2021 Civic Type R Limited Edition: Ultimate Track-Focused Type R Coming to America

Deleted member 31314

Did they give you ballpark price? availability? mark up (though I hear that's illegal in canada)? anything to go by?
The link they sent me goes live on May 21st, so I will go through the motions and see what information I can extrapolate from that!
Sponsored

SuperGTSR

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, Civic
Country flag
Did they give you ballpark price? availability? mark up (though I hear that's illegal in canada)? anything to go by?
I went to my local Canadian dealership and showed interest back in early March just before the “lockdown”. Last week when dealerships were allowed to open again I got a call from my salesperson to go in person to discuss financing and apply for credit approval to save time later if I end up being one of the lucky ones. He mentions there is still no MSRP from head office yet but allocations so far are TWO for high volume sale dealerships.

SuperGTSR

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, Civic
Country flag
The link they sent me goes live on May 21st, so I will go through the motions and see what information I can extrapolate from that!
Pre-Order is now open on Honda Canada’s website but no price still. Just reserve by paying $1000 reservation fee and select your local dealership. ?

https://shop-auto.honda.ca/?mc=typer

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Pre-Order is now open on Honda Canada’s website but no price still. Just reserve by paying $1000 reservation fee and select your local dealership. ?

https://shop-auto.honda.ca/?mc=typer
I would expect it to be 5-10k more than the standard CTR, which isn't worth it IMO.

I really wish they had gone all in on the yellow theme like did on old special edition Rs (Yellow seats and yellow stitching replacing the red). Honestly I just think of McDonalds when I see the red with the yellow lol.

wewong

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
I imagine this means you're guaranteed a chance to buy, but not necessarily at MSRP.
It’s illegal to sell above MSRP in Canada. However when the car first came out in 2017, a lot of the dealers added dealer-installed options to the car and forced the buyer to pay for them. The dealership I got my car at did not do any of that, that’s why I’m bringing my business back to them this time around.

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
I'm sure someone has said it in these 15 pages, but the LE seems EXACTLY like the S2000 CR: no performance benefit, SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive, and ultimately a car you buy if you want to store it and look at, not drive.
Fairly similar in that the only performance basically comes from being slightly lighter and revised suspension. The CR at least had exclusive aero, a hard top and different interior to go along with it.

I think these special editions are usually cool, but are only worth it at all to purists who won't change anything anyways or collectors. If you change the wheels out then you probably should have just bought a regular CTR and had it resprayed.

OIK

First Name
Omair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3
Country flag
Excited about this!!! I hope I can get my hands on one!

gyrrl

First Name
squeak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Love the post but disagree with the rear wiper. I got rid of mine, I find them needless on a hatchback and on a racer.
Gorgeous color. But sort of an opportunity missed to truly make it track ready. How about delete the problematic Honda sensing suite, build in a roll cage and five point racing harness, include a custom sized matching helmet, and oh yeah, leave the rear wiper alone but throw in a few more hp, racing brakes, and delete the rear seats to save weight. Too much?

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R; 03' Mitsubishi EVO; 2018 Polaris Slingshot SL-R
Country flag
Good yellow. I like mine better.

Can't wait for all of the Type-Rs to be done production so we can have some classic cars in our garages.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Can't wait for those sweet, sweet Limited Edition parts to hit the catalogue so I can swap out my electric power steering motor, steering rack, and dampers.

Lyttle

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Love the post but disagree with the rear wiper. I got rid of mine, I find them needless on a hatchback and on a racer.
I agree with this, I just have a regular hatchback but the time I even find myself every turning it on is miniscule.
Sponsored