2021 Civic Type R Limited Edition: Ultimate Track-Focused Type R Coming to America

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 1.5T 2018 Hatchback (European Spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
that is cheaper than I expected.
that is limited enough to raise in value very quickly.

I would be tempted,

I would want to put a stereo in it through...

(out of itnerest, why is Honda UK choosing you as 1 of the lucky 20? are you a long time honda purcahser?, or a youtuber?).
Just a loyal long standing customer. I have bought two new Civics in the past 18 months.

Stephen
Sponsored

m3cosmos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
Price is going to be ÂŁ39995.00 and Honda UK have offered me one of the 20 units if I am interested. Good investment potential?

Stephen
Thanks for the info. This means US pricing will be close to $47,000.00 if scales around the same but that is too high for this market I feel.

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the info. This means US pricing will be close to $47,000.00 if scales around the same but that is too high for this market I feel.
And that is without your dealer mark ups that your US dealer love to apply......

Stephen

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
when they offered you the allocation did they have an idea of when it would be available to you?
The production hasn't started yet and they are unsure when it will start due to the current global virus situation. If I get an update I'll let you know.

Stephen

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
Evo magazine over here reporting all 20 are accounted for deposit down

Weird Honda, you could have sold sh1t load more

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
The purpose of the car isn’t to turn a profit. It’s reason for existence is solely as a marketing tool.

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Evo magazine over here reporting all 20 are accounted for deposit down

Weird Honda, you could have sold sh1t load more
20 units isn't going to go far and seeing that these 20 are all RHD means much rarer than the 680 LHD variants that will be sold rest of world.

Stephen

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
The purpose of the car isn’t to turn a profit. It’s reason for existence is solely as a marketing tool.
Actually honda might have got it right. Renault can't sell the megane trophy r uk allocation, so best be sold out rather than negative press

Type aah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R FK8, RS Megane R26, 911 GT3 RS 4.0
Country flag
I have just had an interesting call from my dealer. Only 100 coming to Europe of only 20 will be RHD. Definitely no A/C or head unit in European models.

Price is going to be ÂŁ39995.00 and Honda UK have offered me one of the 20 units if I am interested. Good investment potential?

Stephen
It has high rarity factor but that's only significant if it's considered a genuine separate model. I don't think a 2kg saving per wheel, shedding another 13kg or maybe double that without aircon and media, subtly recalibrated dampers and steering and different paint colours quite qualify. The engine, flywheel, clutch, gearbox, diff, suspension components, brakes, body, aero and interior are all standard. You're basically getting a marginal weight saving in return for losing a few conveniences and paying 25% more for the privilege. It might be enough to just recapture the FWD 'Ring record (4 seconds in nearly 8 minutes) but will be difficult to detect on the road and easily matched by a few mods on track days. I can't see much potential for an investment return after paying a 25% premium but I don't know the Honda market so maybe all that rationale is irrelevant. Regardless, if you can afford it and you (understandably) get satisfaction out of knowing you have the best factory spec performance, why not?

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
I definitely see these skyrocketing in value after they discontinue production for the FK8 especially after seeing they're selling S2K CRs for 52k now

CTRHONDATA

Banned
Banned
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I have information saying that honda will not allow the car to be marked up by the dealer. If the dealer wants one and shows they can be allocated one in the system , then the customer will need to order it first. Its not going to be like the regular type r where they just arrive to the dealer and the dealer marks it up and has auctions or a bidding war.

I spoke with a GM who spoke to a national district manager who visited his dealership.

Bonesy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
It has high rarity factor but that's only significant if it's considered a genuine separate model. I don't think a 2kg saving per wheel, shedding another 13kg or maybe double that without aircon and media, subtly recalibrated dampers and steering and different paint colours quite qualify. The engine, flywheel, clutch, gearbox, diff, suspension components, brakes, body, aero and interior are all standard. You're basically getting a marginal weight saving in return for losing a few conveniences and paying 25% more for the privilege. It might be enough to just recapture the FWD 'Ring record (4 seconds in nearly 8 minutes) but will be difficult to detect on the road and easily matched by a few mods on track days. I can't see much potential for an investment return after paying a 25% premium but I don't know the Honda market so maybe all that rationale is irrelevant. Regardless, if you can afford it and you (understandably) get satisfaction out of knowing you have the best factory spec performance, why not?
It's a limited edition. Lots of car model limited editions command premiums in 2nd hand /used markets, they don't have to be "separate models".

The GT is ÂŁ34k, so this is way less than a 25% markup.

It's bright yellow, so should just about be detectable on the road.

I think ÂŁ6k premium for a special edition is good value, I think your aftermarket mods would cost that, if not more.

And aftermarket car mods never recoup their outlay when a car is resold, whereas factory fit do.

And all 20 have sold out already. My friend sat in one 2 weeks ago, and he wasn't aware honda were already taking orders.

Type aah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R FK8, RS Megane R26, 911 GT3 RS 4.0
Country flag
I definitely see these skyrocketing in value after they discontinue production for the FK8 especially after seeing they're selling S2K CRs for 52k now
But the successor to the FK8 will probably be quicker than the LE.
Sponsored