Kevindust

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport Upgrade manual, 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Well, Honda released 2021 Canadian pricing today and it's a huge F.U to all of Canada. For the second model year in a row, the MSRP has gone up significantly.
2021 $48,001
2020 $45,491
2019 $43,490
2018 $42,890

I'm not even talking about the 2021 CTR LE, which is $56,400. CAD.

Honda Canada has also released the CTR colour options for 2021: CW or PMM. That's it, the two worst colours.

My Tacoma is paid off in January and my mortgage will be renewed in the Spring. After years of research, I was all set to buy a brand new CTR after that. Now that plan is gone, unless I can find a leftover 2020 next year. I'm sure that won't happen, 2020s in my colour preference are currently available for $44K and I'm sure they'll be gone soon.

My personal opinions on colour aside, how do other Canadians feel about the $5000 price increase over the past two years?
Sponsored

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for this information. I have been waiting to find out. That’s too bad about the price increase. PMM is personally my favourite type R colour. We will see if it’s in my cards, likely not. I don’t think there are any 2020s left in MB except maybe one black one. Cheers.

OP
OP
Kevindust

Kevindust

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think the CTR looks amazing in black, either of the blue's and sonic grey pearl. I can maybe live with the Championship White. I think CW looks bad on the CTR but at least it has historical significance. I loved CW on the Integra Type R, I test drove an ITR in 1997 and came close to pulling the trigger back then. PMM just reminds me of Ford's Sterling Grey Metallic or Magnetic Grey which I see on every fifth F150, Edge, Focus and Fiesta, not to mention every elderly person in a base Civic, CRV or HRV - approximately 500 times per day.

rwht

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8 (Incoming)
Country flag
With very minimal changes to the 2021, the 2020's seem like a steal at this point if one can be found. The 2021 price increase stings a bit given it's significantly more than an inflationary adjustment, but understandable given the logistical challenges and healthy demand.

EAClarke

First Name
Clarke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Crazy. I paid $41.1k for my 2018. I love the car but $48k, that’s luxury pricing for me, but I’m also cheap haha

abitolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 accord
Country flag
Really sad with corporate greed, our Canadian dollar is doing better and we get hit with super high prices, I guess that is the reward we get for supporting Honda with high Civic sales in Canada

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
Maybe they are trying to lay foundation to justify the pricing of the Acura Type R variant that is to be made

Just happy I bought used 4 months ago. 2018 @ $33k CAD

OP
OP
Kevindust

Kevindust

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Maybe they are trying to lay foundation to justify the pricing of the Acura Type R variant that is to be made

Just happy I bought used 4 months ago. 2018 @ $33k CAD
That was a good deal, the 2018s in my area are still asking $39.5K to $42K

jrho

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R LE (#30 CAD), 2004 S2000
Country flag
It's a shame with the price increase for the 2021. I was waiting for my CTR LE but had I known how much it would be I would have gone with a 2020. Earlier this year, I could have gotten a Boost Blue one for $46 out the door from the same dealer I have the LE allocated to

Blood_TypeR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R SGP
Country flag
I was reading something in another thread about an Canadian type r owner saying something about how dealers cannot charge adm and it’s against the law.. I can’t wait to see the excuse and crazy reasons for why Dealers in USA 21 type r has over 10k markup and stated from the previous geeks above me it’s the same exact car from 2020 damn add a body cosmetic or something.. or fix the water leaking from the hood scoop vent

j_limitz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R - Championship White
Country flag
I was reading something in another thread about an Canadian type r owner saying something about how dealers cannot charge adm and it’s against the law.. I can’t wait to see the excuse and crazy reasons for why Dealers in USA 21 type r has over 10k markup and stated from the previous geeks above me it’s the same exact car from 2020 damn add a body cosmetic or something.. or fix the water leaking from the hood scoop vent
Yes that's correct, they cannot sell for more than MSRP as it is against the law, however some dealers with other cars do it (i.e. Ford GT500). How dealers get around that sometimes is adding a bunch of accessories and make you purchase the car with all the add-ons, which I am sure happens a lot in the US on top of ADM.

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
That was a good deal, the 2018s in my area are still asking $39.5K to $42K
Ya im in Montreal and when I was cross shopping with ontario I noticed our prices were significantly lower. There were serveral in the 33-35k range. Lately though ive noticed an increase
Sponsored