si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I just wanted to jump in quick to give my two cents on the Honda sensing tech that I was skeptical about before getting my 2020 Si.

I wasn't sure if I was going to utilize it enough to justify getting a 2020 over a left over 2019 and I gotta say, it’s pretty sweet. It saved me from smoking a deer that jumped out into the road by starting to brake before I even saw it and prevented me from smashing up a two week old car. The adaptive cruise and lane keep assist are nice to have for long highway drives too, but all of it is able to be turned off without having to press buttons every time you start the car. So it’s not in your way when you don’t want to use it.

Bottom line: it’s there if you want it, and you’ll be thankful for it if you have to use it. It’s better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
Sponsored

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
I think by later this winter they mean late January or late February right?
Same thing they did with the 2017 Type R launch, “launching later this spring” which went on sale June 15.

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same thing they did with the 2017 Type R launch, “launching later this spring” which went on sale June 15.
Welp even better, was trying to wait till March/April anyways

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
[Honda Sensing] saved me from smoking a deer that jumped out into the road by starting to brake before I even saw it and prevented me from smashing up a two week old car.
That's interesting since the system is not designed to detect animals, trees, plastic garbage bins, or any other objects that are not metallic or shaped like a human figure.

gt_fk8

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
As a owner of a 2018 Model I am most interested in the shifter changes, suspension changes and obviously cooling changes. In Australia we already had Honda Sensing so nothing new there. I do want a 2020 now I must say and the new steering wheel!

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Wow, very nice improvements with the 2020! Feel kind of bad for those who just bought a 2019.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
As a owner of a 2018 Model I am most interested in the shifter changes, suspension changes and obviously cooling changes. In Australia we already had Honda Sensing so nothing new there. I do want a 2020 now I must say and the new steering wheel!
I don't know if the suspension will be compatible with older models. It might have a software lock to it like the infotainment system did with the 2019s. I'm still curious what Active Sound Control is; I think it's either a system that pumps in artificial engine noise based on mode or an actual active exhaust system that changes based on mode (latter being more unlikely as it seems like something they'd brag about in the PR).

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
for the most part i welcome these changes because it sounds like we will be able to upgrade to most of the, if we chose too.

various cheeses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
Wow, very nice improvements with the 2020! Feel kind of bad for those who just bought a 2019.
I wouldn't. With Sensing now standard, I'm going to probably pull the trigger on one of the 5 CWs in my area this weekend. Got leverage with the new 2020 models coming I'm hoping. The other stuff is kind of cool, but like frtorres87 said, it could be upgraded later.

Galaxythief

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
I wouldn't. With Sensing now standard, I'm going to probably pull the trigger on one of the 5 CWs in my area this weekend. Got leverage with the new 2020 models coming I'm hoping. The other stuff is kind of cool, but like frtorres87 said, it could be upgraded later.
This is more or less my thinking, although I'm going to wait until the Spring as to not by it, then have to buy new wheels/tires right away for Winter.

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
def curious about the shifter. but not as jealous of the 2020 as I expected to be. based on what I'm reading I'm still happy to have my 2019
Agree. I like all the changes but the fake noise.

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
That's interesting since the system is not designed to detect animals, trees, plastic garbage bins, or any other objects that are not metallic or shaped like a human figure.
“This system is powered by a radar transmitter mounted in the grille trim in order to determine distance and closing speed of obstacles ahead of you. Whether the obstacle is another vehicle or pedestrian, the radar and high-resolution camera will take in the information it needs to help you avoid a potential accident. Then, visual and audio warnings are given to notify the driver to apply the brakes or swerve slightly to avoid the collision.” -Honda

It obviously can’t sense every little thing in your path, but I can tell you for sure that it recognized that deer.
Sponsored