jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
2020 is currently showing the same part number as 2017-2019 front splitter 71102-TGH-A00
“In a testament to Type R engineers’ attention to detail, a small reduction in front downforce resulting from the new larger grille opening was countered by a redesigned front spoiler under the bumper, which was made slightly deeper on the left and right sides and modified to include new ribbed sections on each end to deflect air back onto the spoiler.”

We might have to wait to see.
Sponsored

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
I just added to the list the new front spoiler aka lip or splitter. The new front grill reduced downforce enough that they had to redesign the front splitter by making it wider, and deeper. It may also be a couple mm lower.

For anyone that did an aftermarket grill like the procivic, eBay, or Js (especially the Js), you definitely want to run an aftermarket splitter. In fact you may want to rethink and go more aggressive. Basically we’re starting with a net negative when a new grill is equipped.

Seeing what Honda did it might be mandatory to do a wider more aggressive splitter and canards. Where as before we thought just a moderate splitter was good enough.

I think canards would be a cheap addition to anyone running a splitter to get more downforce.
The updated radiator will make the most difference over the grill I’d assume. Aftermarket grills opened things up showing marginal improvement. Curious if someone will try the 17 - 19 grill and see improvement since it seems like the better and easiest route while not disrupting the aero dynamics.

Last edited:

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 1.5T 2018 Hatchback (European Spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
More part numbers coming at ya......

Black Seat Covers (2020 SportLine Euro Only)
LHF Base 81531-TGH-J01ZWE
LHF Back 81525-TGH-G21ZA
RHF Base 81131-TGH-J11ZF
RHF Back 81125-TGH-G21ZA

Alcantara Shift Boot and Trim Surround
77296-TGH-A11ZA

Alloy Wheels
19" SportLine Euro 42700-TGH-E81
20" Black (no red pinstripe) 42700-TGH-A81

No prices or availability yet......

Stephen

OP
OP

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag

LHF Back 81525-TGH-G21ZA
RHF Base 81131-TGH-J11ZF
RHF Back 81125-TGH-G21ZA

Alcantara Shift Boot and Trim Surround
77296-TGH-A11ZA

Alloy Wheels
19" SportLine Euro 42700-TGH-E81
20" Black (no red pinstripe) 42700-TGH-A81

Stephen
Thanks, added!

RS27

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6 spd / 2019 Civic Coupe Sport CVT / 05 E46 M3 6MT Slicktop
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Still need:
Climate control with A/C delete
Radio delete panel
BBS Forged 20’s

Edit: oh wait that’s for the 2021. Oh well maybe someone has part number anyways.

OMGSIIK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 S2000, 2018 Type R
Country flag

LHF Back 81525-TGH-G21ZA
RHF Base 81131-TGH-J11ZF
RHF Back 81125-TGH-G21ZA

Stephen
I inquired about this with a vendor. They think it's going to be way more $$$ than the red upholstery. I'm very curious what these will be priced at. It's really the only thing that I would "upgrade" on the old R's.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Interested on the shifter assembly curious to see if it shows up as a diferent part number.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interested on the shifter assembly curious to see if it shows up as a diferent part number.
Yes, it’s now listed on the first post. Probably a slightly revised rocker and shorter shift lever. Worth $35? Yes.

54100-TGH-G01

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
Yes, it’s now listed on the first post. Probably a slightly revised rocker and shorter shift lever. Worth $35? Yes.

54100-TGH-G01
How's the install? Fairly easy?

I'm interested in the shifter but waiting for feedback from reviews.

Radiator as well. I'm curious how it pairs with the 17 - 19 grills. I have no interest in the 20+ grill since it generates less downforce requiring a lip upgrade a well. Plus the 17 - 19 grill looks better in my subjective opinion.

Last edited:

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
How's the install? Fairly easy?

I'm interested in the shifter but waiting for feedback from reviews.

Radiator as well. I'm curious how it pairs with the 17 - 19 grills. I have no interest in the 20+ grill since it generates less downforce requiring a lip upgrade a well. Plus the 17 - 19 grill looks better in my subjective opinion.
Installation would be the same as something like the Hybrid Racing or Acuity shifter. So if you want to know, look up the instructions for those. You kind of have to take off the center console which also has you disconnecting the infotainment if I’m not mistaken.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
I have driven in 2 Michigan winters on the stock brake pads and rotors and they don't make any noise or have issues with stopping...not sure where that is coming from in here.

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Climate control with A/C delete o_Oo_Oo_O really?
If I am reading correctly, the AC and radio delete will be limited to the 100 European models of the Limited Edition. This is clearly aimed at having a car with just a bit more steam to go after the Nurburgring record, without having to make all of them undesirable to daily drive.

Last edited:

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
The person you quoted talked about he Alcantera steering wheel (which is kind of hard to distinguish whether its Alcantera or camera noise; it is Alcantera per the press release though) and the shift knob which is obviously different as it's not longer spherical (and rather more teardrop shaped); according to Honda press it will also have a 90g counterweight in the knob as well. The first one I can understand not seeing, even after it was pointed out. The second one is extremely difficult to not see after its pointed out. Not mentioned by the person you quoted, but the shift boot is also Alcantera now as well, though it has the same "is it noise or Alcantera" issue the steering wheel has.

The picture is a Honda press photo.
OK, still don't get the point being made. It has been made abundantly clear from the very first announcement of the 2020 changes that the steering wheel and shifter knob were changing. It was mentioned in the initial press release, shown in the initial pictures, new part numbers have been posted here, actual pre-production cars have been photographed with them, etc. So how is this still a point of discussion?

The only thing that makes sense to me here is that no one making these comments has looked at the entire conversation for context. My very first original statement on the interior subject was in response to some asking if the SEATS had changed. Not the shifter, not the steering wheel, the SEATS. Every comment I have made was in the context of that ongoing conversation.

If anyone jumped into this conversation after it started, and was was confused about that fact due to a lack of reading the entire conversation for context, I don't know what to tell you. Other than maybe read the entire conversation for context next time?
Sponsored