Sup_Devil

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Pilot, S2000, 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
This makes no sense. Reserve and no reserve are common for in person and online auctions. Bids (offers) buy cars. Not bidding (making a binding offer) just because the selling has a minimum acceptable price indicates that the potential buyer really isn’t a buyer.

I thought that would have gone higher, especially considering the ‘charity’ element.
It makes perfect sense. Many people would throw in a bid with no reserve. You have much more activity. Tons of people just bypass these types of auctions with likely insane reserves. Why not just go to a local dealer and pay through the nose instead of dealing with eBay? Once you have 50+ people invested by placing bids you'd likely see a higher selling price in my opinion.
Sponsored

CWNole95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW FL5 #775, '23 SGP FL5 #10771, 2005 NFR S2K
Country flag
This makes no sense. Reserve and no reserve are common for in person and online auctions. Bids (offers) buy cars. Not bidding (making a binding offer) just because the selling has a minimum acceptable price indicates that the potential buyer really isn’t a buyer.

I thought that would have gone higher, especially considering the ‘charity’ element.
Okay my man. My money. My sense. As someone who has purchased several items via auction, it’s prospective buyer preference. I will personally not participate in such an auction, senseless or not.

Who are you to suggest to anyone that their preference is illogical? That in itself is senseless. It’s your money. Make your decision, and allow others to make theirs.

Phoenix21

First Name
Phoenix21
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Type R LE
Country flag
Great list! Any chance for a list on north of border?
All the 2021 CTR LE's in Canada have been accounted for from the pre-order website back in April (sold out in 5 mins). If you are just curious as to who is getting their's first, that's a different story and we don't have a database in Canada for that lol
Yeah, highly unlikely you'll see a list in Canada as they were sold directly to the lucky 100. I am one of them, might look to move it if there's interest for the right price! Hasn't landed yet, ETA is early May.

Jinba-Ittai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Agree—in my opinion this “Limited Edition” is not worth the hype, the $6000, nor the mark-up for arguably marginal changes (at best)
over the standard CTR (Essentially, lighter wheels and updated tuning software for exactly the same suspension components). Whereas, the S2000 CR has some real tangible differences in suspension components (shocks/springs), aero, steering ratio, more significant sound deadening elimination, additional bracing and of course the hardtop. Honda did a much better job marketing the LE, and times are different today vs when CRs sat on dealer lots collecting dust. Now low mileage examples sell between 60-80k USD. Really, the LE is one of the most overhyped Hondas. There, I said it. No new Ring record and dealers are fooling many. Many LEs are just becoming a means for Instagram “likes,” rolling around with the original window sticker, and will never get a proper beating on track.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2021-Honda-Civic-Type-R-Yellow-/184662289708

A $55k LE CTR #048 didn't get a single bid on eBay and the listing expired, though it had a reserve. Nonetheless, I'm surprised. One sold a month or so ago on eBay for sub $60k, this listing not getting a single bid tells me that dealers might want to get any markup at all if $10k ADM didn't get anything here.

I'd gladly trade in and trade up for the LE but I can't do the markup

Last edited:

Sup_Devil

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Pilot, S2000, 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Agree—in my opinion this “Limited Edition” is not worth the hype, the $6000, nor the mark-up for arguably marginal changes (at best)
over the standard CTR (Essentially, lighter wheels and updated tuning software for exactly the same suspension components). Whereas, the S2000 CR has some real tangible differences in suspension components (shocks/springs), aero, steering ratio, more significant sound deadening elimination, additional bracing and of course the hardtop. Honda did a much better job marketing the LE, and times are different today vs when CRs sat on dealer lots collecting dust. Now low mileage examples sell between 60-80k USD. Really, the LE is one of the most overhyped Hondas. There, I said it. No new Ring record and dealers are fooling many. Many LEs are just becoming a means for Instagram “likes,” rolling around with the original window sticker, and will never get a proper beating on track.
I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you there. The BBS wheels and tires would likely cost almost $6k alone to upgrade to. And there was enough done to the LE that every review I read says it trounces the reg CTR. I read somewhere about additional welds on the LE that they didn't really market for whatever reason. Toss in the exclusivity and the car will easily be worth the price of admission.(extremely easy to sell and make your money back if necessary). I'm not saying I'd pay $70k but anywhere in the ballpark of msrp is a no brainer.

