EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
JL sub came from my previous s2000 and yes I got it to work lol, the box spec was made from JL website oem size and size was not to bad for the CTR so I went with it.
Well it looks great. Maybe some L-clips somehow screwed to the sides and the floor may give u space on the side to put groceries...hmm then again not sure if u wanna drill hole through floor. Im assuming its custom wood floor/ rack.
Sponsored

IdNoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8
Country flag
Well it looks great. Maybe some L-clips somehow screwed to the sides and the floor may give u space on the side to put groceries...hmm then again not sure if u wanna drill hole through floor. Im assuming its custom wood floor/ rack.
Thanks for the feedback and yes custom rack.
I use adjustable bungee cord & weathertech cargotech grippy holder. Zero problem with sliding and can drive as fast as you want & turn as fast as you want. No problem putting in groceries and all other stuff even my road ?‍♂.

JohnnyOHonda

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R
Country flag
Here's something you might try that worked for me that was previously successful others on Facebook.

1) Audio Control LC2i from the back doors speakers (full range). I didn't use the subwoofer output..can't remember why (but I had a reason).
2) 500 watt x 1 Rockford Fosgate - put this and the LC2i in the "trunk" well below the carpet
3) Replace Honda sub with Alpine Type-R 8" subwoofer. 1" wood spacer to give room for the depth of the driver. Buy the grille to cover. Internal space is perfect for a sealed enclosure at around 0.30 cubic foot.
4) Bass control for the Rockford just to the left of the steering wheel next to the other controls.
Very nice deep bass and customizable to your taste.
5) I used JL Audio C2 components for the front speakers. 3/4" tweeter fits perfect and I used the crossover. I tried without the crossover and decided to go with it to protect it. Used the middle setting (standard).
6) Used Install Bay Baffle Kit 6.5" to protect the speaker and also to separate the backwave. Also dynamatted the door with Noico 80mm to further dampen and separate the back wave.....-> this really helped the bass from the JL 6.5" and quieted the car. No crossover for the 6.5. The Civic already has a crossover for the 6.5 and tweeter but I used the component crossover only for the tweeter.
7) Some modest equalization in spotify to reduce the 1 to 2.5khz area.

Last edited:

alvav

First Name
Leonidas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Acura NSX
The stock audio system isn't terrible, but it isn't great and I do like my tunes. Motown, Stax and classic reggae are my go-tos, with some rock as well. I'm trying to decide on the best bang-for-the-buck upgrades, and I'm leaning towards:

Metra DSP - Recommended by the audio install shop for the CTR, but I've seen some concerns about echo when using a cell phone for calls.

Arc Audio X2 Series Amp - Have to decide on 4 channel vs.5 channel. I'm thinking that the 450.4 or 850.5 would be fine, but could consider the more powerful 600.4 or 1100.5.

Focal speakers - K2 may be more than I need, so I'm leaning towards the Flax Evo line. 2-way in the front doors & pillars & coaxial in the rear doors. Installer said that rear doors aren't even essential so money could be saved and/or diverted to more powerful amp or higher end front door speakers. Do 4 sets of door speakers create a better "all-around" sound? To be determined.

Center dash speaker? Keep it, upgrade or do without? Haven't decided.

Sub? I'm not into boomy bass, and going without would mean more money to spend on the amp or higher-end door speakers. Mistake? I don't think so, but I'd love to hear feedback from others.
Actually, the factory audio system really is crap...it really, really is. When you open up the doors and see the woofer, it actually looks like a Focal K2. Then, when you take it out and see that it's all plastic and weighs an ounce or two, you realize what you have. I upgraded the front and rear speakers to Focal K2's, used the factory sub enclosure (but lined the interior with sound deadening material) and installed a Morel Ultimo sub, an Audison DSP to regularize the signal and an Audison AV5.1k HD 5 channel amp. Sounds really good but I'm considering having a custom sub box built, but I want to retain the factory look and dimensions.

Venator

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
Awesome install, we’re you able to replace the rear pillar speakers? If so what size were they?

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's something you might try that worked for me that was previously successful others on Facebook.

1) Audio Control LC2i from the back doors speakers (full range). I didn't use the subwoofer output..can't remember why (but I had a reason).
2) 500 watt x 1 Rockford Fosgate - put this and the LC2i in the "trunk" well below the carpet
3) Replace Honda sub with Alpine Type-R 8" subwoofer. 1" wood spacer to give room for the depth of the driver. Buy the grille to cover. Internal space is perfect for a sealed enclosure at around 0.30 cubic foot.
4) Bass control for the Rockford just to the left of the steering wheel next to the other controls.
Very nice deep bass and customizable to your taste.
5) I used JL Audio C2 components for the front speakers. 3/4" tweeter fits perfect and I used the crossover. I tried without the crossover and decided to go with it to protect it. Used the middle setting (standard).
6) Used Install Bay Baffle Kit 6.5" to protect the speaker and also to separate the backwave. Also dynamatted the door with Noico 80mm to further dampen and separate the back wave.....-> this really helped the bass from the JL 6.5" and quieted the car. No crossover for the 6.5. The Civic already has a crossover for the 6.5 and tweeter but I used the component crossover only for the tweeter.
7) Some modest equalization in spotify to reduce the 1 to 2.5khz area.
Where did you mount for Crossover for your JL C2's ?

JohnnyOHonda

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R
Country flag
Awesome install, we’re you able to replace the rear pillar speakers? If so what size were they?
As I understand it, the rear pillars have a super small depth and there aren’t any good options unless you just want to a teeeter in there.