davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Got the 2020 shift boot in.

20200829_090047.jpg
Was it difficult to install on your existing shifter panel, or did it come with its own panel?

I'm also curious: does it creak when shifting at times like the leather one does?

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Was it difficult to install on your existing shifter panel, or did it come with its own panel?

I'm also curious: does it creak when shifting at times like the leather one does?
Existing stuff is just held on by a few screws and is moved over in a couple minutes.
I don't have any issues with creaking.

THE! CrazyKiwi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like trucks coz I'm a truck guy.
Country flag
Is this the correct part number for the rubber strip? There is no picture associated with it

71110-TGH-A50

https://www.hondapartsonline.net/v-...d-manual/interior-bumper--front-bumper-type-r

Is it part #23 in the attached diagram?

9d6186e7168fe6dda8d1b66127cc7667.png
That's the correct number and yes, it is the piece shown referenced as #23 although in the Honda parts catalog it is #7 in the 2020 Type R section. The diagrams are for reference only and don't truly represent what it looks like, as long as the part number is used you'll be fine. As already stated it changed to regain the downforce lost by altering the grill opening.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Type-R Parts 1598807239661

Dennietho

First Name
Dennie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey Pearl FK8
Country flag
Does anyone else's 2020 boot not lock in all the way to the 2017-2019 shift knob collar? Mine has about 2mm of play.

EmpEuroR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK7 5Dr Civic Sport - White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
Any idea what the part number is for that UK Type R Sport spoiler? Looking to add that to my FK7 hatch since all the options for a duckbill out there are horrible quality and I don't want to be just another hatch with a replica Wing...

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 1.5T 2018 Hatchback (European Spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any idea what the part number is for that UK Type R Sport spoiler? Looking to add that to my FK7 hatch since all the options for a duckbill out there are horrible quality and I don't want to be just another hatch with a replica Wing...
I have these in stock here in the UK. What colour is yours?

Stephen

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Anyone have a part number for the 2020/21 steering wheel controls/trim?

This would be to place on a replacement steering wheel so the swap is easier (don't have to pry OEM ones off).

CanadaCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R (CW)
Country flag
Does anyone have the part number(s) for the complete spare tire kit (wheel, tire, spindle, trunk floor, etc.) for the 2020 model?

I contacted Hondapartsnow.com and they literally refused to help me on the basis I was driving a 2020. They wouldn't even let me talk to their parts folks to ask a simple question.

rojohi

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatch Sport, 2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Does anyone have the part number(s) for the complete spare tire kit (wheel, tire, spindle, trunk floor, etc.) for the 2020 model?

I contacted Hondapartsnow.com and they literally refused to help me on the basis I was driving a 2020. They wouldn't even let me talk to their parts folks to ask a simple question.
I would imagine it is the same as the prior years.

I ordered the " Temporary Kit *NH900L* " from them, warning shipping is expensive and you have to buy the tire separately. But the upside I have the piece of mind that I don't need a flatbed to get home.

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~kit~temper~nh900l~06421-tgh-a02za.html

CanadaCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would imagine it is the same as the prior years.

I ordered the " Temporary Kit *NH900L* " from them, warning shipping is expensive and you have to buy the tire separately. But the upside I have the piece of mind that I don't need a flatbed to get home.

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~kit~temper~nh900l~06421-tgh-a02za.html
Thanks for that.

Is that actually the complete kit including new trunk floor and steel rim (minus the tire)? It seems way too cheap at only $136 USD.

Their website says it does not fit a 2019 (can't check 2020)...not sure if that is correct or not as none of these parts should be different.

Last edited:

rojohi

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatch Sport, 2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Thanks for that.

Is that actually the complete kit including new trunk floor and steel rim (minus the tire)? It seems way too cheap at only $136 USD.

Their website says it does not fit a 2019 (can't check 2020)...not sure if that is correct or not as none of these parts should be different.
It came with yellow rim, valve stem, anchor, jack kit, foam circle that you can put the jack kit in that sits on the rim when stored, 3 rubber stickers for the floor, safety sticker for your spare tire, new sticker for your door jam, and new floor to replace the existing.
If you are getting this and are interested in the plastic mat for the back, don't get the Type-R one, get the one for the Civic Sport and trim the right side to make room for subwoofer.

CanadaCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It came with yellow rim, valve stem, anchor, jack kit, foam circle that you can put the jack kit in that sits on the rim when stored, 3 rubber stickers for the floor, safety sticker for your spare tire, new sticker for your door jam, and new floor to replace the existing.
If you are getting this and are interested in the plastic mat for the back, don't get the Type-R one, get the one for the Civic Sport and trim the right side to make room for subwoofer.
Perfect, thanks again.

The only thing I can't figure out now is why that website specifically says the kit doesn't fit a 2019 Type R. I don't think the trunk area changed on any model of CTR but I could be wrong.

Too bad I sold my Civic Sport trunk liner with my previous vehicle haha, I was thinking I would just get the Type R one, but it looked like I should have kept it!
Sponsored