Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I just got the dreaded email from her. Pretty sad that they wouldn’t stand behind their advertised price and correct it for future orders. I called her out for trying to blame Honda for increasing the price. The mistake was not on Honda’s side, it was solely theirs. I had planned on getting the Girodisc rotors, but this was too good a deal to pass up. I guess it’s back to Girodisc for me. Those who received their rotors, congrats!
Got an email early this morning (like 5AM EST) from Stacey asking for more money for the rotors. I replied right away and decided to cancel. I haven't seen a refund back to my PayPal account yet, hopefully they don't forget to refund the additional shipping charge I paid as well. What a bummer.

I'm probably going to look into other 2 piece rotors. I know there's Girodisc, EBC, Tarox, and Rolloface that makes em for the FK8. I haven't looked into StopTech yet but last I checked, they do not have a 2 piece rotor for the FK8.
Sponsored

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Hopefully they are more responsive next week. Absolutely inexcusable.

:thumbsdown:

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Does anyone know if the alcantara steering wheel is in stock? I know Honda messed up the boots, but what about the steering wheel?

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hopefully they are more responsive next week. Absolutely inexcusable.

:thumbsdown:
Yeah, no refund sent yet but it's only been a little over 12 hours since I canceled my order. Guess I'll have to wait till next week and look out for it.

I'm probably going to look into other 2 piece rotors. I know there's Girodisc, EBC, Tarox, and Rolloface that makes em for the FK8. I haven't looked into StopTech yet but last I checked, they do not have a 2 piece rotor for the FK8.
Now that I think about it, it's still cheaper to get the 2020 brake rotor from a US Honda parts source when comparing the price to other aftermarket 2 piece brake rotors from Girodisc, EBC etc.

Honda Automotive Parts is the cheapest I found for $304.36 a piece. Other places are going for $330-$350 a piece or more.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Type-R Parts 1590795508485

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Pathetic, no offer to pay the difference.

"Hello

I've just looked on my system and it looks like your order has been cancelled and refunded

My apologise

Kind Regards

Stacey Mudd"

jdm_94

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type R & 14 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got my refund for rotors early today.

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
I got my refund for rotors early today.
How long did it take for the refund to come through since cancellation? I think it's been like 2-3 days for me and haven't seen anything.

jdm_94

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type R & 14 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How long did it take for the refund to come through since cancellation? I think it's been like 2-3 days for me and haven't seen anything.
3 days

Zpeedster M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I don't think Ling Honda is a typical scam site, all canceled orders will be refunded. People need to calm down. Waiting by the computer is not going to make the refund go any faster., plus using Paypal there is a way to dispute charges if item not received.

SBD47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Honda CR-V
Country flag
I don't think Ling Honda is a typical scam site, all canceled orders will be refunded. People need to calm down. Waiting by the computer is not going to make the refund go any faster., plus using Paypal there is a way to dispute charges if item not received.
I agree. I don’t doubt that they will refund everyone’s money. The issue is that they advertised a price for an item. Took people’s money, without even having the item in stock. Wasted a week of our time. Then didn’t honor their advertised price for the shipping or the product itself. Not great business practices.

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
No refund. And i don't want one! Still hoping to get a tracking number this week.

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
I agree. I don’t doubt that they will refund everyone’s money. The issue is that they advertised a price for an item. Took people’s money, without even having the item in stock. Wasted a week of our time. Then didn’t honor their advertised price for the shipping or the product itself. Not great business practices.
They probably don’t encounter situations like this often and aren’t well equipped to handle it as quickly as would be ideal. They may also be short staffed due to the pandemic.

besthondastore

First Name
Michal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
besthondastore.com
Vehicle(s)
all Hondas
Country flag
Hi there,

Following on this thread for a long time from another side (as a Genuine items reseller, no potential customer), waiting for the Honda to change the price as it happen (it must have happened) ;)

Don't want to make ad only as especially since this is my first entry here, but: I have more than 200 those brake discs in stock (Genuine Honda 45251-TGH-A01), used in 2020+ FK8. I can offer 150$ each (half US price), but there is no way to send them by air to North America in a chep way :( Maybe when some of You will decide to buy them, it will be reasonable to look for SEA shipment, The only problem is weight making air services so expensive...

Anyway, PM me or write below if You have qny questions.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Type-R Parts bdiscs
Sponsored

Last edited: