2020 Type-R Parts

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Did they do anything to the seat?
I don't know if there is any confirmation of anything about the interior. The video of the car in Chicago had totally blacked-out windows, completely obscuring the interior. It could be purple polka-dot corduroy for all we know.
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I don't know if there is any confirmation of anything about the interior. The video of the car in Chicago had totally blacked-out windows, completely obscuring the interior. It could be purple polka-dot corduroy for all we know.
Someone got a picture of the interior by pressing their camera up against the glass. Looks like all the other shots of a 2020 interior we’ve seen.

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Someone got a picture of the interior by pressing their camera up against the glass. Looks like all the other shots of a 2020 interior we’ve seen.
How do we know that was not a 2019 car, with a 2019 interior, that Honda painted in the new color and stuck 2020 body parts on it? If nothing is changing in the interior, then why all the cloak-and-dagger to hide it?

As I said elsewhere, until we get to see actual production 2020 vehicles, we don't really know what they are going to be.

That said, I expect the interior to be exactly the same.

y4ngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB CTR
Country flag
How do we know that was not a 2019 car, with a 2019 interior, that Honda painted in the new color and stuck 2020 body parts on it? If nothing is changing in the interior, then why all the cloak-and-dagger to hide it?

As I said elsewhere, until we get to see actual production 2020 vehicles, we don't really know what they are going to be.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Type-R Parts FB_IMG_1581804099010

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag

Well for starters the shift knob was different. That’s all that could really be told from the photo. Steering wheel is supposed to be Alcantera as well (it kind of looks like it is, but lighting is poor and noise is high). It has been stated that it had a badge number of 000000

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Well aware of the different types of brake rotors that are made for cars. None of your posts are cohrerent. Use words to explain the concepts and ideas you are trying to convey, instead of saying things like "they'll squeak if they aren't done right". That is utterly meaningless.

I've driven many cars with 2-piece floating rotors, and have never had issues with noise from the rotor design. Of course, you can get pad deposits or race pads that will cause brake squeal, but this has nothing to do with the rotor design.

What are you talking about? The OEM pads are absolutely "up to temperature" in daily driving, as they have a an operating temp range of ~50F-600F. A single stop from >25mph to zero will get them up to "operating temperature". That's why they are poor for heavy track driving, because they are designed to work for daily driving (and the temperature ranges the car encounters during daily driving).

I don't know of any Brembo 2-piece applications that are not floating. Generally, the only manufacturers who make fixed 2-piece rotors are aftermarket companies. 2-piece fixed rotors are not safe for high performance use.
One, you are wrong. the OEM pads are not up too temp. in "one 25mph" stop. If you think that, you need to bring your car into the real world. All the "noisy" brake threads, related to the pads are because of temps. The OEM pads don't make a single noise in summer, try it under ~30C and consistently. You are posting from Atlanta, which means you're not listening. Fine for you, not so for others.

If you have driven "many" 2 piece designs, I don't need to use "words". As I stated in the thread, if they (Honda) doesn't make them suitable for all climates, they could end up being worse than the 17-19 version. And again, as I said, let's wait and see. You also ripped Dave on his post, but are wrong. True 2 piece rotors are very expensive. We're not talking just Brembos. If a company wants to do that on a ~40K platform, there is going to be concern. These aren't floating rotors. and for that matter, they could have spent money on better rims, etc.

Last edited:

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Don't appear to be floating 2 piece rotors. Don't drive in any type of weather other than ideal.

What do you mean by ideal ? These gonna be the one standard on the 2020 MY. If they put it on a production car , they are fine .

I'm in SoCal . And my old rotors are wrapped already due to lots of canyon driving . A little bit more of heat resistant would work for me .

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The updated the suspension to do 2 things:
  1. Provide better comfort in comfort mode
  2. Provide more grip in +R mode
How so? Can't seeing camber at rear providing a more shitty "comfort" mode than already exists. Sport mode actually feels better over anything harsh as it keeps you from feeling like you drive a truck or worse. More grip in R+ mode? meaning camber if that was true...but anyone reading these threads would have already surpassed any OEM camber requirement, or replaced it with something truly adjustable. Parts they are replacing are to fit the OEM 20"s....people can't understand that. Whether control arms, steering, rotors, etc, they tweaked it to feel better on the OEM rims/Tires.....how many still have those, and before you answer...how many still want those?

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
What do you mean by ideal ? These gonna be the one standard on the 2020 MY. If they put it on a production car , they are fine .

I'm in SoCal . And my old rotors are wrapped already due to lots of canyon driving . A little bit more of heat resistant would work for me .
Cool that you wrapped your rotors.

Someone puts something on a car and it's "fine"...sure. OEM or not, your warping rotors are due to shitty conditions...go figure.

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
One, you are wrong. the OEM pads are not up too temp. in "one 25mph" stop. If you think that, you need to bring your car into the real world. All the "noisy" brake threads, related to the pads are because of temps. The OEM pads don't make a single noise in summer, try it under ~30C and consistently. You are posting from Atlanta, which means you're not listening. Fine for you, not so for others.

If you have driven "many" 2 piece designs, I don't need to use "words". As I stated in the thread, if they (Honda) doesn't make them suitable for all climates, they could end up being worse than the 17-19 version. And again, as I said, let's wait and see. You also ripped Dave on his post, but are wrong. True 2 piece rotors are very expensive. We're not talking just Brembos. If a company wants to do that on a ~40K platform, there is going to be concern. These aren't floating rotors. and for that matter, they could have spent money on better rims, etc.
You literally have no idea what you are talking about. The OEM pads have an operating range of 50F to around 600F. In a single low speed stop (hence my 25 mph estimate), the pads will easily reach 50F, even if the outside temperature is 0F. If the pads weren't reaching operating temperature, the car would take an extremely long distance to stop, like race pads do when they are not up to temp.

My OEM pads were not noisy in the summer, nor are they noisy now in the winter. They were very noisy in the fall (in temps ranging from 90F to 40F) after a track day because I got pad material/pad adhesive smeared all over the rotors from overheating the brakes. Once that material was worn away, the brakes were back to not being noisy.

It's difficult to follow what you're saying in your posts because you jump from topic to topic seemingly at random. Somehow you think the pads (and the rotors, not sure because your post is incoherent) are not made for certain climates, which makes no sense, because the OEM brake setup (and the rest of the car) was certainly tested in hot, cold, and high altitude conditions.

The 2020 Civic Type R rotors are 2-piece floating rotors. Brembo does not manufacture 2-piece non-floating rotors.

Don't appear to be floating 2 piece rotors. Don't drive in any type of weather other than ideal.
Could you please stop posting this nonsense? They are 2-piece floating rotors, the photos are right in front of your face to see. Again, "type of weather" has nothing to do with what sort of brake rotor you should have on your car.

And my old rotors are wrapped already due to lots of canyon driving . A little bit more of heat resistant would work for me .
It's just pad deposits on your rotor, not warping. Switch to a more aggressive pad or just drive around for 2-3 weeks without any canyon runs and the vibrations will go away as the rotor face cleans up.

Last edited:

Iilac

Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, CTR, TUNDRA, MAXIMA, CX9
Country flag
They might put a disclaimer for these new brakes, like they do with the tires in not operating on them under cold/freezing temperature.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Do we know if the new struts come with a new electronic controller of some kind? Is the steering rack the same?

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
They might put a disclaimer for these new brakes, like they do with the tires in not operating on them under cold/freezing temperature.
What? Outside air temperature does not affect 2-piece rotors any differently than a standard 1-piece cast iron rotor. I don't understand where this is coming from.
Sponsored