ultrashin

First Name
NOH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
2020 with Honda Sensing is quite handy when you are doing long trips. All the little upgrades are nice to have.

So with this only my bum gets numb from sitting too long and the car reminds me to steer even though the road is completely straight.
Pretty much all cars with driving assistance systems do that. I believe it is a safety measure, but it can be disabled through software.
Sponsored

GTWaggin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Type R
Country flag
Our Outback has adaptive cruise. Maybe I'm old and set in my ways, but I don't care for it. If there's enough traffic to require it, I'd rather drive myself. Backing out of a space at Costco is another matter...

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
That’s odd since I can definitely notice an improvement. Maybe the lights on my previous model had an issue.
I read somewhere there was a running change with the same pn.

For #7 in your list, just move the headlight stalk from auto to “on”. This will keep lights on without auto high beam.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
That’s odd since I can definitely notice an improvement. Maybe the lights on my previous model had an issue.
Idk to me it seems the 2020 has more of a blue in its light and doesn't stand out as much. For some reason I could see better in my 19 but maybe the angle of the lenses are adjusted differently.

On ride quality, the 2020 in +R with stock wheel setup felt more comfortable than it did previously in comfort or sport, while still being stiff and responsive. To me though, and maybe it's because I'm going to bed needing new tires, but the car is pretty jerky and darty going fast over bumpy roads. A few times whipping though a bumpy section of highway I've had the rear end get super light on me

hang729

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Does anyone know if this red leather shift knob fits directly 2020 ?
Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Type R Owners Who Have Upgraded from a 2017-2019 51A30888-7B23-4178-96AD-B9D702E67552

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Does anyone know if this red leather shift knob fits directly 2020 ?
51A30888-7B23-4178-96AD-B9D702E67552.jpeg
It should fit, but portions of the retaining collar will be visible that aren't meant to be visible. I've had it fit though with the 2020 shift boot and locking nut. The image shows it with the older shift boot and locking nut though.

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
owned a 2018 now a 2020. The car is much better in every way.
auto highbeams at night is worth the uograde alone lol

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone seen a faster lap time by a '20 vs 17-19 CTR? Please post. Thank you.

Pzb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Country flag
Unless you break even for the upgrade, I can’t see a good reason to make the change. The 2020 car has minor improvements only. If you have the money and need something for yourself, go buy something that will stay with you for a lifetime.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Unless you break even for the upgrade, I can’t see a good reason to make the change. The 2020 car has minor improvements only. If you have the money and need something for yourself, go buy something that will stay with you for a lifetime.
You really can't break even with the upgrade, the 2020-21 has a higher MSRP than the 2017-19. You'd need to sell the 2017-19 for more than you bought it to break even with the upgrade.

That being said, you'll end up paying more for the 20/21 than what you have now if you were to upgrade. So find the difference and ask yourself if the upgrades provided are worth that cost. For example say that your Type R will trade in for 32k and the 20/21 is 42k out the door, is the 10k worth it in your eyes for the suspension, radiator, shifter, Alcantera, heated mirrors, and HondaSensing?

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
You really can't break even with the upgrade, the 2020-21 has a higher MSRP than the 2017-19. You'd need to sell the 2017-19 for more than you bought it to break even with the upgrade.

That being said, you'll end up paying more for the 20/21 than what you have now if you were to upgrade. So find the difference and ask yourself if the upgrades provided are worth that cost. For example say that your Type R will trade in for 32k and the 20/21 is 42k out the door, is the 10k worth it in your eyes for the suspension, radiator, shifter, Alcantera, heated mirrors, and HondaSensing?
In my case , owning my car for 24 months , paid down my principal almost 8k , my trade was 32k. Interest rate was 2.75% 72 months. Now it is 2.25 percent at 72 months , lower monthly payments.

I had basically 8k to put towards the 2020. I got a new paint job, new tires, new windshield , new upgrades for brakes, design cooling and best of all honda sensing which is really good.

So yes it can be done if you know how to shop around for interest rates and any normal person should be at least expecting to be putting 3-4k down when buy a car

Type R has one of the best resale values within 2 years , yes you may pay off your 2017-2019 faster but for my situation, car was re ar ended "minor damage", will be getting a 30k payout for injuries, car went through a tornado of sand,, headlights pitted , windshield some of the side windows and paint. btw i love auto highbeams at night , and with adaptive cruise on/lkas/lane departure mitigation the car basically drives itself. I will most likely keep the car 3 years before upgrading again.

btw a new set of sport compact 6 /alignment/mounting tire on rim , cost about 1300.00 alone, I traded at 10k miles lol for my 2018 ..

I have found the dampening system is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BETTER , brakes , too.
I dont mind the active sound control as I do not hear vibrations as much and dont mind type r fake sound. I could care less what people hear outside my vehicle. I put hondata back on it with the e30 tune.

btw the new 2020 CTR has the same stopping distance of a 2020 Acura NSX unlike the 2017-2019 CTR and is also the same speed previous years. If anything the driver will determine which car is faster in a 2017-2020 CTR.

Last edited:

onions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 992
Country flag
I read somewhere there was a running change with the same pn.

For #7 in your list, just move the headlight stalk from auto to “on”. This will keep lights on without auto high beam.
is there a way to upgrade a '17's headlights with a '20 version to get the better output? is it a bulb thing or does the whole headlight housing need to be swapped?
Sponsored