2021 Civic Type R Limited Edition: Ultimate Track-Focused Type R Coming to America

EAClarke

First Name
Clarke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Damn!!!! I wonder if the 600 to US means Canada gets shafted!

But US buyers are going to get sooo shafted by dealer mark ups for this haha. Good old US of A
Sponsored

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Wow! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wheels are still 20"? 18 lb total unsprung weight reduction = 4.5 lb per courner. 29 lb (old factory wheel) - 4.5 lb = 24.5 lb. (new forged wheel). There's plenty of room for improvement here.

Where to find one for MSRP is the only problem. So this is the $40k one.
Likely to be significantly north of $50k. Significantly.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pfft.......my wheels are still another 4.45 lbs lighter! Doesn't seem like much of an improvement.....though I guess mine aren't forged. :dunno:
You know, some of the 40,000 "regular" Type R owners would probably pay a hefty sum for these. Helps to offset the cost of a nice set lighter 18" wheels.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
While it’s cool they made a more hardcore version its kinda of much of nothing and I’d say worse than the s209. I don’t see anything worth the extra effort of trying to purchase or worth the additional cost.

Last edited:

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Lol Really...some of you with the cash you make can wrap your car yellow, buy all the upgrades from Honda and buy lighter wheels and be ok. Most people will just end up upgrading most of these parts anyways. It’s just another gimmick from Honda. Just start saving your money for the new new R in the next few years.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol Really...some of you with the cash you make can wrap your car yellow, buy all the upgrades from Honda and buy lighter wheels and be ok. Most people will just end up upgrading most of these parts anyways. It’s just another gimmick from Honda. Just start saving your money for the new new R in the next few years.
I'm keeping mine, mostly because this was already a partially bad financial decision and I don't feel like making another one.

All the features are nice but I'm still content with how the car drives as-is. I think the thing that would've sent me over the edge would've been heated seats though... I'm a sucker for those. Anyways, those who trade in will be happy, and I'm pretty sure those who won't/unable to will still be happy knowing how good this car is.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wtf is the point of the Sportline? I don't get it.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Only 1000 being made and only 600 coming to the US. Would be a amazing to have one, but I daily mine and hate to daily this one because it's so limited.
I know exactly how you feel, I'd be worried about driving this thing around since people here can't drive/park for shit. Not to mention I wouldn't even mod it due to its rarity...

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R; 03' Mitsubishi EVO; 2018 Polaris Slingshot SL-R
Country flag
This was always going to come around the corner and bite people in the ass. My 2019 is brand new with only 700 miles on it. I love everything about it. It doesn't have to be the most valuable TypeR out there. Every car has these kinds of limited editions. My EVO 8 is a plain jane classic car. But the EVO 9s that were the Special Edition version are worth way more but don't have any modifications worth noting. I'm not going to chase "classic" status when the best investment in a car is to not buy one and throw it into something that will gain in value way more than a car.

Remember, this is a TypeR Honda, not a Ferrari or Lambo.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wtf is the point of the Sportline? I don't get it.
For people who can't be arsed to be seen with the massive ass wing more or less.

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Lots of great features, a couple I'd like to possibly add to my FK8 in the future, the grill, possibly the radiator and just maybe the black Sportline seats if that comes to America. Great car for those that don't have a CTR currently or have to get the latest and greatest. Every new iteration of any car will have features and benefits over the previous year models. I myself am not going to fall down into the rabbit hole. I'm beyond happy with what I have now. To those who get into these enjoy what is sure to be a great ride!:thumbsup:
Sponsored