Country flag
Honda take my money . I will sell my 2018. Ctr

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
Of course. Aluminum is >10x more thermally conductive than Ti, but if the car is sitting in the sun for 2 hours in the summer, the knob is gonna be hot.
Both knobs might get to the same temperature, but Aluminum will transfer the heat into your hand faster.
There's a reason why UL allows higher operating surface temperatures for handheld devices based on material.

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
Letā€™s pray for:

-One more trim on this generation.
-And hopefully we can get one here.

Note: TBH, the 2020 refresh so far, it is all parts we put on the car, when it comes to aftermarket route. Iā€™m not impressed. Logical face-lift & mechanical upgrades, big MEHfor current CTR owners, unless you are a sucker for the radio button :D

19typeRblk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Porsche 944 turbo S, 1978 Porsche 911SC, 2014 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I am glad there is no yellow as i spent few g to fully wrap in and out of my ctr just months ago..

I love the new blue though.
As for the upgrades, it is nice but not impressed. I would be jealous if it has new tune on it and has better power output.
In terms of upgrades ..not worth the wait imho.
Like .
short shift.. i am sure acuity or hybrid racing are both better.
Front grill is good to have which i will just buy it and swap to my 2019.
Home sensing.. i am not a fans of it
New rotor and pad... would only be nice if it doesnt squeak like earlier years.
New bushings are nice but i can live without it.
Suede Steering wheel on the red part.. nice to have which can easily be purchased..

New knob.. no need. Better get titanium one so it wont burn or freeze my hand. Oem one freeze my hand every winter morning here in canada.

Last.. who know how much they increase the price on ctr.
For my 2019 CTR I would consider the updated front grill for better engine cooling and the rear bushings if it not a pain in the *** to swap out. Hawk make a pad (HPS) for the CTR that's less prone to heat and fad, and it's not a dusty, screeching nightmare of a race pad

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
I could care less it cost me next to nothing to upgrade. Are you jealous? you act like it
Jealous. Now thatā€™s funny.

You stated in another thread that youā€™ll get 38.5k for your used car. I think you are delusional.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
For my 2019 CTR I would consider the updated front grill for better engine cooling and the rear bushings if it not a pain in the *** to swap out. Hawk make a pad (HPS) for the CTR that's less prone to heat and fad, and it's not a dusty, screeching nightmare of a race pad
I have the Hawk HPS 5.0 on my 2018 right now. They are more prone to heat and fade from what I can tell. So far I havenā€™t noticed much dust with them, but itā€™s the middle of winter so the wheels get crud on them anyways. They are silent as can be, I havenā€™t been able to make them squeal within the past month Iā€™ve had them.

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
No announcements or anything concerning the 2020 Type-R. My dealership telling me that they'll only make 2020 for half a year is looking more and more probable. TypeR 10th gen will be done after this year. New Type-R platform for 11th Gen in 2021 and beyond.

Hold onto your Type-Rs guys!
This thread didn't age well. What's your dealership name? You should let us know so people know to ignore anything they have to say about the CTR.

19typeRblk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Porsche 944 turbo S, 1978 Porsche 911SC, 2014 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Jealous. Now thatā€™s funny.

You stated in another thread that youā€™ll get 38.5k for your used car. I think you are delusional.
I have the Hawk HPS 5.0 on my 2018 right now. They are more prone to heat and fade from what I can tell. So far I havenā€™t noticed much dust with them, but itā€™s the middle of winter so the wheels get crud on them anyways. They are silent as can be, I havenā€™t been able to make them squeal within the past month Iā€™ve had them.
I think the next one up is the Hawk HP Plus and they say street and track day. After that then you get into strictly track pads and not for street use.
I had strictly hawk track pads on my Porsche 944 turbo S track car and would occasionally drive it on the street and boy did they squeal!!
Sponsored