2021 Elantra N Comparison

ShadowFiend

SanaBanana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Anyone here watched a couple vids of the new 2021 Elantra N and thinking of trying one out when it is released?
It seriously looks like a great car...I might trade in my 19 si in a couple of years, if the Elantra will have great feedback.
Sponsored

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone here watched a couple vids of the new 2021 Elantra N and thinking of trying one out when it is released?
It seriously looks like a great car...I might trade in my 19 si in a couple of years, if the Elantra will have great feedback.
Ya it sounds REALLY good from the factory! Honda has some competition now. We'll see what that 11th gen looks like tomorrow!

KingOfBrussels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si sedan
Country flag
I test drove a Veloster N before I bought my Si. The N is quicker but overall I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the Si. I really wanted to like the Veloster N but came away very disappointed after trying it. Some of my issues were specific to the Veloster body shape while others were down to driving feel and lack of equipment.

The Veloster body shape just doesn't do it for me. It's claustrophobic feeling inside with no sunroof, black headliner and tiny back windows. It also has no heated seats or active cruise. The 2021 added active safety nannies but not active cruise, and new, better looking seats that still aren't heated (at least not in the USA).

Performance-wise, the shifter is clunky and not very good, there's not much in the way of steering feel, and the ride even on the softest suspension setting is too stiff.

The Elantra N will fix my issues with the Veloster shape by being a regular sedan instead. It will offer a sunroof, but only on the DCT. No word on things like active cruise or if the softest suspension setting will be less bumpy than on the Veloster N.
Sponsored