OP
OP

rwht

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8 (Incoming)
Country flag
What is up with that $500 increase...its the same as MY2020 roght?
It's fairly common in the industry, gets chalked up as inflation most of the time if there are minimal to no changes from the previous year.
Sponsored

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
They might not go into that granular detail until someone actually do an independent thorough inspection of the car. Meanwhile Savagegeese did look under a 2020 model. Perhaps some of the changes were already implemented starting from the 2020 model so no longer mentioned in the 2021 LE announcement.
Great video. Thanks for sharing.

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
True that I love it just crazy...also to add in the fact that There are very few 2020's out here. The resale will shoot up
I was thinking of selling mine and I now think I’ll let it sit in the garage, ready as backup for when my Stelvio QV goes belly up.... :oops:

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Glad to read that the revised power steering on the LE is just a EPS reflash. Theoretically, I should be able to get the dealer to do this for me pretty easily (the data port is accessible from under the car).

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Was hoping for more aggressive springs and dampers on the LE. It seems like the difference between the base and LE is even less than it is from the base S2000 to the CR model.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
True that I love it just crazy...also to add in the fact that There are very few 2020's out here. The resale will shoot up
That's pure speculation. 2020 has fewer made yes, but if 2021 has the same exact stuff plus some then they probably will be about the same value. And some people might prefer the 2017-19s. It's really up to the buyer and also how well taken care of or how low the miles are.
Another thing, seems first mades and last mades are the ones people really want.

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Integra Type R, 2000 Civic SiR 2012 civic 1966 Mustang
Country flag
no mention on colors for the standard type R models? i remember when the boost blue first came out they said it was going to be a 1 year color but never saw that mentioned again i would guess the popularity of the color will make them continuing to sell it in 2021 models

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
no mention on colors for the standard type R models? i remember when the boost blue first came out they said it was going to be a 1 year color but never saw that mentioned again i would guess the popularity of the color will make them continuing to sell it in 2021 models
If I had to guess, probably no change in color options since 2020 was a truncated production year.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And the LE will have $20K markups plastered on them probably cause we know how dealers are here.
That's actually quite "reasonable" considering only 600 for the US of A. I think we'll see 2X markup in some coastal area that shall remain nameless. Let's say 80k + mandatory accessories. And you know quite a few ballers will gladly hand over their pocket change for a Limited Edition Phoenix Yellow anything. Remember the 10k-15k markup when the 2017 CTR was first introduced? So times that by a factor of four, at least.

Last edited:

CWNole95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW FL5 #775, '23 SGP FL5 #10771, 2005 NFR S2K
Country flag
That's actually quite "reasonable" considering only 600 for the US of A. I think we'll see 2X markup in some coastal area that shall remain nameless. Let's say 80k + mandatory accessories. And you know quite a few ballers will gladly hand over their pocket change for a Limited Edition Phoenix Yellow anything. Remember the 10k-15k markup when the 2017 CTR was first introduced? So times that by a factor of four, at least.
The word reasonable is subjective. I don’t personally feel that a $20,000 markup is anywhere near the realm of reasonable. But then again, I’ve bought two CTRs and both were less than MSRP. I fully expect to pay sticker for the LE, but if a markup is demanded, then I’ll walk. Simple as that.

I love my current CW, and the thought of letting it go is bittersweet, but I would do so in order to own the LE. I would not, however, pay more than sticker for it. I think the premium over the standard CTR is plenty.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
My dealer emailed me this morning and said they would get back to me on reserving the LE CTR in the next week or so. I did mention that the transaction would include the trade on my 2019.

Doing some quick and dirty math, I'd likely have to come up with ~$10k in addition to my trade in to get the LE CTR.

I can make a case in how it is and is not worth it in my mind. At the same time, I doubt I can get a deal done as I am unwilling to pay mark up...even though my dealer didn't charge me markup on my 2019 CTR, hard to imagine them not charging mark up on the LE. We'll see what they say...

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
is it just me, I just wish Honda put a little more effort on the LE. Other than rims, tires, and paint, other upgrades seems taking stuff out of the car to save weight and just software change to the active dampers and electronic steering. I wish they made more of an effort in terms of actual different suspension components, spring rates etc.
Agreed 100% this is just a premium for some wheels and paint. Pretty lackluster.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
My dealer emailed me this morning and said they would get back to me on reserving the LE CTR in the next week or so. I did mention that the transaction would include the trade on my 2019.

Doing some quick and dirty math, I'd likely have to come up with ~$10k in addition to my trade in to get the LE CTR.

I can make a case in how it is and is not worth it in my mind. At the same time, I doubt I can get a deal done as I am unwilling to pay mark up...even though my dealer didn't charge me markup on my 2019 CTR, hard to imagine them not charging mark up on the LE. We'll see what they say...
A dealership not marking things up in Florida on a specialty vehicle?

My friend if you win that bet, please pick me up on the way to Vegas and I'm betting everything you do so I can go buy a McLaren in cash!

Update when you find out! lol!

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
2021 begins arriving at dealerships today? Good one Honda ?
Sponsored