2020 Type-R Parts

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 CW Type R
Country flag
The part numbers can be searched. But you can’t just search for all 2020 Honda Civic Type R parts. You’d need to know the actual part number vs searching for a radiator for a 2020 Type R. Thus the user you quoted asking for part numbers.
Correct. Looking for the PNs of all the 2020 updated parts.
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
what part can you not look up lol? If it’s on the car you can find it and thus the part number. How else do you think people get them? Want the grill look at body parts, want the shifter etc it’s pretty simple.
He was asking for a 2020 CTR part number. That will be difficult to find as the websites may allow you to search for a 2020 CTR part by part number, you may have issues getting a listing of all parts for a 2020 CTR since the “find parts for my car” segment doesn’t allow you to choose a 2020 Civic.

I quoted and Hondapartsnow and Honda E-Store both don’t let you do this yet. Someone posted that Honda Parts Network does.
Edit: saying you can easily look it up but not providing the source where you looked it up is the research equivalent of saying my source is Google. There are countless web stores that specialize in selling OEM Honda parts. They are definitely not all the same (as I’ve shown above).

Edit 2: just because you use one database/store to look up your parts doesn’t mean everyone else uses the same one since many of these exist and they have not all updated to allow you to display all parts for 2020 cars, but will allow you to bring up the part given the part number.

Last edited:

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Sorry didn’t read any of that. If someone is to lazy to look up a part they want for the part number I can’t help them.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Sorry didn’t read any of that. If someone is to lazy to look up a part they want for the part number I can’t help them.
You do a lot of "not read any of that." (and that doesn't only apply to this thread). They aren't too lazy to look up the part number, they don't know where to look it up. Big difference. You're not helping by not providing any sources to where you're looking your stuff up. I posted two popular sources for OEM Honda parts, one of which is direct from honda.com which don't let you search a catalog of 2020 CTR parts. It was only the one retailer/database that @TypeSiR posted that gave anyone any clue about where to lookup part numbers. His single post was 1000% more helpful than the two or three yours was and didn't insult a person or call them lazy for not wanting to lookup a number when they had no clue where to look it up or were looking it up in all the wrong place. Of course you're going to end up "not read any of that" on this too, right?

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man I would've loved to have had that newer radiator on hand when I just had my whole front bumper off during my new intercooler install. So much easier when all done at once. I have a feeling though I might not need that radiator though with just my daily driving here in Socal.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man I would've loved to have had that newer radiator on hand when I just had my whole front bumper off during my new intercooler install. So much easier when all done at once. I have a feeling though I might not need that radiator though with just my daily driving here in Socal.
If Honda feels good enough to put a revised radiator on the 2020 CTR, it’s good enough for the 35000 or so older CTRs currently running around throughout the world. Think of it as a necessity per Honda’s own admission.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I had my shifter replaced about 5 months ago because the threading had stripped so the lock nut couldn't engage. Had I known they were revising the shifter assembly for the 2020 Type R, I would have waited to replace it. So I kind of feel your pain, but to a much lesser degree.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
eh, people are only really over heating when pushing the car so if your just daily driving and dont plan on tracking the car, i don't see it as a necessity.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
You do a lot of "not read any of that." (and that doesn't only apply to this thread). They aren't too lazy to look up the part number, they don't know where to look it up. Big difference. You're not helping by not providing any sources to where you're looking your stuff up. I posted two popular sources for OEM Honda parts, one of which is direct from honda.com which don't let you search a catalog of 2020 CTR parts. It was only the one retailer/database that @TypeSiR posted that gave anyone any clue about where to lookup part numbers. His single post was 1000% more helpful than the two or three yours was and didn't insult a person or call them lazy for not wanting to lookup a number when they had no clue where to look it up or were looking it up in all the wrong place. Of course you're going to end up "not read any of that" on this too, right?
I just can’t believe no one have ever searched “Honda parts online” and found the endless websites showing part numbers lol.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I just can’t believe no one have ever searched “Honda parts online” and found the endless websites showing part numbers lol.
Yes we have, and a lot of those (I listed two multiple times by now that you just fail to read, you tend to do that a lot) don't let you choose 2020 CTR as a car (or any 2020 Civic for that matter) which is my entire point.

Edit: and you're here criticizing people for doing that and not being able to find the one source you used out of the endless that you say exist that allows you to do this. Yet you never once posted the proper website that offers this option (search for a 2020 Civic's parts without needing the actual part number since that's what is being searched for).

Edit 2: you were more or less doing the equivalent of "Googled it, do your own research" when asked for the source and criticizing people for not finding the source...

Edit 3: I searched your query on Google "Honda Parts Online" and got the following hits (this is probably the third time today I searched this query now):
  1. estore.honda.com (select car page)
  2. estore.honda.com (main page; my second goto)
  3. hondapartsonline.com
  4. hondapartsnow.com (my main goto)
  5. benardiparts.com (main page)
  6. benardiparts.com (Honda parts page)
  7. hondapartsunlimited.com
  8. hondapartswholesaledirect.com
  9. shop.advancedautoparts.com
  10. hondafactoryparts.com
Top ten hits on the first page for me, not one of them the hondapartsnetwork.com. If these don't match yours, remember, everyone's search queries on Google will be different because that's how Google works.

Edit 4: And honestly, like most of America, after the 2nd or 3rd hit provides nothing, we stop the search.

Edit 5: last edit to this post, so we don't lose track of why this entire thing is happening, the original user was asking for a page that listed all the 2020 Honda Civic Type R parts to get the part number, not a place to search by part number for 2020 parts. My two main goto sites for this didn't bring up anything, and I'm assume neither did his.

Last edited:

Higgo8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 CTR GT
Country flag
new front grill, larger opening (13% larger) Grill: 71121-TGH-A51 - Does this grill have the holes for the front sensors as per the EU & UK models?
Anyone know??

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
new front grill, larger opening (13% larger) Grill: 71121-TGH-A51 - Does this grill have the holes for the front sensors as per the EU & UK models?
Anyone know??
Which sensors would this be? The USDM models have sensing now for 2020.

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 CW Type R
Country flag
I have no problem looking up the part numbers if it's been validated the part has in fact been updated. From what I've seen it's not entirely clear what suspension pieces were updated along with a few others. Is it only low control arms? Bushings?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I have no problem looking up the part numbers if it's been validated the part has in fact been updated. From what I've seen it's not entirely clear what suspension pieces were updated along with a few others. Is it only low control arms? Bushings?
https://hondanews.com/en-US/honda-a...nsing-and-new-logr-datalogging-smartphone-app
The suspension for the 2020 Civic Type R has also been updated for more responsive and sharper handling. The Adaptive Damper System’s control software now evaluates road conditions 10 times faster, resulting in improved damper reactions for both better handling response and ride quality. The rear bushings for the lower B-arm have been stiffened, resulting in better toe-in characteristics when cornering. In front, updated compliance bushings (10 percent stiffer longitudinally) and new lower-friction ball joints result in sharper steering feel for better control.
Sponsored