BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
It appears that the US may not get 600 examples as expected. We are started seeing examples in the 300 range come in, but the Swindon factory is expected to shutdown completely in early July. And maybe Type Rs will be built for the next 45 days.
Honda will build 600 - if they think they can sell them.
Sponsored

NewYorker88

First Name
York
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Macan S, 2011 335 iSCi, 2008 F430
Country flag
Hope it (flip) works out for you guys.

Best would be to drive and enjoy the car but each to their own.
Gotta agree with that....you’ll only regret it if you don’t drive it! The money is not yours until you spend it...?

BBQ

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000CR
Country flag

Two more for sale on eBay. One did not sell at $65k. The other one has not pass $55k yet

Honda Civic 10th gen 2021 Civic Type R LE Transit and Dealer spreadsheet A7EB4045-84BF-4D8E-83E9-3A3E1FCEF175
Honda Civic 10th gen 2021 Civic Type R LE Transit and Dealer spreadsheet 7930EF08-C685-445A-B471-B2AF17609D5A

CWNole95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW FL5 #775, '23 SGP FL5 #10771, 2005 NFR S2K
Country flag

Thanks. Already has worked out great and not intending to flip either.

Jinba-Ittai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Honda will build 600 - if they think they can sell them.
I am sure they would like to, but COVID may have put them behind target production numbers. We will all know for certain how many we end up getting by July.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks. Already has worked out great and not intending to flip either.
Flipping generally means buying with the intent of selling for a profit. IIRC you drove your first CTR <1k miles. Now you bought two LEs that you haven’t driven and with the intent of loosing money on them?

There are lots of ways to get value out of ownership (beyond the enjoyment of driving) but hard to follow your purchasing logic.

CWNole95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Flipping generally means buying with the intent of selling for a profit. IIRC you drove your first CTR <1k miles. Now you bought two LEs that you haven’t driven and with the intent of loosing money on them?

There are lots of ways to get value out of ownership (beyond the enjoyment of driving) but hard to follow your purchasing logic.
Did you mean losing money? Nope, never been close to losing money on any of my Type R cars (dating back to the several Integra I was fortunate to own in the early 2000s).

As foreign a concept as it may be to some, not everyone enjoys vehicle ownership solely for the drive. People have various motivations for owning anything, not just vehicles.

I road raced for several years at tracks up and down the east coast and in the midwest. The Type R bloodline has just always held a special place in my heart.

Last edited:

Scoobtothenoog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on my Type R
Country flag
I got mine at sticker (well $500 over, which was what I negotiated as a flat markup instead of the GPS they try to put in every car on the lot for $799, I didn't want to loose the car in an effort to negotiate it away but also didn't want them touching the car to install it). And I'll be honest I've been torn as to whether to flip it, take the profit and apply it to a regular CTR purchase.... Everytime I look at it in the garage I want to keep it...the financial side of my brain says to do the first thing...I've been in a stand off with myself since I brought it home....

SW20MR2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MR2
Country flag
intekjim said:
I still have 12 miles on it. I will flip for $75k - just having fun
CWNole95 said:
You sound like me.

9 miles on 031

40 miles on 134 (the beater)

LOL, I will start driving 134 more though. Work has just really sucked recently.
Flipping cars is kind of lame, by the time you think you got a profit, with inflation and insurance, and financing and taxes and fees you are worse off than just putting 50K into index fund ;-) But if this is your passion to get Type R limited to flip who am I to say no.

CWNole95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well finally my LE has arrived! Earlier than expected based on the text I got from the dealer. Of course I'm out of town for most of this week but she's waiting for me. ?

Resized_Resized_20210423_173224_20210424_084033.jpeg
Awesome and congratulations!!!

jmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NSX-T & 2021 Civic Type R LE USA-029
Country flag
Just searched on Car Gurus for LE across the country. 63 listed. Most are way over priced. Very few actually list the sales price. Most lie and say MSRP until you call.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you mean losing money? Nope, never been close to losing money on any of my Type R cars (dating back to the several Integra I was fortunate to own in the early 2000s).

As foreign a concept as it may be to some, not everyone enjoys vehicle ownership solely for the drive. People have various motivations for owning anything, not just vehicles.

I road raced for several years at tracks up and down the east coast and in the midwest. The Type R bloodline has just always held a special place in my heart.
I don’t have an issue with people flipping cars or how they choose to enjoy ownership.

I originally said good luck with the flip to you and intekjim. But since you said you have never been close to loosing money on any CTR’s... You bought one at 10k over, right? Tax and lic? Would think that you are 10%+ upside down to the market. Without considering finance charges or opportunity costs. It’s just very unusual for someone to buy two of the same car and not drive them unless they have a large collection or are speculating/investing.

No need to respond the the above. I just find the situation interesting.
Sponsored