123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No Yellow color, no care. :flame:
I am glad there is no yellow as i spent few g to fully wrap in and out of my ctr just months ago..

I love the new blue though.
As for the upgrades, it is nice but not impressed. I would be jealous if it has new tune on it and has better power output.
In terms of upgrades ..not worth the wait imho.
Like .
short shift.. i am sure acuity or hybrid racing are both better.
Front grill is good to have which i will just buy it and swap to my 2019.
Home sensing.. i am not a fans of it
New rotor and pad... would only be nice if it doesnt squeak like earlier years.
New bushings are nice but i can live without it.
Suede Steering wheel on the red part.. nice to have which can easily be purchased..

New knob.. no need. Better get titanium one so it wont burn or freeze my hand. Oem one freeze my hand every winter morning here in canada.

Last.. who know how much they increase the price on ctr.
Sponsored

Last edited:

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
The refresh exceeded my expectations honestly. Honda can just be lazy, and the car will still sell. I’m glad that a lot of these cosmetic parts are interchangeable. Interested in how the steering wheel looks, and the fake noise. :)

Looks like the front rotor is now 2 pieces? I hate how the current rotor has a circle of rust around the wheel hub.

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
- modified suspension for improved comfort - is that needed?!
- New for 2020 is Active Sound Control, which modifies interior sound in concert with chosen drive mode - great now some fake sound, like big brands do...
- alcantara steering - no thanks, looks nice in racing, but on the long run a mess to clean up

I wonder how much softer the new gen CTR will become.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
- modified suspension for improved comfort - is that needed?!
- New for 2020 is Active Sound Control, which modifies interior sound in concert with chosen drive mode - great now some fake sound, like big brands do...
- alcantara steering - no thanks, looks nice in racing, but on the long run a mess to clean up

I wonder how much softer the new gen CTR will become.
I think they stiffened up +R mode and softened up Comfort mode, or at least that's the way they made it sound.

various cheeses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
I can’t wait til fake engine noise is relegated to the dustbin of automotive history.

why do automakers do this?

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can’t wait til fake engine noise is relegated to the dustbin of automotive history.

why do automakers do this?
Well.. there are ppl like real small boobs.. and some prefer fake big boobs...

I am with you . Fake noise should be in trash can

CTRHONDATA

Banned
Banned
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
like it or not the 2020 is the best type r made now.

i am seling my 2018

Amazon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Cobalt SS
Country flag
Grille looks nicer, shorter throws are always welcomed as well, but I'm concerned that Honda Sensing will increase the price a good bit and I could care less about it.

Deleted member 31314

like it or not the 2020 is the best type r made now.

i am seling my 2018
I would say this IS the Type R now so if you buy one here's what to expect.
Is it the best?...ehhhh...is it though...I mean if you don't have one sure because you have a Type R void of in your life but for existing owners selling to upgrade to the 2020 seems a bit silly for what has been refreshed especially if these cars are being modified already.

All the sensing crap is a big no, and the fake engine noise is a major fail. Car still looks good though, and lots of new owners will enjoy it and that's great. At least it's still manual, turbo, and not a damn hybrid!

Coach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V KTuned
Country flag
"For the 2020 model year, drivers can also expect added refinement, including a new Alcantara™-wrapped steering wheel and a new shifter with a restyled knob and shorter shift throws"

What exactly does a "new shifter" mean? If it's just the shift lever to get shorter throws that's fine. Just wondering if this will also address the lockout issue.

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
New rotor and pad... would only be nice if it doesnt squeak like earlier years.
High performance brakes squeal when they aren't up to temp or when you get minor amounts of pad deposits (typical for daily driving).

New knob.. no need. Better get titanium one so it wont burn or freeze my hand. Oem one freeze my hand every winter morning here in canada.
Any metal knob will be hot in summer and cold in winter. Doesn't matter if it's aluminum, titanium, etc.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
High performance brakes squeal when they aren't up to temp or when you get minor amounts of pad deposits (typical for daily driving).

Any metal knob will be hot in summer and cold in winter. Doesn't matter if it's aluminum, titanium, etc.
Aluminum is one of the stronger heat conductors out there and will get hot/cold relatively quickly. Titanium will take longer for it to get hot, but it does get hot, just not nearly as quickly.

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
Aluminum is one of the stronger heat conductors out there and will get hot/cold relatively quickly. Titanium will take longer for it to get hot, but it does get hot, just not nearly as quickly.
Of course. Aluminum is >10x more thermally conductive than Ti, but if the car is sitting in the sun for 2 hours in the summer, the knob is gonna be hot.
Sponsored