jrho

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R LE (#30 CAD), 2004 S2000
Country flag
I can only find a uhaul car trailer that I'm probably gonna have to rent for 950 miles trip. I wish there more options (company and trailer style)
Yeah I was going to go that route too. Tough to find another company that is willing to do 1 way rentals like uhaul. I would have liked to get an enclosed trailer but loaded with a CTR it would be pushing the capacity of a 1500 truck
Sponsored

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Yeah I was going to go that route too. Tough to find another company that is willing to do 1 way rentals like uhaul. I would have liked to get an enclosed trailer but loaded with a CTR it would be pushing the capacity of a 1500 truck
An enclosed trailer transport would run $2-3k apparently, someone can correct me. And $1k for open trailer. I told myself if i get lucky and found an MSRP deal, I'll splurge the "saving" on a proper transport so i don't have to struggle the drive myself. But now i gotta resort to the latter

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Question for the LE owners...

Are you guys putting tints on the car? I'm in Florida so tint is usually a given due to the heat but I also kind of want to keep it all factory spec.
Go for a ceramic tint then. It maintains a mild tint and blocks UV, which is more important in my book. I mean factory spec is literally an aquarium glass. I'm sure the next owner wouldn't care that you decided to tint it, as long as it's not gaudy awful dark

jrho

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R LE (#30 CAD), 2004 S2000
Country flag

Are you guys putting tints on the car? I'm in Florida so tint is usually a given due to the heat but I also kind of want to keep it all factory spec.
I don't think people will be hurt by tinting the car. A quality ceramic tint would be a good idea like mentioned and tint is reversible too in case the next owner decides they don't want it.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag

What's the motivation to keep it all factory spec?

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Trust me the LE is worth it...when you see it in person you are going to love it...it really stands out ?
Haven't seen an LE yet, awesome to see you have one! I missed it by 2 minutes on Honda Canada's website when it was launched. How come you paid mark-up? Dealerships in Canada aren't allowed to charge mark-up on new cars.

TYPRTY

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R LE
Country flag
Haven't seen an LE yet, awesome to see you have one! I missed it by 2 minutes on Honda Canada's website when it was launched. How come you paid mark-up? Dealerships in Canada aren't allowed to charge mark-up on new cars.
I bought it as a new “used” car from an individual...that’s why I paid a markup...I was offering the markup anyways just to get the car...and if I find another one for MSRP I am going to buy it ?

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Damn, it's hard for me to believe some people would pay that much for a Civic but then if you gotta have it, you gotta have it - I know the feeling. But knowing both my 20 Si and 21 R combined cost me less than what some of these dealers are asking for an LE is insanity I tell you o_O

TYPRTY

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R LE
Country flag
Damn, it's hard for me to believe some people would pay that much for a Civic but then if you gotta have it, you gotta have it - I know the feeling. But knowing both my 20 Si and 21 R combined cost me less than what some of these dealers are asking for an LE is insanity I tell you o_O
Money can be made easily...but when a supply of a great item is limited and in high demand...people with deep pockets will get what they want...this will never change. I see older regular FK8’s selling for 2021 MSRP prices...it’s all just crazy but man the FK8 is a great car ?

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
Honestly the FK8 is the next gen EG/DC2 by hype and desire. Idunno if next gen will be this desirable.