Tamporter

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR LE #22, Gallardo Spyder 6MT, Rover SVR, S2000
Country flag
To those who are able to put deposit down, how were you guys able to convince the dealership to take it? Most of the ones I've called have not wanting to move forth unless they get some kind of semi confirmation that Honda has assign them a car. I've been told by several sources that it's Honda assigning the car, not dealership requesting Honda for it. (I suppose the dealership could try requesting and Honda could decline)
You'll need to find one that they were assigned a LE from Honda. Larger volume dealers are getting ones, whereas smaller volume dealers may not.
Sponsored

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
You'll need to find one that they were assigned a LE from Honda. Larger volume dealers are getting ones, whereas smaller volume dealers may not.
Yea... finding a dealership that is assigned by Honda is the unknown factor. I can guestimate "large volume dealers" by looking at the lot size of their dealership, but that's about it. I've been calling around the nation as I find them.

BTW, you're local to me. I hope I get to see your LE or speak to you on this directly sometime. I make rock guards for the 10th gen Civic all the way to the Type R. The LE could certainly use a set.

Sup_Devil

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Pilot, S2000, 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yea... finding a dealership that is assigned by Honda is the unknown factor. I can guestimate "large volume dealers" by looking at the lot size of their dealership, but that's about it. I've been calling around the nation as I find them.

BTW, you're local to me. I hope I get to see your LE or speak to you on this directly sometime. I make rock guards for the 10th gen Civic all the way to the Type R. The LE could certainly use a set.
My dealer reached out to me as soon as they could see they were allocated one in the system. They said they just found out and it would be the only one they get. I believe they are a mid volume dealer so it was a little surprising.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
My dealer reached out to me as soon as they could see they were allocated one in the system. They said they just found out and it would be the only one they get. I believe they are a mid volume dealer so it was a little surprising.
My experience has always been bad with Tampa Bay area Honda dealers (I'm from Clearwater but live in Jax now). If you don't mind sharing, I'm curious what dealer you went with and what they're charging you.

My local dealer in Jacksonville hasn't gotten their allocation yet, they've promised me a "first shot" at it but my appetite is too low for substantial mark up

Tamporter

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR LE #22, Gallardo Spyder 6MT, Rover SVR, S2000
Country flag

I called all the dealerships in DFW, and I'd say about 75% of them were getting a LE. I actually still have a deposit for one in Rockwall (not the one I own now). Last I heard, Lute Riley in Richardson has an allocation and are looking for $10k over.

Vandergriff said theirs was spoken for, but maybe the buyer backed out.
Frisco said theirs was bought too @ $15k over IIRC.

From talking to the guy that used to run the spreadsheet, pwrful4, each Texas city got 1 or 2 LEs that were badge numbers in the 60s.

Red2k

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MDX Type S, 2021 LE-69, 2016 BMW 740i, X5Mc
Country flag
I called all the dealerships in DFW, and I'd say about 75% of them were getting a LE. I actually still have a deposit for one in Rockwall (not the one I own now). Last I heard, Lute Riley in Richardson has an allocation and are looking for $10k over.

Vandergriff said theirs was spoken for, but maybe the buyer backed out.
Frisco said theirs was bought too @ $15k over IIRC.

From talking to the guy that used to run the spreadsheet, pwrful4, each Texas city got 1 or 2 LEs that were badge numbers in the 60s.
I ended up finding #69 in Houston (bought in December). I was trying to buy one from Vandergriff (#53 I believe) but they kept asking 30k ADM.

As far as I know, the top 500 dealers are each getting one. My local dealer is not getting one for sure.

CWNole95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW FL5 #775, '23 SGP FL5 #10771, 2005 NFR S2K
Country flag
I ended up finding #69 in Houston (bought in December). I was trying to buy one from Vandergriff (#53 I believe) but they kept asking 30k ADM.

As far as I know, the top 500 dealers are each getting one. My local dealer is not getting one for sure.
Some dealers have actually already received two.

OIK

First Name
Omair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3
Country flag
I made my deal for my LE in June 2020. I knew it was coming, the dealer didn't know but I convinced them to take my deposit. Luckily the dealer did not screw me as I had no contract and now it's in a trailer and will be delivered tomorrow AM. First stop full PPF, ZL1 Mudflaps, License Plate bracket mount. Will probably have her in possession next week after all of this work!

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
How much did he pay for it???
I tried asking and he's not confessing. I'm thinking mid to high $55K. None of the Texas dealerships with LE allocations been selling it without crazy ADM (my area is home of the $80k LE). I believe he indicated the one he got being the best bargain in the state, but obviously still up there.

BBQ

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000CR
Country flag
I tried asking and he's not confessing. I'm thinking mid to high $55K. None of the Texas dealerships with LE allocations been selling it without crazy ADM (my area is home of the $80k LE). I believe he indicated the one he got being the best bargain in the state, but obviously still up there.
OMG $80k LE!
How many dealers are asking for that price In your area?

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
OMG $80k LE!
How many dealers are asking for that price In your area?
Just this one. Vandergriff Honda. You can probably find the photo of the sticker roaming around here or the CTR groups on Facebook. Others than I've called are around $55-65k. Pretty much lost hope in being able to get one here locally, as much as I want to save myself the hassle of trailering.
Sponsored