Kaizer343

First Name
Savaze
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r 2021
Country flag
Hey guys, I recently leased out a BBP type r in November and im leasing it for 299.99 a month with taxes and fees and some down for about 5k and I do want to finance it after or buy it out, depends on how I feel at the end. I just wanna know if I got ripped off or that's a good price. And residual on the contract is 28k. this is my first time leasing and getting a car, please be brutally honest. gotta learn.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Same.....suprised they leased it. I've never leased a car but it already sounds like you overpaid a bit.

So, in terms of money down the drain, $5K + $300/month for 3 years? Then you would have to pay $28K on top of it to buy it out at the end?

If so......ya, they took you for a few thousand more, but not a complete fleece like they get most people. Especially if you can invest that $28K now and know how to make it grow for 3 years.

Don't know how taxes work on leases though.

OP
OP
Kaizer343

Kaizer343

First Name
Savaze
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r 2021
Country flag
I'm surprised they leased a Type R at all
idk I just walked in and the place was dead and asked for a accord and he mentioned type r then.

OP
OP
Kaizer343

Kaizer343

First Name
Savaze
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r 2021
Country flag
Same.....suprised they leased it. I've never leased a car but it already sounds like you overpaid a bit.

So, in terms of money down the drain, $5K + $300/month for 3 years? Then you would have to pay $28K on top of it to buy it out at the end?

If so......ya, they took you for a few thousand more, but not a complete fleece like they get most people. Especially if you can invest that $28K now and know how to make it grow for 3 years.

Don't know how taxes work on leases though.
Thanks man, Im 22 and its my first time buying or leasing a car. Also first time driving manual.
I walked into several other places and the cars they offered me like a Camry for 260 for 5k down and wrangler for 350 with 5k down made me think the offer I got was good. But the type r bbp, Im in love with it. but thanks for responding, I finally know I got overcharged, was suspecting I was lol

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Thanks man, Im 22 and its my first time buying or leasing a car. Also first time driving manual.
I walked into several other places and the cars they offered me like a Camry for 260 for 5k down and wrangler for 350 with 5k down made me think the offer I got was good. But the type r bbp, Im in love with it. but thanks for responding, I finally know I got overcharged, was suspecting I was lol
Don't beat yourself up over it, at least you bought a car that will only slowly depreciate! Just learn to ignore any monthly payment horseshit these salesmen throw at you. Only thing that matters is at the end of this, when I own it, how much did I pay total......if THAT's a number you like, go for it.

I generally would leave leasing to something you want to just try out in the short term but know you want nothing to do with in like 5 years (aka unrealiable shit like alfas and land rovers). If you are ok with keeping your cars a while and buy something relatively reliable, I wouldn't even consider a lease.

Congrats man, enjoy it. I love my BB as well!

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
ah you live in NY but in CA don't think they lease out Type R lol. They want that mark-up big time .
Sponsored