 dealerships that were 100% honest and told me Swindon was closing and there was no likelihood of a back order being filled this late in the year. A few I spoke with had placed orders in early summer and had allotments confirmed by Honda. Most of the dealers with confirmed allotments already had deposits on them or were sold.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
PMM and CW are still available with very limited stock. Put a deposit now and you'll see one in 2 months hopefully.

I've just seen a few orders submitted within the past week

slow_delsol

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
My local dealerships ears must of been burning after I made my post this morning. I received a call today from their GM offering to give back my deposit in full. They admit defeat. They told me they would not be able to get one.

Thankfully I had another pot on the stove with another non-local high volume dealer. They had placed an order for multiple 21 CTR's back in June of 2020. Honda Canada had guaranteed them allotment with a build date of March 2021 with an ETA of April-May. I put a deposit on one right away :) Glad I did because all of them are now sold before they have been built. At least now I have some certainty on whether its happening or not.

OP
OP

NFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
My local dealerships ears must of been burning after I made my post this morning. I received a call today from their GM offering to give back my deposit in full. They admit defeat. They told me they would not be able to get one.

Thankfully I had another pot on the stove with another non-local high volume dealer. They had placed an order for multiple 21 CTR's back in June of 2020. Honda Canada had guaranteed them allotment with a build date of March 2021 with an ETA of April-May. I put a deposit on one right away :) Glad I did because all of them are now sold before they have been built. At least now I have some certainty on whether its happening or not.
That's great news, congrats! Looks like we're having similar ETAs. Keep me posted when you receive the VIN#!

tobi_zero

First Name
tobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic
Country flag
i guess i'll prepare myself to look for a decent and well owned 2020 Type R or get the new 2022 Type R..

Tabaresu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PMM Civic Type R
Country flag
I been keeping tabs with my local Honda, and have been talking to them seriously since Oct. Somehow scored perfect timing on an incoming PMM (which is the colour I wanted) and should be here in a month or two. Thereā€™s a lot of muscle cars and trucks where I live so there wasnā€™t a large clamouring of people to get the CTR. I think they have only had 4 or 5 since the FK8 launched and almost all where sold to somewhere else in the province.

Denuel

First Name
Denuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
Just wondering if anyone here has recently picked up a 2021 Type R and when did you order? I keep seeing folks from the other side of the border taking delivery. I still haven't received a VIN# from my salesperson so wanna make sure I'm not waiting for nothing.
Not recent but I picked up my 2021 PMM on October 2020. If you ordered just recently after 2021, thereā€™s like almost no chance of what Iā€™ve heard but if you ordered around the middle of 2020 you have a great chance. But if you ordered around there, the car shouldā€™ve arrived already

Honda Civic 10th gen 2021 Type R? C3AF49AF-70E9-4877-9DDE-82C5269D920F

Honda Civic 10th gen 2021 Type R? 2307DB5E-DED5-43A6-8D31-BC1074D93D87

j_limitz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R - Championship White
Country flag
i guess i'll prepare myself to look for a decent and well owned 2020 Type R or get the new 2022 Type R..
The only CTRs available pre-owned that I have seen are 17-18's, and the odd 19. I have yet to see a pre-owned 2020 other than 2 lease transfers.
Sponsored