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you there. The BBS wheels and tires would likely cost almost $6k alone to upgrade to. And there was enough done to the LE that every review I read says it trounces the reg CTR. I read somewhere about additional welds on the LE that they didn't really market for whatever reason. Toss in the exclusivity and the car will easily be worth the price of admission.(extremely easy to sell and make your money back if necessary). I'm not saying I'd pay $70k but anywhere in the ballpark of msrp is a no brainer.
A lot of current owners are pegged at the idea that they could make up the price difference with doing their own mods that they think is comparable if not fitting to their own preference. I got into a couple of those debates and think that hey, at least for the higher MSRP, all the "upgrade"/updates are considered OE, so in my eyes, who sometime worry about botched aftermarket install/jobs/products, it gives somewhat that piece of mind that it's a brand sanctioned car model and trim package

BBQ

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000CR
Country flag
LE + expensive mods = appreciate/depreciate

This is a CTR LE that cost $100k regardless.

Last edited:

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
It makes perfect sense. Many people would throw in a bid with no reserve. You have much more activity. Tons of people just bypass these types of auctions with likely insane reserves. Why not just go to a local dealer and pay through the nose instead of dealing with eBay? Once you have 50+ people invested by placing bids you'd likely see a higher selling price in my opinion.
I was referencing the buyers perspective (I thought you were also). With a high starting price, tons of people will pass whom would just bid below market (or below what the seller deems the market - not necessarily accurate) if the starting price was low. Those who are truly interested and are buyers will bid on a reserve car. Hence, if someone is truly a buyer, they will bid on the car, regardless if the bid reaches the reserve.

If you are talking about the sellers strategy to create more bids or achieve a higher selling price, that's something different. I suppose the folks whom operate BAT would be able to provide some insight on that question.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Okay my man. My money. My sense. As someone who has purchased several items via auction, it’s prospective buyer preference. I will personally not participate in such an auction, senseless or not.

Who are you to suggest to anyone that their preference is illogical? That in itself is senseless. It’s your money. Make your decision, and allow others to make theirs.
OK. So then you are not a buyer for that item -- whatever the reason. Has nothing to do with 'your' or 'my' money.

Phoenix21

First Name
Phoenix21
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Type R LE
Country flag
Great list! Any chance for a list on north of border?
Honda Canada will not be releasing a list as Dealers were not able to order them. All 100 were sold directly to the lucky mouse clickers within 2 minutes. So yeah, due to customer confidentiality, there will be no list. I got one, due to land early May. I likely will be selling it directly after dealer does PDI due to unforeseen circumstances. Insert sad face here :-( but should be able to make a bit on it luckily due to what appears to be very high demand. Take care and keep that Turbo spooled..!!

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Agree (well, not sure about trounces). The value (at msrp and maybe above - time will tell) vs a regular CTR is there. Just need to like the yellow...

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
LE + expensive mods = appreciate/depreciate

This is a CTR LE that cost $100k regardless.

I mean... Most of these are accessories and can be put back on when it comes to it. The owner always post this car every week in the FB groups. Seems to be one of the few that rly spend a lot of money on overpriced accessories (car also purchased at $60k according to himself). Anything for internet clout for this guy i guess ??‍♂

intekjim

2019 CIVIC TYPE R
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
intek.net
Vehicle(s)
2019 CIVIC TYPE R & 2021 CIVIC TYPE R LE USA-103
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have USA-103
I have seen another on facebook that was USA-177
Mine is on EBAY - FIRM Offer of 60,200. I paid MSRP

YOUR Opinion matters....

Should I take the offer or pass?
Let me know.

2019 - Vroom offered 30338.00 - May have to remove the REMUS

CWNole95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW FL5 #775, '23 SGP FL5 #10771, 2005 NFR S2K
Country flag
I have USA-103
I have seen another on facebook that was USA-177
Mine is on EBAY - FIRM Offer of 60,200. I paid MSRP

YOUR Opinion matters....

Should I take the offer or pass?
Let me know.

2019 - Vroom offered 30338.00 - May have to remove the REMUS
I own 031 and 134. Personally, I wouldn’t sell either at that mark but THAT IS ME. It really depends on what your long term desire is for the car. I bought two with the intention of keeping both. But considering what you paid, you would be getting a very nice return on investment considering you paid MSRP.

I personally believe these will only increase in value though, so I definitely don’t think you’re in danger of losing anything if you decline and decide to sell later.

Best of luck.
Sponsored