Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R; 03' Mitsubishi EVO; 2018 Polaris Slingshot SL-R
Country flag
No announcements or anything concerning the 2020 Type-R. My dealership telling me that they'll only make 2020 for half a year is looking more and more probable. TypeR 10th gen will be done after this year. New Type-R platform for 11th Gen in 2021 and beyond.

Hold onto your Type-Rs guys!
Sponsored

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R #2314, LS Swapped FC RX-7
Country flag
Anyone else sick of hearing about random rumors they've heard from salespeople at dealerships? Honda has already said they are releasing info on the 2020 Type R soon. We need to be patient.

I know it's difficult to wait for the news but all this speculation about it suddenly not happening is getting really old. Especially from existing Type R owners hoping 2019 is the last year so their resale value doesn't tank. You bought a depreciating asset - enjoy it for what it is. The value on your car will not be going up even if they stop producing them so why does it matter so much to you?

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Anyone attend the International Auto Show in San Diego? At 11:59 in this farting video, you can see the sign in the back "the redesigned Civic Si, Hatchback and Type R." I thought the Type R wasn't receiving any cosmetic changes, including the new vents that all other body styles/trims are getting.

Akutober

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR CW
Country flag
Tokyo Auto Salon is the weekend so its possible they may release some news there.

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
Anyone else sick of hearing about random rumors they've heard from salespeople at dealerships? Honda has already said they are releasing info on the 2020 Type R soon. We need to be patient.

I know it's difficult to wait for the news but all this speculation about it suddenly not happening is getting really old. Especially from existing Type R owners hoping 2019 is the last year so their resale value doesn't tank. You bought a depreciating asset - enjoy it for what it is. The value on your car will not be going up even if they stop producing them so why does it matter so much to you?
Value will go up maybe for CTRs in their right minds. Meaning unmodified, clean history and not abused.

r712

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R (FK8) | 2017 Fit (GK5)
Country flag
Can we get one single thread for all 2020+ type r related news?

I swear people keep making new threads each time they find some little bit of information that may (or may not) be true and it just makes it difficult for people to find a place where all the discussion has already taken place. It's no wonder people don't want to properly search through the site to find the info they need. I feel like this is why we end up with countless re-hashed discussions in multiple places on this site.

I know tighter moderation isn't always the right answer, but I feel like I see a new 2020 type r related thread every week or two at this point. Lol.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

My resale value already got smacked so whether or not there is or isn’t a 2020+ CTR is not a concern in my eyes lol

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai veracruz, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have mine with basic mods and plan to keep it for a very long time not bc of value, but bc it really is a blast to drive and its so economical for the type of car it is.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Rumor is that they are shifting production to Japan for the next 2 years, which may explain the minor supply interruption. Though I suspect it's simply due to retooling for the MMR. There's talk of a new base variant, in addition to the front/rear facia tweaks.

Deleted member 31314

Legend has it that if you travel out and down a quiet curvy road late at night with your current MY CTR and let loose upon the corners somewhere between the revs and turbo noises lies a frequency of VTEC magic that will allow the driver to witness the future of the CTR, also less important things like the meaning of life and how peanut butter cups are really made...
Sponsored