BBQ

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000CR
Country flag
I heard a firm $10K over for a local LE :rolleyes: from an MSRP dealer (on regular Rs) nonetheless. I think finding one of these at MSRP will be close to impossible right now.

Maybe when the guys willing to pay anything snatch up the first 400-500 and the last 100 have a tougher time selling with the new one around the corner? But that's also a gamble.
We only see number tags in the low 200s and it is almost April. UK factory will closed in July and I don’t expect they will be producing the same daily volume of vehicles in its last month of operation. With some LE still sitting in dealerships, Honda might cut it short like the S2k CR.
Sponsored

TYPRTY

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R LE
Country flag
We only see number tags in the low 200s and it is almost April. UK factory will closed in July and I don’t expect they will be producing the same daily volume of vehicles in its last month of operation. With some LE still sitting in dealerships, Honda might cut it short like the S2k CR.
All the LE’s will get delivered ?

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Honda would only reduce LE production if dealers cannot sell them.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
18% of all CTRs for sale in the USA right now are LEs, so for those of you negotiating on the LE, don't let dealers tell you they are hard to come by:

New non-LE CTRs for sale currently: 270
New LE CTRs for sale currently: 49

TYPRTY

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
18% of all CTRs for sale in the USA right now are LEs, so for those of you negotiating on the LE, don't let dealers tell you they are hard to come by:

These are all going to get snatched up soon… In my country you cannot even get a new 2021 at a dealership ?

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In my country you cannot even get a new 2021 at a dealership
that's because in Canada there was the best way for a consumer to buy the car - at MSRP online, no dealer BS to deal with, no mark up to deal with, etc. These will be around for awhile on US dealer lots so long that they're charging 10k or more for mark up

TYPRTY

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
that's because in Canada there was the best way for a consumer to buy the car - at MSRP online, no dealer BS to deal with, no mark up to deal with, etc. These will be around for awhile on US dealer lots so long that they're charging 10k or more for mark up
You can’t get any new 2021 civic type R cars in Canada at dealerships.
There are ways around for dealerships being able to mark up MSRP on cars here in Canada… There are loopholes in the system that allow dealers to mark up pricing… to get an LE in Canada is next to impossible… Yet in the US they are still readily available… And there are lots of people that don’t mind paying over MSRP for a rare and limited car… I was one of those people that did just that and I couldn’t be happier ?

BBQ

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000CR
Country flag
Don’t rule out international buyers...
UK has 20 LE allocated. below video in Chinese said UK-003 is actually in Hong Kong and another one just sold for $11,500,000 yen in Japan.

Last edited:

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag

15% but we get your point.

Hard to know the market but $5k above msrp seems like a solid deal. New and used car market is strong (not necessary for every car) and I doubt the ADM would be in play in more normal times.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
I think the difference with the S2K is that its production run was over like 10 years. By the end when CRs were sitting on lots, probably with dealers still asking markup, no one was interested anymore.

The CTR has been around for 5 years, 2 of those where production was heavily affected by COVID. They killed it with the refresh imo, including the added color options. It's popularity has clearly not dropped as MSRP ones get snatched up immediately.....still in 2021.

I think all the LEs will be made as long as Honda can work out the logistics at the factory and pump them out before any deadlines they've set themselves for the shutdown.

Also, even as someone who isn't as awed by the LE over a regular 2021 as others, I do believe they will hold their value extremely well.

Last edited:

michaeljf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 CTR LE (AUS-008)
Country flag
and another one just sold for $11,500,000 yen in Japan.
Wow nearly double what I'll be paying for my RHD Aus spec LE!

Guess with only 40 non-Japanese RHD cars in the world if they prove to be popular in Japan and other RHD markets that might have a bigger bearing on price than local demand.

BBQ

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000CR
Country flag
Anyone want to try their luck for getting an LE without ADM or below MSRP, you have your chance tomorrow. No reserve either so it will be going home with someone.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The closest dealer to my home (2 miles away) currently shows "in transit" on the Honda corporate website for the LE. I walked in today and asked if I could get a quote on it, they sat me down for 10 minutes, came back and said someone had already put a deposit on it and it was already sold.

Back when the LE was first announced in 2020, I walked into this very same dealer and gave them my phone number telling them to let me get a quote when they got their allocation and willing to take a deposit. Of course I never got a call, and I only checked in today because I saw one was "in transit". This dealer was notably not great to work with before when I bought my 2019, hence why I drove 300 miles for my CTR vs. 2 miles to do business with them. Honda of the Avenues, Jacksonville FL

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Anyone want to try their luck for getting an LE without ADM or below MSRP, you have your chance tomorrow. No reserve either so it will be going home with someone.

am I the only one that is bothered by the seller (dealer employee) leaning on the passenger side mirror? So classic of a dealer employee to do. They HAVE to touch it, lean on it, rest their coke can on the hood, etc
Sponsored