Warcrab

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Soul EV, 2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Wow! My 2019 number is 35160. Manufactured in December 2019. That suggests a small number of 2020's were produced.
My 2020 is #36145 , Feb production
Sponsored

Masmackles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Wow! My 2019 number is 35160. Manufactured in December 2019. That suggests a small number of 2020's were produced.
My 2020 is 36150 made is Feb. That would mean less than 5k 2020s were made.

ians

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8, 2004 TSX, 2011 A4 Avant, 2013 S5, 2019 718 GTS
Country flag
Congrats! my buddies also order a 2020 CW on July but no more 2020 available so have to wait for 2021 now. And I am lucky I place my BB right after Honda Canada announce it that BB is available so I can have my 2020 in my garage now. My plate # is 366XX but how can I find out what is the production date?
found out mine is feb 20 production

R4T3DCTR

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
The numbers are for all FK8s, basically starting in 2017.

Maybe, I've read elsewhere that the numbers (after 100) are not applied sequentially. Instead they are ordered in lots of 4k or so and dropped in a bucket at Swindon and randomly pulled. Then when the bucket gets low they order another lot of badges. So a 2020 could have a number lower than a 2018, but very unlikely.

I've never looked, but you should have a plate on your engine or door jamb with the production info. Can someone verify?
I can confirm this. Worked for Honda and have family that has worked at Honda mfg. for years. The type r production number plates are assigned at random when coming down the assembly line, no sequential, but more based on what ever the line worker decides to grab, simply put just like they are picking a screw out of a bucket to install or fasten on the car. Not sequential in any way, however the number plates do indicate a vague form of production numbers since there wouldn’t be an duplicate numbers. Hope this helps!

GreyTypeR

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PMM Type R
Country flag
I have sto n sho removable license plate bracket, I told the dealer not to drill the bumper
I have sto n sho removable license plate bracket, I told the dealer not to drill the bumper
Car looks sick man! congratulations!! Pre ordered a 2021 type r about 1 1/2 months ago. Did you fill out a full bill of sale before you got your 2021 or did you have to wait until they had your VIN number for your 2021 before you had a official bill of sale.
Placed my order for a 2020 BB but never got allocated since March, switched my order to 2021 instead around beginning of September
First congratulations! .... Question for you did you just give a deposit and got a temporary bill of sale from your Honda dealership until they got some from Honda? That’s what I have done cause the dealership said they cant do a final bill of sale until they get a VIN number for a R. Just curious if this was the same for you ?
Cheers!
Also grey looks sweet ! That’s what my dealership placed for my order to Honda !

OP
OP
Denuel

Denuel

First Name
Denuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
Car looks sick man! congratulations!! Pre ordered a 2021 type r about 1 1/2 months ago. Did you fill out a full bill of sale before you got your 2021 or did you have to wait until they had your VIN number for your 2021 before you had a official bill of sale.

First congratulations! .... Question for you did you just give a deposit and got a temporary bill of sale from your Honda dealership until they got some from Honda? That’s what I have done cause the dealership said they cant do a final bill of sale until they get a VIN number for a R. Just curious if this was the same for you ?
Cheers!
Also grey looks sweet ! That’s what my dealership placed for my order to Honda !
Thanks man, I put a deposit for the order then they talk about the deal, you only fill out the final bill of sale not sign it, when the car arrives that’s when you sign the final bill of sale, basically can’t sign anything without or off of the car.
Sponsored