2020 Type-R Parts

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
These are showing up on google. Still missing the front grille (should be around $120-ish). Add shipping if ordering online. Where to order? Google each part number below and choose your poison (caveat emptor). Best to talk to your dealer to see if you can get them cheaper, factoring in shipping.

- brake rotors - 45251-TGH-A01
- brake pads - 45022-TGH-A12
- front grill - 71121-TGH-A51
- alcantara steering wheel - 78501-TGH-C90ZA
- shifter (shorter for 2020) 54100-TGH-G01
- new knob 54102-TGH-G00
- rear lower arms: 52355-TGH-A10 (L), 52350-TGH-A10 (R)

Roughly around $1200** (excluding tax and shipping) to turn your old car into a slick suede mobile without all the nannies. **Prices will fluctuate depending on supply and demand. Early bird gets....

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Type-R Parts upload_2020-2-15_16-32-7
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
So the part numbers of the rear upper and lower control arms didn't change?
That means that every fk8 that ever would need a new rear control arm gets better bushings.
Thanks I’ll update the list.

19typeRblk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Porsche 944 turbo S, 1978 Porsche 911SC, 2014 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I would really I be really interested in the updated rear control arms. I'm assuming it's not a big deal to swap out from the existing ones. Has anyone confirmed the 2020 front grill is a staight swap from the 2017/2019 front grill?

OP
OP

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
I would really I be really interested in the updated rear control arms. I'm assuming it's not a big deal to swap out from the existing ones. Has anyone confirmed the 2020 front grill is a staight swap from the 2017/2019 front grill?
I can’t see a reason why the rear arms were updated other than for more rear camber, weight, or for new bushing design. Of course again sometimes purely because a new manufacturer is making them, a new pet number will be issued.

Iilac

Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, CTR, TUNDRA, MAXIMA, CX9
Country flag
Someone on facebook posted that the new rotors weight the same as the 17-19 rotors. There is no weight benefit to the new rotors at al.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I can’t see a reason why the rear arms were updated other than for more rear camber, weight, or for new bushing design. Of course again sometimes purely because a new manufacturer is making them, a new pet number will be issued.
The updated the suspension to do 2 things:
  1. Provide better comfort in comfort mode
  2. Provide more grip in +R mode

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Someone on facebook posted that the new rotors weight the same as the 17-19 rotors. There is no weight benefit to the new rotors at al.
Maybe someone has already mentioned it, but two piece rotors also extend the life of wheel bearings because less of the heat from the brakes is transferred to the hub. The grease lasts much longer.

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
Please research the difference in the two types and then read it. There are plenty of threads about noisy two piece systems whether by design, or issues with the way they are made. More parts in a sense with the floating hub. We will wait and see.
Well aware of the different types of brake rotors that are made for cars. None of your posts are cohrerent. Use words to explain the concepts and ideas you are trying to convey, instead of saying things like "they'll squeak if they aren't done right". That is utterly meaningless.

I've driven many cars with 2-piece floating rotors, and have never had issues with noise from the rotor design. Of course, you can get pad deposits or race pads that will cause brake squeal, but this has nothing to do with the rotor design.

My opinions are based on WI weather. The OEM 19 rotors and pads would never heat up enough for daily driving. I understand they are for performance driving, but how many people are holding their cars to ideal conditions?
What are you talking about? The OEM pads are absolutely "up to temperature" in daily driving, as they have a an operating temp range of ~50F-600F. A single stop from >25mph to zero will get them up to "operating temperature". That's why they are poor for heavy track driving, because they are designed to work for daily driving (and the temperature ranges the car encounters during daily driving).

Are we sure the new 2 piece rotors are true floating type? Being 2 piece is not the same. Floating rotors have slot that allow the rotor to expand radially which some other 2 piece rotors are fixed. I think you will find the true floating rotor is the better performing rotor but also more expensive and noisy.
I don't know of any Brembo 2-piece applications that are not floating. Generally, the only manufacturers who make fixed 2-piece rotors are aftermarket companies. 2-piece fixed rotors are not safe for high performance use.

Last edited:

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
I don't know of any Brembo 2-piece applications that are not floating. Generally, the only manufacturers who make fixed 2-piece rotors are aftermarket companies. 2-piece fixed rotors are not safe for high performance use.
Most 2 piece floating rotor manufacturers market the rings themselves. It is possible that Honda doesn't want untrained people trying to reconnect used rotor hats with new rotor rings and therefore are not interested in selling rings only. To be fair, if you were paying full labour rates to switch rings, it might be cheaper just to buy the hat/ring combo.

OTOH, we won't know if it is a true floating rotor until someone takes the hat and ring apart. Certainly it looks like the hat is much beefier that the Girodisc ones which may add to the OEM weight.

Agree that noise issues are usually due to inadequate/poorly functioning anti rattle springs in the hardware and with a good manufacturer, OEM or aftermarket, this should not be a problem.

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
Most 2 piece floating rotor manufacturers market the rings themselves. It is possible that Honda doesn't want untrained people trying to reconnect used rotor hats with new rotor rings and therefore are not interested in selling rings only. To be fair, if you were paying full labour rates to switch rings, it might be cheaper just to buy the hat/ring combo.

OTOH, we won't know if it is a true floating rotor until someone takes the hat and ring apart. Certainly it looks like the hat is much beefier that the Girodisc ones which may add to the OEM weight.

Agree that noise issues are usually due to inadequate/poorly functioning anti rattle springs in the hardware and with a good manufacturer, OEM or aftermarket, this should not be a problem.
Brembo never makes the rings available separately for sale, it's very frustrating. For some of the Brembo 2-piece rotors (obviously not the CTR yet), aftermarket companies will manufacture rings which re-use the original Brembo hats, but if you buy from Brembo, you have to buy the entire assembly (hat and ring).

The new rotors are fully floating with spring clips. I don't know if I can link the photos I have as they are posted on a private FB group, but it is a fully floating design. Weight is allegedly the same (24.5lbs), which is odd to me.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Here is a photo I pulled off FB

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Type-R Parts IMG_7753.JPG

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
Did they do anything to the seat?
Sponsored