2021 Civic Type R Limited Edition: Ultimate Track-Focused Type R Coming to America

OLDRICR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Country flag
Bonesy
Thanks for the pictures. Both colors look really good in that lighting.
Has anyone heard any information on how Honda is deciding what dealerships will get the limited edition?
I have a deposit down at my dealership for an LE on the hopes that they get one.
Sponsored

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Dealerships that sell the largest volume get a shot at one. They will NOT sell for less than $8-$10K above MSRP. That is fact.
This is an ideal time for the dealer to make a tad extra. Hell, they will be lucky to get just one. And, the highest bidder wins.

OLDRICR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Country flag
I’m sure you are right that a lot of them will go for more than sticker.
I have a good relationship with my dealership and I’m pretty confident if they get one I’ll pay MSRP.
Unfortunately right now it’s a moot point as we don’t know if they will get one!

Last edited:

Bonesy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Bonesy
Thanks for the pictures. Both colors look really good in that lighting.
Has anyone heard any information on how Honda is deciding what dealerships will get the limited edition?
I have a deposit down at my dealership for an LE on the hopes that they get one.
Don't know I am afraid, my friends aren't on the honda UK/dealer sales side. But, I can do you more pics if it helps;)

Honda Civic 10th gen 2021 Civic Type R Limited Edition: Ultimate Track-Focused Type R Coming to America IMG-20200224-WA0002
Honda Civic 10th gen 2021 Civic Type R Limited Edition: Ultimate Track-Focused Type R Coming to America IMG-20200224-WA0001
Honda Civic 10th gen 2021 Civic Type R Limited Edition: Ultimate Track-Focused Type R Coming to America IMG-20200224-WA0000
Honda Civic 10th gen 2021 Civic Type R Limited Edition: Ultimate Track-Focused Type R Coming to America IMG-20200224-WA0007

Honda Civic 10th gen 2021 Civic Type R Limited Edition: Ultimate Track-Focused Type R Coming to America IMG-20200224-WA0017

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Weight reduction, track focused, and yet... it has Honda Sensing?

Wasn’t the standard type r track focused?

Marketing is beautiful.
Yes, the Honda Sensing on every US bound Honda is a marketing ploy. No takebacksies.

OLDRICR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Country flag
Pretty cool that Honda can build a car that will again hold track records at places like the NĂĽrburgring ring and offer safety items like Honda sensing at the same time.
Not bad marketing if you ask me.

Type aah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R FK8, RS Megane R26, 911 GT3 RS 4.0
Country flag
Pretty cool that Honda can build a car that will again hold track records at places like the NĂĽrburgring ring and offer safety items like Honda sensing at the same time.
Not bad marketing if you ask me.
Even more cool if it didn't have Honda Senseless.

Hajidub

Honda driver, vintage stereo enthusiast
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic YES
Country flag
100lbs difference for no A/C, no radio, no rear heater vents? How about deleting the rear seats?

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Any reason the new wheels wouldn't be a straight swap on existing Type Rs? I wonder if they will be more resistant to being bent.
Brakes will be essentially the same except for different pads/rotors. The new forged wheels will fit older models. They may be more resistant to bending due to being forged but the thin sidewall contributes to that problem more than the wheel itself