BBQ

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000CR
Country flag
Wow nearly double what I'll be paying for my RHD Aus spec LE!

Guess with only 40 non-Japanese RHD cars in the world if they prove to be popular in Japan and other RHD markets that might have a bigger bearing on price than local demand.
The video said there are only 240 RHD in the world. There might be a few “crazy rich people” spend their spare change to buy one or two.?
Sponsored

Sup_Devil

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Pilot, S2000, 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
The closest dealer to my home (2 miles away) currently shows "in transit" on the Honda corporate website for the LE. I walked in today and asked if I could get a quote on it, they sat me down for 10 minutes, came back and said someone had already put a deposit on it and it was already sold.

Back when the LE was first announced in 2020, I walked into this very same dealer and gave them my phone number telling them to let me get a quote when they got their allocation and willing to take a deposit. Of course I never got a call, and I only checked in today because I saw one was "in transit". This dealer was notably not great to work with before when I bought my 2019, hence why I drove 300 miles for my CTR vs. 2 miles to do business with them. Honda of the Avenues, Jacksonville FL
And I'm sure they are at least $10k over msrp

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Have heard that employees at some of these dealerships are asking to purchase them when they pop up in transit in their system. Not saying all are doing it for a flip but regardless it makes it that much harder for those of you who want one to compete. Even if the dealer was willing to sell it for a fair price, too many people with early access can ask to purchase before you.

But yes, typical markup seems to be around $10K right now. It also seems like some dealers around here are communicating about the market on these between each other which didn't seem as much the case with the regular ones. Doesn't help the chances of one slipping through the cracks for MSRP.

Best of luck to whoever is still in the hunt.

jrho

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R LE (#30 CAD), 2004 S2000
Country flag
I do not envy how they're being rolled out in the USA. So glad Canada did the pre-order for them. Mine just arrived at my dealer and hoping to pick it up this weekend!

rwht

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8 (Incoming)
Country flag
I do not envy how they're being rolled out in the USA. So glad Canada did the pre-order for them. Mine just arrived at my dealer and hoping to pick it up this weekend!
Congrats! Did your dealer indicate you'll get the car for MSRP along with the standard range of additional fees typical of a regular vehicle?

slow_delsol

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Of all the new car buying experiences I’ve had over the years, the CTR has been by far the worst. At least in the states you can find dealers that have them or you can check the Honda website for in transit units. In Canada there has been less than 5 2021’s that have landed at dealerships. You get put on a back order list with no clue when or if you will actually get one even with a deposit. The Honda Canada website does not allow tracking of in transit units. USA has seen a steady flow of new 2021’s all over the country. I’d gladly pay over MRSP in exchange to be guaranteed one but I can’t even get that. Your only hope is to put calls out to every dealership across the country. You get 10 different answers at 10 different dealerships. They vary from they won’t be able to get one to they will take your deposit and will wait until July to see if you get lucky and have your back order allotted. And forget asking for a particular colour. It’s a complete gamble at what Honda decides they will ship to Canada which if only white and silver for Canada so some unknown reason.

TYPRTY

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R LE
Country flag
Of all the new car buying experiences I’ve had over the years, the CTR has been by far the worst. At least in the states you can find dealers that have them or you can check the Honda website for in transit units. In Canada there has been less than 5 2021’s that have landed at dealerships. You get put on a back order list with no clue when or if you will actually get one even with a deposit. The Honda Canada website does not allow tracking of in transit units. USA has seen a steady flow of new 2021’s all over the country. I’d gladly pay over MRSP in exchange to be guaranteed one but I can’t even get that. Your only hope is to put calls out to every dealership across the country. You get 10 different answers at 10 different dealerships. They vary from they won’t be able to get one to they will take your deposit and will wait until July to see if you get lucky and have your back order allotted. And forget asking for a particular colour. It’s a complete gamble at what Honda decides they will ship to Canada which if only white and silver for Canada so some unknown reason.
I never would have gotten my 2021 CW that I ordered late August 2020...but I found my 2021 LE and bought it outright...and yes I paid a markup on it plus big shipping fees but I have the car and colour I wanted...I couldn’t be happier ?. Things happen for a reason...and I was lucky to get the build # I wanted ?

OLDRICR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Country flag
Mine is at the local rail yard, not sure how long before it arrives at the dealership but I’ve decided it’s worth the money!

TYPRTY

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R LE
Country flag
Mine is at the local rail yard, not sure how long before it arrives at the dealership but I’ve decided it’s worth the money!
Trust me the LE is worth it...when you see it in person you are going to love it...it really stands out ?

jrho

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Congrats! Did your dealer indicate you'll get the car for MSRP along with the standard range of additional fees typical of a regular vehicle?
Thanks! Yeah MSRP and just the typical AC tax, Tire Recycling Fee and GST. They're a 5 hour drive from me but better than any of the big city dealerships in Calgary that add a markup through accessories. Going to be towing it home tomorrow as we still have a decent amount of snow on the roads still and driving on those Cup 2 tires is asking for trouble haha

rwht

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8 (Incoming)
Country flag
Thanks! Yeah MSRP and just the typical AC tax, Tire Recycling Fee and GST. They're a 5 hour drive from me but better than any of the big city dealerships in Calgary that add a markup through accessories. Going to be towing it home tomorrow as we still have a decent amount of snow on the roads still and driving on those Cup 2 tires is asking for trouble haha
Thanks! A 5 hour drive is a small price to price to guarantee a clean deal haha. Hopefully more temperate weather is just around the corner over there so you can enjoy the car.

I have one incoming and I'm slightly anxious they'll try to upcharge me through accessories or other means. Hopefully they'll do the right thing.

jrho

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks! A 5 hour drive is a small price to price to guarantee a clean deal haha. Hopefully more temperate weather is just around the corner over there so you can enjoy the car.

I have one incoming and I'm slightly anxious they'll try to upcharge me through accessories or other means. Hopefully they'll do the right thing.
Didn't realize how hard it would be to find a trailer but my dealer is actually arranging transport for me to Calgary! Went there to do the paperwork and see the car in person on Saturday and I'm excited for it to get here! It's getting dropped off at a friend's shop for PPF so I won't be able to drive it soon but we got more snow here last night.

Hope your dealer treats you right as well!

Reactions: BBQ

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Didn't realize how hard it would be to find a trailer but my dealer is actually arranging transport for me to Calgary! Went there to do the paperwork and see the car in person on Saturday and I'm excited for it to get here! It's getting dropped off at a friend's shop for PPF so I won't be able to drive it soon but we got more snow here last night.

Hope your dealer treats you right as well!
I can only find a uhaul car trailer that I'm probably gonna have to rent for 950 miles trip. I wish there more options (company and trailer style)
Sponsored