First Name
auglm1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Hi guys,

Newbie here.with a 2021 ctr incoming soon. Gonna have 18x9.5+45 ,with 265/35/18 which i read as a common setup here. But i have an issue. Plan on getting a front camber plate and rear camber arms. But well, using stock springs and dampers. Am i looking for trouble i mean chances of rubbing anything on the inside ? Camber around 2 to 3 degrees for track work. If probably it rubs the oem springs , which aftermarket springs doesn't lower the car that much ? Thanks guys.
Sponsored

cfl001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
congrats on the purchase! If you're just enjoying the car on the street, I'd agree w/others and keep the suspension stock and see how it feels. If you're going to the track......camber plates won't work on stock springs due to spring diameter and conflicts. So, if you want extra camber, get the lower ball joint kit from hardrace (or others) around $200. Additionally, you can pull the guide pins. In total, that'll get you around 3 degrees of negative camber. Additionally, perhaps a stiffer rear sway bar to get the car to rotate better (rv6 makes a nice one). 18's + camber + sway will be fun on the track!! enjoy!!

OP
OP

auglm1

First Name
auglm1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Spring diameter and conflict ? Can you elaborate more because i am planning on a camber plate on stock spring and dampers for a good start to try out the ctr

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 CW
Country flag
As others have mentioned stay on stock suspension and just pull the guide pins for the front. You arenā€™t running an aggressive offset anyway with +45 to warrant worrying about camber for the time being. Seriously try the car in stock form first before you mess with the suspension you may be surprised at the results. My only suggestion would be not to be cheap when it comes to your parts, but to each his own for budget purposesā€¦

OP
OP

auglm1

First Name
auglm1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Thanks for all your comments. Guess will do a hardrace lower ball joint camber for a start. Then full coilover some months later. Seems fortune auto gets the best thumbs up.
Sponsored